Total War: Warhammer II

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Etherielin, Mar 31, 2017.

1. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

It feels way to early for #2. If they did more along the lines of napoleon with empire I'd find it a bit more palatable.

2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i'm hoping/expecting that they continue to release stuff for 1, which would make having a 2nd more palatable to me

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Bump, because WH2's been out for a while and Tomb Kings got released last week - who bought it? Did you enjoy it? How do you feel about the DLC?

4. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

they play pretty well, a little like vamps but better, hierotitan are Firking sick. I might take a break from them though because i'm more of a skaven or ork player. I've almost won the first game with orcs, beastmen, chaos and as norsca,

i'm still missing the vikings in mortal empire though I want my elephants :<.

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Tomb kings are freaking awesome. I'm still impressed by creative assembly's ability to make so many different factions play so differently. Looks like it will be a strong trilogy.

If only if it wasn't for all the dlcs etc. But these are the dlcs I can accept.

6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

tk brought in scorpibois

that's all i ever wanted

Etherielin likes this.
  7. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

have you guys tried out the heirotitan in the laboratory yet? it's beautiful

8. Etherielin

That was the first thing I did. :D

MEATMAN likes this.
  9. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I spent $60 on TW: Warhammer I and couldn't get into it. On paper, it seems exactly like the kind of game I would like. I LOVE 4X games - civ, stellaris, etc. and I LOVE Warhammer IP. But I couldn't stand the combat sequences in TW. They were slow, unwieldy, and grindy. What am I doing wrong? I WANT to like this game T_T

10. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

it could just be as simple as not liking it. The combat can be pretty annoying after awhile when it's the fifth battle in a row. Just try to get more units of higher tier and use auto resolve. Even try just using really simple tactics and hitting the x3 speed button. I enjoy the combat but really only if it's in a custom battle where I can watch the battle in cinematic mode.

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

the playstyles of the various races vary a *lot*. it may be that your preferred race for aesthetic purposes doesn't play the way you want it to. or, if you're doing campaign, that your low level armies are missing out on a lot of the more advanced tools each faction has access to, and so your practical gameplay options are (temporarily) limited in that way

newsbuff likes this.
  12. Etherielin

Correct - each faction in TW: Warhammer is unique and as such has a different playstyle. @newsbuff Since you have the Game 1, I'll overview each of G1 factions:

Beastmen: Skirmishers and ambushers. Lots of fast infantry, low on cav and artillery, kinda ok with magic. Another Horde faction like Chaos. Gameplay is very guerilla and they're fairly difficult to do well with. Flanking is your friend.

Bretonnia: Le baguettes. Best cavalry in the game and amazing flyers. Peasants are expendable which means you can have them dying without morale loss to your knightly units. Chivalry system and the Green Knight give them a lot of fun toys to play with. Difficult to play well as you have to cycle-charge cav to get maximum results.

Chaos: Heavily-armoured marauders. Think Mongols but with magic, monsters and a lot of armour. Always stay on the run.

Dwarves: The definition of deadly toolbox. Lots of artillery, bulky infantry and weaponry of all kinds. No cavalry or magic (other than runes) though. Typical phalanx faction.

Empire: Jack of all trades, master of none. Great array of casters (has access to all lores other than Death, High, Dark and racial ones), good artillery and decent cav. You have options for all stages of the game and their lords are all amazing. My personal favourite is Balthasar Gelt because of his buffs to infantry and artillery.

Wood Elves: Ranged masters. Weak melee infantry, decent monsters and absolutely amazing ranged infantry. One of the only two factions in game to receive bonuses for fighting in the forest. Nice caster choices as well and one of the few factions where going full ranged is encouraged.

Vampire Counts: Tons of meat. No ranged support. Some outright terrifying monsters though. If you're a fan of melee mosh pits, this is a faction for you. Also in Game 1 they're the only faction that can resurrect their troops in combat.

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

greenskins- the waaaghiest

14. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

have I got a video for you that made me start a new WAAAGH!!! campaign.

Dagda likes this.