The problem with moga

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ballballer, May 3, 2016.

1. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Uhh.....I mean......what?
    Semi aquatic gives positive conditions for being around water
    Ghernbound only gives negative conditions

2. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

3. Nyanta

Nyanta I need me some PIE!

i think the point he was going for was that at one point it was bad to have that ability but it has changed to be a good thing to have due to how easy it is to negate or the benefits outweigh the negative at one point fs hated the aquatic theme due to how you had to generate water but over the years they got more and more access to water generation through abilitys ,relics, and spells so it became a good thing when champs had semi or aquatic due to all the water generation because it would make the champ cheaper or better than it was intended to be

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Y'all still don't run Cultural Contamination in moga?

Unless they changed how it works, that spell should also be considered part of the problem if moga are OP, which it is sounding like.

5. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I ran it for awhile. I have a free slot in my deck that peaks tactics, cultural contamination, looking for work, etc rotate in and out of

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Thats kind of what I was talking about. The last game I played against Moga, for example, there were six Moga around one Ghern. Overseer: Moga, a 3 Nora ability, allowed that group of Moga to be 54 nora cheaper. Spell spam would have been effective except most of them had Spell Resistance. I'm not saying Overseer: Moga is the main problem with Moga, but it is part of it, I believe. The current formula favors cheap champs with negative abilities that lower their cost more. When those negative abilities are negated rather easily by a very cheap ability, it is even better.

7. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Putting it another way, +1 SPD and +3 DMG costs around 14 nora. Ghernbound costs -9 nora. If the Moga were played in a game with no Overseer units, each and every Moga would be overpriced by 5 nora. If just one Overseer unit comes into play then suddenly every Moga near it becomes undercosted by 9 nora. That is a pretty big swing in efficiency.

Alakhami likes this.
  8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Semi Aquatic used to be -2 or -4, -1 speed -3hp when not near water. Now it's only a positive effect.

My point was, when Semi Aquatic had a negative effect it, people complained that it was too easy to negate hence why it was changed.

9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Sure a swing in efficiency, but without that g'hern present the majority are also total garbage. Most moga without a g'hern present are around 30 hp, under 10 damage and have 5 speed. Maybe make overseer: moga have a shorter range but that's playing a very dangerous game between balanced moga and very very bad moga.