Fire Blast and Acid Storm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alakhami, May 16, 2016.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Same nora, almost same damage, but one is AoE 3 and the other is AoE 2. I don't believe that 2DMG is worth as much as 1 AoE. Why is it still like this?

IronStylus likes this.
  2. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

I dont see the issue on this one

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Please hand out acid amp like sweet candy to every SL champ.

Thanks

Ballballer likes this.
  4. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Can every faction get a targeted 6 space 13 dmg aoe too please

Ballballer likes this.
  5. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

I could also compare two other spells: sheoul's fireball and crescendo. both 35 nora, both hit 3 champions. first one needs to kill a unit and can hit your own champions in range5+range5 and the second hits range3+range3. I dont believe range 5 is so superior that it needs two drawbacks.

6. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Aoe spells need revising. They nerf everything that is overused (ice storm, stellar horizon) instead of balancing their damage and nora cost. Superiority is currently the best spell with its enormous aoe6 (!) and dealing quite damage for same nora cost as things like fireblast, acid storm, lightning storm, burning sands, stellar horizon.

7. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

Spells havnt been revised since the revamp unfortunatly. and due to their nature are always unbalanced due to their unpredictable nature by design. I.E casting an aoe ability such as poison cone on a champ is easier to negate as you can "see it". unfortunatly you dont know if a spell is drawn and so are left guessing, the fact that their effect is instant and in general have larger aoe's creates balance issues with numerous spells, most spells at the moment are largly undercosted. arguably the cone nerf to 3 cooldown made spells more ideal due to the things i mentioned above. add to that, that reclaim relic and other anti relic abilites have been splashed about here there and everywhere also encourages the use of more spells due to some relics now been overcosted due to effects like seism.

Goyo and IronStylus like this.
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Because they are different factions and get different things. AoE spells are now apparently more SL's purview than UD's. Deal with it.

Goyo and Tweek516 like this.
  9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

fire blast has always been underpowered/overcosted. It should be 40 nora or aoe 3 and 50 nora.

10. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Guess why Ice Storm is 55 nora?

11. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

+6 nora to all SL champions? Careful what you wish for.

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

cus sok doesnt know wat hes doing, lol.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Dude, sweet candy is free man.

Didn't your uncle and local mailman teach you anything?

14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It would be interesting to work out a formula for AoE costing.

15. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

You can't compare two runes flat out like that, you have to look at the whole faction and how it plays together.
    If ice storm was removed from the game, would deep freeze get more play? probably
    If acid storm was removed, do they have any other decent aoe's?
    If fire blast was bigger, would superiority still get used?

Some factions do more dmg, some factions have bigger spells, some have more damaging spells, others have pain in the ass relics, and IS has too much defense.

nerf IS

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think this idea of universal formulas is actually an enemy of faction individuality.

But who cares, it's how the game is now, lets play it.

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

plz buff ud sok ud is kill or die

Tarabostes likes this.
  18. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]