Jellebrium Racial

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phynixe, Apr 3, 2016.

1. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Never thought of playing like that...is it practical?

2. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Yea, I lost to @Xirone like that quite some time ago( although I'm not sure he did it intentionally, that's what he did in a nutshell and it worked well as I was in SP map without Teleport). It requires being aggressive enough to hold your ground but careful enough not to lose runes, but that's not as hard as it sounds because again, Jellies aren't the best in combat and if u have numerical superiority it'll be hard to lose(given you didn't trigger all Jelly mind ranks ofc).

I can't be sure how well it would work now that Jellies have Creativity, but still worth a shot IMHO.

3. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

You guys are forgetting, or at least some of you, that I'm giving my opinion on the racial, not the theme itself. The champions themselves are balanced, but the racial is off the line of balance. It needs to be nerfed slightly and balanced out. It has too many components to be both considered a typical racial and at its nora cost.

Also in terms of damage, they have firk mask, but that's not the point.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Do you think the complete deck of Jellebrium has an inordinate influence on the current game state or is in some other way extremely bad? Aside from what sounds like an esoteric objection to the balance involved in their racial, what is your issue here?

Hekau718 and doubtofbuddha like this.
  5. Lushiris

You can't consider an ability without the champions that have it. Several abilities are made for champions that can't do certain things, because otherwise we would have a lot of broken stuff walking around. I say that weak champions statwise are perfectly balanced with a strong ability, as much as a sandbagged powerhouse. The same goes for specific effects in certain factions. I for one would run Delay 2x auto in a Jellebrium BG, specially now that they have creativity. But thankfully that's not really an easy feat.

Simply put, runes are different and factions are different; therefore we need to judge the abilities and effects by the power they exert while on the runes they have been designed to be on. So yes, Jellebrium Mind is super powerful, but far from being overpowered on the Jellies, at least at this exact moment, this expansion still is young.

poinl and doubtofbuddha like this.
  6. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

What is an esoteric objection? I know what esoteric means, I just don't understand what you meant.

7. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

He is calling for nerfs because of personal reasons, rather than rational ones, is how I understood it.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

In this case, an objection based upon a view that other people don't fully understand, or which depends upon a particular line of thinking that other people don't share.

9. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Why would I be asking for a nerf for personal reasons? I already gave reasoning behind each ability and gave an alternative. I don't need to support myself any further. What I stated in my post remains in tact with all the info I've provided. Take a look at any champion with teleport 3 and tell me how much it costs. Jellebrium mind not only gives teleport 3 at some point, but it also has sub effects aswell.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I mean, asking for nerfs for personal reasons is totally cool, that's literally every request for nerfs in one form or another. I just didn't understand your exact argument, and the relationship between your complaint about the racial and your statements about the theme.

Specifically, you are saying that the racial is strong by itself -- but, do you think the theme as a whole is too strong? Like, should everyone who wants to win play Jellies? Is there some other reason to nerf either the ability or jellies besides the innate power of the ability (or strength of the theme)? My apologies for coming off as curt earlier. If you could elaborate more, I'd really appreciate it.

11. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

I think Jellies need a rework as a theme.

12. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Using rune cooldown as a game mechanic is a cool design space, but I agree that it could use a revisit by Sok since he's a better designer.

13. Lushiris

I don't see all the fuss over Jelly mind. It works similarly to FW bonus, at least in the sense that the effect favors a sluggish gameplay where you'll eventually run out of rune options. The practical difference is that instead of your BG taking the regular regular time to come back while the FW enemy takes a pretty short time, your BG will take ages to come off of CD, while your enemy's will take the regular time. So in theory, Jellies get a weaker(because you need a few Jellies out), weirded up version of FW bonus that grants one super useful ability(Teleport) and a pretty meh one("regen" on squishy champions, lol).

All that for 6 nora. My view behind this apparently low cost is that although the potential is visually amazing, in direct combat it doesn't really give Jellies stats or extra power, and let's be honest, it builds up quite slowly. You're forced to a playstyle where you have to run away more than usual just to avoid your champions from getting brutalized. Teleporting around is the least they should be able to do with their given packages, that's what they've been built for, and even now it's not that amazing.

And yea, healing 6 hp after your 40 HP Jelly took 20 damage and ran away sounds super awesome, but no it's not OP at all.

14. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

upload_2016-4-5_15-9-1.jpeg

15. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

In before someone makes a Jelly split BG based on relatively cheap redeploys and breaks the racial.