Do spirits really need to cover the whole map in DMZ though?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Sep 5, 2016.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Honestly, I'd love to cast a spell once in a game vs them

Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

they kinda do.

Riftbound
    At the end of its turns, if this unit does not occupy Dead Magic Zone, it loses 2 MAX HP.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

if only that'd be a real drawback

My question was more along the lines of: why is that considered okay, or, is that balanced?

4. kussel

kussel The King of Potatoes

I find it enough of a drawback that i prefer the vuln upgrades as opposed to rift bound.
    As i said in game, i find the abundance of surge to be more of a problem than the dmz, though in tight quarters like that map had it makes it hard to cast offensive spells

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Surge is apparently being changed, so I'm leaving that out here for a second.

I found the amount of DMZ everywhere way more annoying. It's true that it was one of those maps where fonts are close and everything is clumped up a bit, still I found it hard to push at all even with extreme nora advantages since I was banking 150 nora most of the mid to late game cause I could not use AoEs or any of my targetted spells. The deck was quite mediocre and relied on these to do well, but it was still pretty great as a defensive mechanism.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I dont mind a lot of FWs DMZ options but I wish Despoil wasnt such a mindless cast. As it is you throw it on a font or fight and if it collects 1-2 globes which is a reasonable assumpion it just basically became a free AoE spell protection. I kinda wish it got reversed.

Despoil - 30 Nora - AoE4 DMZ that collects globes. At the end of your turns the AoE shrinks by 1.

Qucas, Tweek516, DrakeArron and 3 others like this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

the original AoE4 collect might be a buff though, if you grab a bunch in a go, although it will cover less at the end.

What's wrong with making it AoE3 instead, AoE4 is 2 rounds of full font coverage

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I may be over estimating the shrink as a nerf but numbers can be tweaked as needed. My reasoning is that right now it starts as AoE 3 and gets up to what AoE 6? Starting at 4 and shrinking is a pretty severe reduction in the amount of space covered over the duration.

9. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Whoa, chill out with that talk.

10. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

I think we just need more anti summon counters in this game.
    And not the lazy kind. ( I'm looking at you shatter summon's )
    I don't think shatter summons should work on both summoned champs and relics.
    Like if we want to move forward with better anti summon counters we gotta make it more fair for the opponent.
    We really don't need more generalist runes or effects in pox nora. I for one wouldn't mind it being split up to into two different skills one to counter the former and another to counter the latter.
    But to be honest i'd rather we just get more creative anti-summon counters like raven tongue splashed around instead.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Should they, though

12. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

It should be treated like water gen in FS.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

nerf dmz and change the fw faction bonus to nora gen. !!! problem solved.

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

quit

Qucas and Etherielin like this.
  15. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

If DMZ gets nerfed then we should respectively nerf every unit in the game's spell presence, and lower the AOE of every AOE damage spell in the game.

Otherwise, you're looking at DMZ becoming utterly worthless, which I'm sure you all would just loooovvveee

16. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

DMZ in shrines or fonts is okay. Hell, I'm fine with Despoil even. I'm not fine with spirits covering everything save for my shrine with DMZ.

17. Etherielin

One other thing that annoys me about DMZ is that naturalize doesn't remove it, even though DMZ is a terrain modification.

18. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Putting aside your pathetic, pointless attacks on my character..

DMZ doesn't make a difference when someone can just cast around it. It mostly effects single target spell capability.
    I've despoiled only to get Firestorm/Icestorm/millenial icequake'd regardless.
    So no, I don't think DMZ ---> GEN <--- should be tampered with. That better for you?

We already know DMZ as a game mechanic isn't the issue; Yes, the topic is about DMZ ----> GEN <---- . You're just trying as hard as you can to discredit me. Which I don't give a damn for.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm sorry, I must've been absent when we established this?

20. Etherielin

Genuinely I feel like ability-generated DMZ could have AoE reduced by 1 and it'd still be functional and strong. Thinking of shadestrike here primarily, although arroyo rift could also qualify with its range.