Adaptive

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Tweek516, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Seems really strong right now, this is what I'm running (kinda just threw it together)
    upload_2015-11-21_18-58-59.png

2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

10 nora clairvoyances. Run them.
    Bliss reduces cooldowns. You have lots of magic for acolyte anyway.
    Sprite = favor = Everything being cheaper. Special mentions to 5 nora clairvoyances, and combined efforts that pay for themselves entirely, meaning that with 0ap on everyone you get dmg for free.
    Personally, memento, really helps to make 70hp guys much more tanky than 10 more hp would, but your call on that one.

Unfortunately, bullseye only affects half of the adaptive guys. :(

3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Ditto on Clairvoyance. Quasi-global +1 DMG for 5 nora (assuming Favor is in play) is a steal.

4. Tweek516

Hm not sold, I was running it but actually dropped it in favour of petrichor. I'll give it a second go though.

Bullseye is crazy good with oracles once they get rolling, can be hitting 50s. May swap it out though.

Don't run sprite because seems very mediocre, the new dream fae gives everything favour anyways.

I'll have a look at momento and bliss though, thanks:)

5. Xirone

I agree Fae Dreamer is a better source of Favor than Sprite. You can usually have multiple champions in play with Shielded, Council: Spells, Favor, and Spellswallower. Additionally, Spellswallower may help some champions gain a few +DMG buffs (not likely many, though, in 6 turns). Sprite can do some nice things but is a little too high in cost for how squishy it is.

6. Elves Rule

Ooooh dreamstate gives favor. Yeh definitely a better choice then. As much as I love sprite, it sucks right now.
    IMO you definitely need a clairvoyance, if you don't like 5 nora for dmg, then at least use it as a "Bane Shift I really need to carni this guy but not revealed"
    I would say clairvoyance > memento, if you were thinking of taking out something for 1 of the 2.

7. Tweek516

Added clarivoyance back in, working out well

8. Xirone

The odd thing about KF Adaptive decks is that you have to slowly build up to get the damage you need to kill things. Overall, it is easier to just play IS or UD.

9. Tweek516

Yeah but its incredibly easy to stall out the game a bit and end up with 33 dmg 9 speed fae oracles (shout out to eriluuns favour, man its good).

Starts out weak but has real snowball potential.

Think I need some more tanks to stall the game though, not sure what to run. May use a few treefolk.

10. Elves Rule

Yeh, I once transed with no fonts and only a doomie and an ancestor out, and then won. At no point did I get a font back.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I played against one, and if you can get Dreamstate out early or start snowballing range units it gets pretty tough to handle.

12. Tweek516

Think that may have been me, it really is so easy to snowball

13. zorbot

zorbot The King of Potatoes

Grimlic's bane is definitely worth running now that is 35 nora for 15 spot magic damage. Although, the secondary clause about it damaging champions with the same name does not work.

As an aside, you may want to consider dropping things like fiorn and menalaus. If you run an adaptive deck, you need nora for spells. Thus, it is often in your best interest to simply run as much cheap efficient meat as you can to get your adaptive engine rolling.

14. Elves Rule

It does work. You sure they had the same name?

15. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

@zorbot What would you consider cheap efficient meat. Everthing in KF feels expensive, or inefficient outside of a theme. I am not saying there are no efficient runes, simply that they are not usually all that cheap. Most of the cheap units in KF like Falconer got nerfed over the past patches, heck even faries got nerfed and they have horrible nora/cost ratios.

16. Elves Rule

I would have said Bane Shift like woodchuck and corgi knight. But KF isn't really a faction renowned for its unit's raw power, there's no way we can match up to something like SL units in a 1v1.

17. zorbot

zorbot The King of Potatoes

You dudes nailed it. There aren't a whole lot of "meta" efficient runes in KF. The corgis are pretty sturdy for their cost and can at least contest a font for a few turns before they die. Diplomat is pretty sweet now and has the ability to stall pretty well. Blademaster is 56 nora in his cheapest build and he's pretty decent (in kf standards) for his cost. I run illusionist now because of the ability of IoL to stall my opponent. I could post my adaptive bg but its not very good either. The meta is just not conducive to adaptive/kf right now. At least from what I have seen.

18. Tweek516

Been playing with it a bit more and made tthese changes:

Took out
    1x Fiorn
    1x Investogator
    1x Artisan
    1x Blinding flash
    1x Bullseye (kinda miss it though)
    1x Rage of the Circle
    1x Balancing act

Added in
    1x Clairvoyance
    1x Aurora Inspector
    1x Illusionist (the illusions he summons can be a target of dreamstate, meaning you can effectively lock your opponent out of using spells for a few rounds - this doesn't affect illusion of lies though)
    1x Woodchuck
    1x Elven Blademaster
    1x Bliss
    1x Grimlics Band

Probably going to drop the enforcer for a catharsis bloom, need some consistent healing.

19. Tweek516

To specify: when I say it locks your opponent out of spells, I just mean any spells he casts will grant you like 20n