Collective BG

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Morfeas, May 12, 2015.

1. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

What would a BG built to incorporate all the different races in the swamp look like? (based on "Collective Ambassador" and "The Collective")

Is it a "pick the best rune of each race" fest?

2. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

more or less yes.
    if you look at the usual meta builds they are pretty much "collective" builds.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I checked on this, and while many meta builds will have a few races, they typically feature too much of a glut in a couple specific races to really make it work.

Anima26 and Leadrz like this.
  4. AmmonReros

to be fair I didnt really check the new runes and abilities yet so I was going to update my post. Still meta builds often feature mare races than anything else.

5. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

IMO if i can get her to around 12 damage, she's fine with me. cleansing aura bby

6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Personally, I'd build an FS/FW split, using the fact that FW dips into a lot of "undead" versions of various races not otherwise common to either faction. Dead Fairy for example will get the bonus as long as there's no other Fairies (unlikely in such a split other than possibly a second Dead Fairy).

7. AmmonReros

fooling around a little with the Collective and Collective Ambassador and strangely my ambassador went down to 8 dmg (+1 from banner) after I deployed enough champs to actually go to +7 (and +1 for the banner).

The Collective itself seems to stop working when you have at least two of the same race on board no matter the race/s the new one has. For example I had an ambassador out (mirefolk), a Mandrake (plant) anda a BogHopper Glutton (guess the race) and then deployed a Firk. But no bonus there. 3 more different deploys (salaman, snaptooth and beast). No bonus either.

Has anyone else come across these things?

8. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Haven't bought my box yet but this sounds fishy, is it intended behavior @Sokolov?

9. Leadrz

In the sok crate, theres a person reported abnner + collective doesnt work either (go uhh add onto his post with the info)

10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Banner + Collective does work (and is glorious), but The Collective seems to be bugged to not function sometimes. I'm not certain of what specific trigger is involved, but I do no that I've seen it stop working, then start working again, in the same game. And I'm talking for even just single-race units (which I only had one of that race, like the one Sixul as my only Firk)

I've also had Ambassador's Surge Race not quite function properly, though I've never had it go lower as AmmonReros mentioned. Generally, it would stop counting new races around the same time The Collective stopped functioning.

My guess is that whatever algorithm is checking race is bugged itself, rather than being rune-specific.

On the plus side, my FW/FS Collective deck has gotten the Ambassador to around 22 DMG pending bugs, so that was cool I guess. My deck isn't complete though, by any means.

Anima26 likes this.
  11. Shell Dorado

Shell Dorado The King of Potatoes

I think that solely basing the deck around maximizing the Collective is probably imprudent; bringing her into a usual meta deck will give her a strong enough bump to make her worth including, but I'm not sure there isn't enough synergy in mixing as many races as possible to make a cohesive deck.

That being said, I've totally made one anyways xD https://poxbase.com/deck/cu2cgPctcg...YcoHc1gcaUs1sds1Ps4Us33sms5BrWr2ae3oe2we2ne1X
    I made this specifically to accomplish the Highlander daily objective; Unfortunately PoxBase hasn't updated, so just assume Arcanist=Collective Ambassador, Mindbender = Jellebrium Mediator, and Ol' Sok = The Collective.

12. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Same here. I did have two elementals out, so maybe it had something to do with that. I dont know.

13. AmmonReros

I feel like deploying or getting (summon, cast and summon or popping the Bone Slave) breaks the ambassadors Surge: Race and resets it to 0.

14. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

I haven't really dug deep into, but apart from meta isn't the poison theme taking a big advantage of collective(at least in theory)? They seem to have the widest selection of races at least theoretically fitting in the theme - with elemental, plant, treefolk, spirit, dragon as relatively rare racial traits.
    There is the other case of their viability though.

15. AmmonReros

may be true with the poison theme but making space for that. not easy.

Ohmin likes this.
  16. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

So, anyone had any success building a collective bg atm? I have a slight idea of what I want, but Im not sure on the rest, so I could use some help. I want to split with SL and use Gekaal. Thats about it, not sure on what to focus.

Edit: Nevermind I goofed, can't use Gekaal on a Split... I was thinking Gekaal + Torien for some judgement sweetness ... 50+dmg for 6 AP o_O ... oh well ...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  17. QuestDrago

QuestDrago New Member

It tried to make a bg using that idea

I used my best runes only legendary or limited + 2 "Collective Ambassador" and "The Collective"

I didn't notice the attack bonus to grow up

The deck doesn't work :/

18. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

It does work excellently ...

19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

"60% of the time, it works every time."

20. Leadrz

I think sok said it must have a bug somewhere.
    It stops counting or something.