PCR5 ~~ next balance patch.

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

With the next balance patch a personal endeavour of mine is to achieve is making elite blade playable.
    • I'm liking Xirones first idea:
    • Elite Blade: Equipped champion gains a melee attack which has a CD of 1 and costs 1 less AP than a basic attack. If the equipped champion has a nora cost greater than 82, it also gains +10 HP, +2 DEF, and +2 DMG. (35 Nora)
    • Champs Effected are as listed in K'thir;
    1. Wood Elemental
    2. Elven Mage
    3. Ranger Elite
    4. Garu Kodiak
    5. Fae Oracle
    6. Epochal Sage
    7. Centaur Savage
    8. Tortun Slamhammer
    9. Garu Den Mother
    10. Condor Fury
    11. Wood Marshal Druid
    12. Timberwolves
    13. Angel of Restoration
    Beyond that I'm open for changes, I need two Nerfs and two buffs.
    • Current Nerfs I think need looking at are:
    • Elven Strategist
    • Deadly Tracker
    • Falconer
    • Elven Bard
    • To be continued
    Buffs
    1. Bowmage

Leaving this one to a community vote. Have fun guys!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    Woffleet and Entrepidus like this.
  2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

-Bowmage would be a good target for a buff/change, in my opinion. Blindfire is an expensive ability for one with such a limited range.
    -Spirit of Endurance could be an interesting champ if she lost the rather expensive Divine Favor upgrade path and had it exchanged for something cheaper.

Etherielin, xezno and Karmavore like this.
  3. Xirone

Also, any help making Forest Dragon/Spring Dragon a small champ would be great, even if it weren't an official buff/nerf/change!

Sirius likes this.
  4. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Though I'm still a total noob, this looks interesting.

Buff:
    1) Spirit of Endurance - What @Xirone said or just my random take because I am feeling creative:
    Range drop to 1, Change divine favor path to flash bomb, confuse, metamorphosis which should drop overall nora cost = sexy frontline harasser/supporter
    2) Elven Archer - +5hp and +1dmg

Nerf
    1) Elven Strategist - From the list he is the only exotic. That is my only reason.
    2) Arrowsinger - She looks like an awesome champ but I have no realistic way of getting her. So basically nerf her so I quit wanting to use her

I'm now banned from posting here arnt I?

5. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

No idea on nerfs, other than Falconer. But for buffs a few champions you could look at are:

Great Eagle - This thing looks exactly like Lerper, try to add some Beast synergy or maybe a bit of tank?
    Winged Lerper - Detection 3 to base and Escape/Stealth/Shadowstrike replaces Detection upgrades. Rend 3 base and replace Rend upgrades with Domain Vegetation/Forest Walker/Surge Beast.
    Clairvoyance - If all runes are revealed already, 2 random runes on CD are concealed.
    Elven Druid - I don't really have an idea for this guy. Maybe some illusion synergy to base?
    Wilderkin - Maybe replace Berserk Attack upgrades with Berserker 1/2/3 and remove Resolute from base. Also, lower base speed by 2 and add Blood Rage to base

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    JazzMan1221 likes this.
  6. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

BUFF
    1) Bowmage: elven prodigy completely outclasses the bowmage right now. Aside from imbue there is nothing he brings that can be done by another archer. He is squishy, low dmg, horrible range and high priced but yet he is supposed to be the best archer K'thir has haha. Since his range is so bad blindfire is of little use. The buff I propose is take blindfire away to bring his cost down, +1 range and add another ability like barrage to replace blindfire.
    2)Garu: this one is tough. They need something more to become a competitive theme. they have good dmg but only gets realized when they are clumped together. They were given a racial but then slowly taken away. Medium was a good range unit but was nerfed as well. I think some range def will go a long way in helping garu.

NERF
    1)Elven Strategist : take teleport away, his mobility makes him very dangerous
    2)Collosal Boa : he tanks way to well. Bring down to tough (1) -5hp

7. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Boas being nerfed, Garu/Fae are being buffed.

Etherielin and SaintKiwi like this.
  8. Xirone

He may not be able to leak what's being worked on but there was a post a while ago where the KF community discussed PCR 4. I can't remember exactly what was being discussed but I do remember Colossal Boa was to get hit, Fae Enchantress was to be buffed, and some other things. Of course, who knows what Gedden will do or how Karma's ideas will be implemented.

Edit: Since Karma is working on PCR 5, that probably means PCR 4 will go live soon, hopefully!

9. Xirone

Two Ideas...
    Elite Blade: Equipped champion gains a melee attack which has a CD of 1 and costs 1 less AP than a basic attack. If the equipped champion has a nora cost greater than 82, it also gains +10 HP, +2 DEF, and +2 DMG. (35 Nora)
    or
    Elite Blade: Equipped champion gains a melee attack which has a CD of 1 and costs 1 less AP than a basic attack. If the equipped champion has a nora cost greater than 82, it also gains Provision. (35 Nora)

Edit: Either of these changes make it so all equipped champions gain a special melee attack but only the "elite" ones gain any additional bonuses. The second one may be problematic, though, because Provision gives +1 SPD.

chickenpox2 likes this.
  10. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

If Fae get buffed I may check them out but how important is Fae Oracle to the setup? I have all the rest of them now but just not that one......

11. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I run Fae without Oracle, she's to slow paced for my liking and Starlight slyphs are already range powerhouses.

xezno likes this.
  12. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

THANK YOU XIRONE
    i really wanted to ask to buff elite blade but i was scared that people will say its a bad idea
    i believe someone suggested colossal rank i think it might be good to implement it
    Colossal 1- 35%
    colossal 2 - 50%
    what is wrong with bard she not even OP
    also
    buff KF Doomie - he's just horrible

13. Xirone

Actually, I want to second this. It was sloppy before the revamp (yet powerful) and became even more sloppy after the revamp. Now it is an expensive charge monster that heals things well. Heal Charged is an ability that needs to be deleted from the game.

K'thir Doombringer- Race changed from Beast to Beast, Plant. RNG increased from 3-5 to 4-6. DMG decreased from 10 to 9. Loses Charged (-3 nora) and Psychic Amped from base (-8 nora). Weary added to base (+4 nora). First upgrade path changed to Cripple (+3 Nora) & Horrific Howl (+5 Nora). Second Upgrade Path changed to Impair Vision (+4 nora) & Illuminate (+6 nora).
    Reasoning- KF doesn't have many dedicated debuffers, largely due to flavor reasons. This champ's flavor seem perfect for a KF debuffer. Certain other Doombringers have dual race affiliations and so this one becomes a Beast/Plant. If my math adds up, this champ would cost between 84 and 88 nora. Of course, the KF Doomie is such a hated champ that I think people would rage if it saw much play. With that said, it is such a messy champ, currently.

Bowmage- Blindfire removed from base (-15 ). Aim added to base (+8 nora). First upgrade path changed to Rain of Arrows 2/3. Second upgrade path changed to Farshot 1/2.
    Reasoning- Blindfire is just too expensive for a champ with limited range. This champ gains a few tricks with the change, possibly making his range quite nice. If he is too efficient, he could gain Spellswallower and Precision on base instead of Aim.

Spirit of Endurance- RNG increased from 3-4 to 4-5. HP reduced from 44 to 42. Blessed removed from base (-4 nora). Sustain Unstoppable added to base (+2 nora). First upgrade path changed to Soothing Serenade (+8 nora) & Divert (+10 nora). Second upgrade path changed to Blind (4 nora) & Soften (10 nora).
    Reasoning- KF has many options for Divine Favor and it doesn't really need to be on this angel. Sustain Unstoppable seems to fit the flavor and would be useful enough. Her cost after the changes would be 74-86.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  14. chickenpox2

u preferred if he still haf heal charge 2 so he can be used in any bg because if im running elves i only have only 2 beast almost all kf bg will have some sort of heal which give better meta presence

15. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

I like the spellswallower ability for bowmage. I was trying to think of adding something else to him for taking away blindfire and i was juggling between teleport and barrage but I think spellswallower is much better. :)

I kind of like the kf doomies. They might be a bit over-priced but they become powerhouses once they're amped, which isn't difficult to do in KF.

16. chickenpox2

will bowmage still have imbue stun?

17. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Oh man. Make Bowmage playable and I'll come back to the game!

Boa was getting pretty signifigantly nerfed already wasn't it? Taking a hit on toughness, hitpoints, AND losing colossal from what I remember. To me it honestly sounds like the tanglefoot overnerf. Especially since TFB is shoebox now. Trading Colossal for Scale armor seems fine, that means -25% damage taken from large champions, and +25% taken from small (ie most) champions, overall.

I am a fan of making Elite Blade playable.

Top of buffs request list: Bowmage, Ospryan Valkyrie (range changed to 3-5 done), Elite Blade, Ruthless Enforcer, Seeker of the Source range fixed back to 1-2(2-3 is nonsensically horrible). Also I really wish Lifeshield was made useable as a proactive measure. Perhaps doing what it already does, except also triggering versus area spells (but not backfiring them) and granting spell resistance for 2 turns after triggered.
    Top nerfs request: Strategist knocked down a tad, Boa nerfed a bit(I hope incrimentally instead of mega nerfed) Falconer knocked down a tad(hes pretty close to fair).

Xirone likes this.
  18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It'd be cool if something were done for Elder Garu, he's boring. Forest Dragon becoming a small champ would also be nice.

Xirone and Karmavore like this.
  19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Boa nerf hasnt come into place, unless I'm mistaken?

20. Xirone

Since it seems like Bowmage may be picked, it may be nice to choose a second champ that everyone has access to. Either of these are easily obtained.