Abilities that need tweaking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Legato, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

I'm seeing this placed on champions more and more, which is great and promoting diversity but to actually serve as a deterrent it should grant +1 speed for 2 turns, per tick, rather than the +1 ap, which often accomplishes nothing due to ap caps. Alternatively a 2 turn ap cap increase would work just as well. The point is as it is right now it's mostly a sandbag people opt out of if they can. The only time I even think twice about it when I'm against a unit that has it and I have rebuke champions.

tl;dr Pace should be redesigned to either grant +1 speed per tick instead or temporarily increase the ap cap per hit. As it is, it's only viable on NKD(Pending rework) and Readiness(a Combo weaker than calcify) units and even those synergies are tenuous at best.

Spellswallower - Could reasonably stand being triggered from all spells (if the defense becomes an issue it could later be moved to every fourth trigger).

Guarded: Voil - This is just a naming convention issue, every other Guarded: X ability does the same as the others for the respective race, excepting this one.

Hunter: Giant - Not Ignoring Colossal destroys much of the purpose of the ability (Maybe add onto Colossal that it precludes units with Hunter: Giant -- either way).

Cast: Alacrity - Animation time needs serious work.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    Thbigchief likes this.
  2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

So you faced a Lonx Snowguard? lol that units is shlt...

PD: Train NKD is bullshlt, it will be reworked.

3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

+1 speed and +1 ap per tick would actually resolve the main issue of it not accomplishing anything if you are playing right

4. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Just a minor thing, but changing it to +1 spd also bypasses Rebuke altogether.

5. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- To be honest it prolly just needs to be buffed to an AoE. If an enemy attacks a friendly champion within X spaces this champ gains +1 AP, if this champion's ap is full it is transferred to the next closest ally who is not.

6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

not really most times you are getting hit to the point of getting excessive ap you are dead.

this ability is to deter the minor pecking that can occur, and +1 speed is not goign to deter much but +1 speed and +1 ap might be enough to accomplish it, the +1ap actually is only minor, if they are storing 4ap nothing really changes, it's only relevant in scenarios where they have sub 4 ap.

7. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

bodyguard should be a straight transfer and not apply resistances/defense/collossal

8. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

This. Good Lord.

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Cast Alacrity is balanced. Really, it is.