IS font bonus and arctic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You gaiz should argue some more. It's really cute. I imagine in my head, two nerds arguing the power of different pokemon cards on the playground at recess complete with projectile tears and inaccurate open hand slaps.

Grand General Mosh and profhulk like this.
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I cannot believe what I'm reading, IS font bonus is somehow incredibly strong, enough to make a pox legend post a thread about it, yet, you can remove it without doing anything else, even when top players have played other factions, even if IS was filled with above average powerlevel champions and had the OP font bonus all this time.

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

And even if you post with runnon sentenses and sound like a dooshface but then you will post that Engrish is not ur first language so ha eat it but really u just suck at life and this sentense keeps going because I have the power over my period key and its by choice that I have not pushed it and biscassy is so mean but not really he likes chocolate icecream and boobies.

profhulk likes this.
  4. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

BurnPyro

Why u so mad Bro?

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Your train of thought is disturbing.

But yeah, people who are actually decent at this game value a good early game

6. Dresnar20365988

You can tell us Bro. Why you hate IS sooo much? You make up nonsensical nonsense when you make your mouth foaming mad comments about IS. What is it that makes you so mad?

Why Bro?

Tell us. We can help. Lets end your pain.

Why you so mad Bro?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
  7. GabrielQ

Then how come they played anything else than IS, with OP runes and OP font bonus?

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I have never been more calm.

It's incredibly satisfying to watch you try and make up enough nonsense out of thin air to defend your statements. Then when those fail you have to rely on the "derp herp mad".

Nothing beats reading your stories and trying to imagine someone who thinks he's making a legit case

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Fotm comes and goes. There's always something out of line for a period which has a better chance to win than something else. Meta and top tier changes. Doesn't mean we shouldn't nerf the always present ones.

10. Dresnar20365988

Just stop. You don't have to be brave. We know your mad. Just tell us. Tell us why.

Why you so mad bro?

11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I am not sure whether anyone has actually stated the elephant in the room, which would be that you can split /IS and get the full font bonus plus 2 split boni. That alone should merit some attention.

Why am I not sure? Because I can't be arsed to read your gossip

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This and that.

13. Dresnar20365988

I'm just concerned for you is all. All that rage. All that anger. Let us help you. Tell us. Why you so mad? Why? Bro? Why u so mad bro?

You will feel better. Did you always lose to Soremist? He is a pretty good player. Maybe its not IS? Maybe its you? Maybe Soremist is better than you? Is that why you are so mad? Tell us Bro. Why you so mad?

14. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

15. GabrielQ

Nobody thinks (well, at least I don't) that IS font bonus is good, because of that you say, the point here is, would you remove/replace the current bonus without any compensation?

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

There are some, not all, but some situations that the font bonus allows for a greater starting advantage by as much as 2 ap (one font, then another that wouldnt have been reachable without that AP gained). It allows this during a very crucial part of the game. It's a shame that this part of the game is crucial. I mean, srsly, why should the first three deploys and their subsequent first three moves be able to decide a game?

The truth is, that extra twelve nora (lol @ FS) is just so powerful.

If you are able to use psuedo-higher speed champions at lower speed champion costs it further compounds the effective nora gap.

And in any situation that allows a foward deploy where the opponent has no realistic chance to contest, the game is often won.

Is this the only bad early game scenario in the game? No.

Would IS require some units in each theme to get a speed bump? Yeah.

The same goes with ST but likely less needed speed bumps.

As for KF, the same problem is there but the champions are much less durable, on average, than they are in IS and ST.

I think it would be a good idea to change the KF Fac bonus as well because its just impossible to balance a champion around getting a free +1 speed.

Need evidence? Note DOGs stance on removing all the speed upgrades from the game.

Need more evidence? Note the drastic lack of appeal at using KF champs in splits.

If that were to happen they'd need the greatest speed increase, namely pulling most of their champions out of 5 speed and a few bumped to 7.

The main problem with the KF bonus is that 8 speed outside of berzerker or buffs should simply not exist. Our maps cannot handle 8 speed in the early game. They are not big enough and the grid size isn't wide enough to allow for them to be uniquely updated to accommodate this amount of early AP.

They can't handle 7 speed + 1 AP from IS and ST, they can't handle 8 speed from a third of KF.

17. GabrielQ

Jazzman had an idea for a replacement bonus, not allowing relics to be deployed on IS fonts, that was a pretty interesting idea.
    You can add increasing the cost of opponent's spells by 10%/5% for bonus as dresnar said and you would have an interesting combination of bonus and font bonus.

Without the font bonus, lot of the 5 speed champions in IS will stop being viable though.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This is relevant because every other faction has to just deal with it?

19. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

As opposed the the 5 speed champs in every other faction?

Except KF, screw them.

edit : goddamnit burn

Sirius and BurnPyro like this.
  20. Zahmet

Zahmet The King of Potatoes

It's 1 damage.