Question About Avatars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eonix, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Eonix

Eonix New Member

I consider myself an EXTREMELY intelligent person. And before someone makes a comment on that sentence, let me distract you with my question :)

Despite my genius IQ (okay, okay, that's the last one, I promise), the leveling of avatars baffles me. My avatar gains a level per fight, which is nice. After each fight, the combat summary screen proudly proclaims my avatar gaining a new level and then explains what benefit this bestows on my avatar. For instance, leveling Laerik the Fierce from level 10 to 11 provided (according to the combat summary screen) 3 HP. Except when I go to the avatar rune card in the Rune Manager, Laerik doesn't have extra 3 HP. In fact, he has 76 HP, just like he did when he was level 10.

To compound the matter, Laerik had 11 damage and 73 HP at level seven. By level nine, that changed to 10 damage and 79 HP. At level ten, he was back to 11 damage but down to 76 HP. At level eleven, he is exactly the same as at level ten.

Is this normal? I am starting to doubt my IQ and my own genius and have been looking at going back to school, starting at grade 1. Or could it be that my mother exaggerated when she said I was special and in reality everything is proceeding fine with Laerik but I am not seeing something?

Please save the remaining shred of self-belief I have left and let me know if this is how avatars level... just random up and down. :)

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I haven't noticed any of that, but I find it interesting that Avatars are so weak compared to the meta worthy champs, that often they will lose in a 1 on 1 battle. I'm interested to see how it will play out after the revamp, because right now, I don't see any reason to get avatars other than for the shrine HP bump and warbanner.

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Today the surprise poison spit won me a game, possibly. Maybe I'd've won without, but it secured it. Avatars are a necessity for ranked play.

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I feel like releasing the avatar is surrendering with style.

5. Eonix

Eonix New Member

So, no one else noticed the weird leveling? I bet most of you have had them for ages and they have been level 50 forever :)

Still, I hope nothing is bugged with my Laerik.

6. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Most of us has had our Avatars leveld to 50 for ages so we havent seen it.
    Once your send up at lvl 50 i am sure it will be having the right stats :)