PCR5 ~~ next balance patch.

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

At any rate, I've been giving out too many suggestions. Karma's in charge here so I'll bow out. :)

2. splitstax

splitstax Well-Known Member

I would rather have Relocate Ally on base and Relocate Relic on UG.

3. splitstax

splitstax Well-Known Member

Xirone. It is not in you to stop. It is what you do. Keep at it because you help people think about what they want even if they disagree with you.

4. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

idk , its hard to give KF players a reason to play anything without it being completely broken. the current KF meta is all insane , how do you run a balanced rune in that? idk

5. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Bowmage
    DMG:
    9 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 4-5 | DEF: 0 | HP: 44
    Base Abilities- Attack: Lightning Arrow (0 nora), Precision (+6 nora), Rain of Arrows 2 (+10 nora), Spellswallower (+6 nora)
    Upgrade Path 1- Imbue Stun (+12 nora), Stun (+6 nora), Sever Summons (+8 nora)
    Upgrade Path 2- Farshot 1 (+2 nora), Farshot 2 (+5 nora), (Multiattack 1 +8 nora), Retreat 1 (+3 nora)
    Nora Cost- 69-80

I hate when a champ only have 2 upgrade options or they are all just upgrading the same ability. Just my random thoughts.

Xirone likes this.
  6. Felixyr

Felixyr New Member

I'd like to make some suggestions but I'm ignorant of costing schemes. Are they available anywhere or have people just learnt them by experience?

7. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Poxbase.com

Felixyr likes this.
  8. Xirone

A champion with 10 DMG, 6 SPD, 1 RNG, 0 DEF, and 40 HP should cost around 35 NORA, assuming it has no abilities. I think +1 DMG costs +2 NORA, +1 SPD costs +8 NORA, +1 DEF costs +2 NORA, and +5 HP costs around +4 NORA. Range, unfortunately, is a much trickier calculation to price. These are just estimates but should be somewhat close to the actual calculation.

Felixyr likes this.
  9. Felixyr

Felixyr New Member

Cheers :) Now I can post when I have something good to say...

10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I think what we're gonna do is go ahead with Bowmage, I'll open up his own thread. FF is mosst likely going to receive Sentry 2. I discussed Entre's suggestion with the council, but they feel it's best to keep as is, but with addition of FF.
    I'm thinking of reducing the spd of Strategist and adding a somewhat sandbag to base and changing his upgrade tree.

Also hawk attack is in the midst of being changed too. Here is what I have so far.
    • Option 1: Hawk Attack: CD3 @ 4AP @+3dmg @10N (this removes all ranks of Hawk attack and creates 1 Ability, so that we can add more options to a units upgrade path.
      This would effect Bliss the Muse and would require an additional change made to her in order to update her kit.
    • Option 2: Hawk Attack: R1/2/3 CD3 @4AP @ +1/2/3dmg @ 4/7/10N this is an easier alternative to changing Hawk Attack as it does not effect any of the other champs upgrade paths. It just tones down the general power of the ability while appropriating the costs.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Option 1, KISS. But knowing Gedden, champs but end up getting rend on theirr upgrade tree.

12. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i prefer the first
    why sever summons though it doesn't really fit his skills occuli still exist btw i rather give him strike instead of sever summons it cost the same

13. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

With a choice of stun and strike, I am taking stun on him. Strike is really boring anyway and he is not only an archer but also a mage and I was trying to keep upgrade set 1 all mage related. Because of this I felt sever summons would be flavorful and it is a SUPER useful ability but since it is on the same tree as stun, it really makes you consider why you are running him and maybe even have two in a group, one with imbune stun/stun and the other with sever summons. These are just the ideas that were going though my head.

14. Xirone

I strongly prefer Option 1 as there really isn't a need for three ranks of Hawk Attack. It isn't mentioned in the suggestion but I hope it still will give Eviscerated. I did kind of hope the ability would retain a CD of 2 but understand if it loses it. I'd say look at Arrowshot and Flamestrike 3 as a guide for what it should do for the cost.

15. Xirone

Just to throw out an idea....

Elven Strategist- Loses Relocate: Foe from base (-8 NORA). Gains Confuse Enemy (+6 NORA) and Secure Fonts (+10 NORA) on base. Manual nora cost adjustments removed (-5 NORA, I think).

This version would be able to force a champion out of a font and lock that font down. The champion would be more expensive than the current version and would need at least 8 AP to use Confuse Enemy and Secure Fonts in the same round. I don't think it would be better than Relocate: Foe, but a discussion could be had about it.

16. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't confuse enemy relocate the person using the ability? "The next time this champion successfully makes an attack against an enemy champion, this champion is relocated 3 spaces directly away from the target." I've never used a planeshift (only champ with this ability).

Perhaps if he had knockback 3 (+8 Nora) this would give him the same intended effect? Also he could stand to lose surge enemy if he is losing relocate foe. He should just become a support rune/font harrasser instead of the jack of all trades he currently is. It would come with a nora discount but also make it so he is not good for attacking and is only good for battlemaster and font harassing. His low health and damage make it so jumping into a font is a calculated risk and presents counterplay options. (i.e. if you see elven strat saving AP near your font with enough AP you should deploy a banner or another champ (Or just position so you cannot be knocked out of the font and leaving him with enough AP to secure fonts). Not to mention you could just kill him once he secures fonts to remove the secured fonts status.

17. Xirone

You're right. Carry on.

18. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Are you allowed to explain why they felt that way? Would be helpful in shaping future comments/suggestions of mine.

19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

It mostly came down to having to re-do the ability. Coding etc. But this dosent stop you from doing what you do best. Cause I love most of what you suggest, you're very thorough with your ideas.
    As Xirone said, Carry on.

=)

Entrepidus likes this.
  20. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

instead of relocate foe on strategist, if he just had pull that would reduce the power level alot