5 speed galore

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by cantha, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I am not sure Mobility in place of +1 AP cap is really a nerf. It's not as powerful in some instances, but Mobility itself is no slouch, particularly for ranged champions.

Tweek516, narvoxx and Makorov like this.
  2. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

I don't think permanent faction wide mobility would be the way to go. I totally understand your reasoning, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of it or that the community (as a whole) will be accepting of it for very long.

3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Mobility is super strong. I think you are overrating it. It would definitely be better than an extra AP storage.

4. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

There is no difference if the champ is defending a font zone.

The only difference starts on the 3rd turn after you've stopped being in a font.

Contesting a font you have champs with 1 less max AP, but that can disengage easily. Stronger on ranged, but honestly the list of KF champs that can't currently disengage and still attack is pretty short. not a single ranged champ can disengage and still attack twice without AP from somewhere else. Lets be honest, not a lot of people are using Fulcrum...which enables exactly this.

If people think the font bonus is stronger than having an AP advantage for a power turn then someone remind me why KF is OP again?

Now if we want to look at mobility in SPLITS it is probably stronger than in FF. But that is because other factions have ranged units that hit for 18+ with no effort.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

You make it seem like KF does not have the same ability to do that.

6. kagebunshn

Yes, KF has a few runes that all require signifigant hoops.

Deadly tracker- logistics. Archers are actually decent now which makes this guy very strong...but not with deep wounds.

Lexicon plus another equip on a couple of viable faeries..30+25 to 45 nora, and even then it probably also requires 45 more nora for Fanfaire, and a commander/regal presence/battlemaster bonus, magic amp units, etc.

Sacrificing many trees, which is now a CD 2. Have you been watching Devotees? Pretty much crutches entirely on wood elemental to contest for a long time till you can slowly ramp up devotees.

The hardest hitting unit in KF is AA. More people should play it. Its good.

7. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

the only ranged units I can think of that hit for 18~+ are grimlic and salaman hunter, what are other examples?

8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

You are definitely greatly underestimating the value of mobility. Mobility on all champs is incredibly strong.

9. kagebunshn

I don't know about that. I dont think i undervalue it. I just think it should be more of an actual feature of the faction, instead of something that just happens sometimes then falls off once a fight starts.

Kf units already get mobility now, for 3 turns. They have several units with domain:vegetation, and slipstream fulcrum.

None of those things is very prominent. Possibly excepting woodchuck which self enables himself and is generally efficient already. Point being it isn't particularly powerful.

Maybe overall it's not enough of a nerf to merit consideration. But I have seen an awful lot of threads and talk about KFs 'reach' because of the extra AP.