IS font bonus and arctic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Jul 13, 2014.

1. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

IS was given more 5 speed champions than other factions because of the bonus.

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

even better

3. Zahmet

Zahmet The King of Potatoes

How is 1 damage better than 2?

4. KingJad

your not understanding this sarcasm thing are you?

5. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Don't want to sound facetious here (mainly because I'm too lazy to look it up) but, citation needed?

6. GabrielQ

I'm not sure about the truth of that statement, even less after the revamp, but from the IS themes, dwarves and constructs have plenty of 5 speeders (without added pseudo speed ofc), and then you have some other random units like in every faction.
    I can't think of any other theme or faction with such a concentration of real 5 speeders (well, tortuns maybe, but I don't think they'll stay that way, and they have access to FF KF bonus anyway) and one thing is having one or two 5 speeders and other thing is having as many like those two themes.

7. KingJad

i thought dwarves and constructs had lower speed because of the tons of defense and it fit flavorwise

8. GabrielQ

Sure, I'm not saying they are weak for it, but you cannot have a theme full of 5 speed champions even if they are OP.

9. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

No, that would be terrible. But you could make the font bonus worse and the faction bonus better.

GabrielQ likes this.
  10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Arctic is a legacy problem was the original SoE revamp that changed how SPD worked...

It used to be that Arctic gave +1 SPD which was equivalent to +0.5 SPD now on Snow/Ice.

I think that Arctic having that clause isn't an issue (and it could potentially cost more). This only becomes an issue people care to discuss in relation to the ST shrine being surrounded by Snow and how it interacts with maps.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Oh really, because that bonus has only been alive for half of pox's existence.

IS has 19 champs with 5 speed or less
    SP has 24 champs with 5 speed or less

It's time to sit the Firk down and stop talking out of your ass

@Jib you're welcome

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  12. GabrielQ

Burn, don't be silly, I meant champions with 5 speed or less and not pseudo speed, you know, when 5 speed really matters, also, if some moga that cost 25 nora is 5 speed or less who the hell cares, you are double deploying anyway.
    Where did you get that? poxbox?

13. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

5 speed with 4 DEF is good enough in my book, man ...

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

So then we're not counting every champ like nora miners and priest of valdac etc?

Do you want me to look it up again for 5 movement? Because I can and I will prove you wrong again

Also, you should clarify your thoughts some more. You keep saying one thing and then claiming you meant another.

15. GabrielQ

Do I really need to clarify when we are talking about playability? it's obvious that if a champion has 5 speed and accrue it doesn't count, or it is not?

it's still good if all your champions are 5 speed and you cannot reach your fonts? in that case I would prefer 6 speed and 0 def.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

IS has 17 champs with 5 movement or less
    SP has 23 champs with 5 movement or less

You're saying?

I just love how you have this knack for making wild unchecked statements to prove your point because you can't argue with the counterarguments made to your original dumb statements. It's amusing.

Anything else?

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Buff IS

18. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Very nice post Baskit and I'll agree with this.

KF is horrible to split with and we've seen sod progressively get toned down or outright removed.
    Spd+1 was removed form Boost 3 and improve spd I think has been axed as well (except on stitched tyrant for some odd reason?).

It will be better for the game if it goes or is toned down to be replaced with something infinitely more flavorful and beneficial of the game and its development.

Since champs are paying for all their abilities now (although adjustments still needed on some of them) it is the perfect time to establish well designed bonuses.

Baskitkase likes this.
  19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

What's that number not including Moga, @BurnPyro ? Or in Moga alone. The reason it feels like IS has more 5s is that 5 speed is spread out more universally throughout the faction and not confined to a single theme - of which it's obvious why they are that way (speaking of moga).

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing but would you say that another faction deploys/uses more 5 speed champs than IS on average (not including KF pre bonus)?

I doubt it.

But the reason could also be that the IS bonus allows IS to safely include 5s whereas other factions must pass them up to conform to basic deck building rules.

That's restrictive and the fault of 1) higher average speeds and 2) maps demanding 6.5 ave speed to be competitive.

That's why I said earlier that a spattering of speed ups would need to go out to a couple IS themes (dorf and strux).

The other themes, pals, barbs, trolls, wings/beasts and Leoss are actively making use of the bonus when it's not needed at all, exasperating the problem.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Actually moga only make up a few of that number, surprisingly most of them have 6 speed.

It's mostly cyclops and random champs it seems.