Gale Force doing 36 damage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by horrible, Apr 21, 2016.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I don't mind slam when champs with a maximum of 4 range have it, when I see a 6 range slam champ or even 5 I always think why ? Certain abilities shouldn't be given to champs with 6 and up range, it just causes problems.

2. super71

Blah blah blah don't nerf my cheap rune, good post mate.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Remember that one time I galed you for the win? Cause I do. You were playing Snaptooths on Shores of Maljara.

4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

It's been proven that FW bonus is bad. The problem in changing it is that most FW runes and themes are built around it. Simply slapping something else would make the faction a mess, and adding something to the current bonus(as I think you've suggested once, iirc) has decent chances of making the faction too strong. And like I'll say below, it's not like FW lacks rune power to justify a worse bonus

But I think you're missing my point with Gale. All other faction has a handful runes that make it very easy killing a champion, be it spot removal, hard debuffs, redeployment or LoL(in FW's case). ST's access to those is at least very limited, and normally inexistent. Nerfing the only good answer ST has to superchamping(or at least heavily buffed champions) sounds like a very heavy hit to me.

Think like this, you can have 2 or 3 runes to quickly kill a champion in your BG(some people run them 2x so even more), while I can run Gale and Swap - which is powerful but in a different way so I'm not including it in this topic - to help me getting a kill. Gale isn't just the best spell I can use, it's the ONLY spell I can use when everything else fails; and trust me, it happens often. It's about the big picture, because a player can surely 2x gale for 2x kills, but a FW player can use Doom, ED, Soulreave and Reeper's Blade.

It's not fair because, specially now, we can see almost every faction having an answer to everything, and normally more than one answer. All I'm advocating for is to have one single spell that can do it.

And the fun part is that FW can most easily counter Gale with DMZ(not to mention the massive number of summons/ cheap meat that simply screw up most attempt of getting spell presence), but hey let's focus on the dead horse.

This is basically my last resort, because although I know it's a very versatile spell, I also know there are MANY ways to counter it(some most people aren't even aware of, like Swiftwind which Karmavore runs), while other spells that are as strong or stronger than Gale escape most counters but nobody talks about them, and consequently deem it broken as it's the most used tool ST players use to get kills.

But yea, after this I officially have no more arguments.

5. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

Blah Blah Blah no math in the 50 nora gale, good brain mate.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Not commenting on it's powerlevel, but this argument is meaningless.

There's no guarantee it hits your own champ. Or that it does 21 damage to your own champ. You're evaluating the spell solely based on an arbitrary situation of your choice that fits your narrative.

7. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

As long as ST has swap, I advocate we burn it to the ground

BurnPyro and super71 like this.
  8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

90% of st decks dont even use swap.

in in my last 3000 games ive seen swap used maybe 20-30 times total.

9. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Thats because everybody is terrible

super71, Alakhami, JellyBerry and 2 others like this.
  10. super71

Aww when using the word cheap, you should probably note it can be used in multiple different ways.

"gained or done with little effort <a cheap victory><talk is cheap>"

Your welcome for advancing your brain a few years to the level of adults.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

You're*

You're welcome for teaching you that it's you're welcome and not your welcome.

12. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

The actual title of it is "gale force doing 36 damage". Therefore I specifically mentioned how to do 36 damage. You also cut out one line of my post which means you knew that the cut line added body to my argument. Pretty much no one stands next to their own unit against ST, except for actual new players which is why other than specific instances of things like impervious, the ST player will probably do 15 damage to their own unit to set up that 36 damage gale.

13. horrible

horrible Devotee of the Blood Owl

2 issues with this: 1) You can make your champ impervious for a turn w/ righteous shield or whatever. 2) You can use a sacrificial champ to carry this out and then heal it. Tiny has made an entire deck around this. It's very effective.

14. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

did you read the post right above >.> "specific instances of things like impervious"