Advice on my SL BG

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Authyrtyr, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c6@CaLCaZCaKCaJCf1CwbCdQCjHS8os7iS7Ps84s2-rPr2+r19e1Fe3we1O

I tried to build a sand terrain focused bg, I was wondering if you could think of any good changes to the non-Champion line up that might be beneficial. I was having alot of trouble finding slots for runes that I'd like to run like Purge and Ferocity of Kain Taris. Also was wondering if there's any really good sand supporting champs that I totally spaced on. I passed on Dune Walker (although I'm kind of on the fence about him) as well as the Dustdevil (bc of Nora cost).

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Dune walkers are absolutely amazing, believe me, the mobility they bring is unmatched, and is absolutely critical for your bg aswell, if not, how were you planning to move those vinecreepers next to your enemy?
    Your bg seems to be too loaded on the melee side, I would try to add 2 additional ranged units, one could be valdac, and other I don't know, it could be a renovator if you have the SL one.
    And in your support section you don't have any powerturn spell? you have to include at least 1 quickening, 2 quickeng and 1 transfusion, and you could double on mantle.
    You'll win through range superiority with mantled/rb'ed sandsnipes and imperators, and with quick beater-in-your-face moves supported by dunewalker and transfusion mostly, I would recommend serpentor paradigms for this instead of vinecreepers or masters though.
    There is also a whole world of sand spray champions that you can use.

3. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I'd drop the 2 Myx Drones for Dunewalkers without even thinking about it. They cna teleport everything everywhere.

Drop a Drone Signal or Dragonfear for Purge. Pupae and Generator can go. I'd replace that with Hive and a 2nd Mantle. Not a huge fan of Peridot but I get why it's there.

Also Thaw is hella good in there but I'm the only one in that camp. Use Sandstorm if you want to be "normal".

GabrielQ likes this.
  4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Where is everyone getting those clasy avatars Dx

5. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Kampel likes this.
  6. Authyrtyr

Definitely like some of these points. Of particular concern to me is indeed the fundamental lack of good ranged units. Sandsnipe is fantastic (although I miss the days when he had Hidden: Sand), and Valdac may be a good option. Any other ideas on this topic?

7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

The skeezick mages, wylder and warmage, are decent ranged units, and they both have blast, it may be interesting to mantle one and tunnel him inside a formation to unleash the blast.

8. Authyrtyr

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c6@C7ZCaLcaKCaJCf1Cwbc9iCdQcjHcqiS8oS7Ps84s2-s73sYrPr2qe1Fe3we1O
    Updated list, thanks for all the suggestions. Don't have a second mantle yet unfortunately. PB doesn't have any and I'm fresh out of shards. But other than that I feel much better about this list, it seems a lot better 'rounded' a good deal more flexible anyways. Still want to run ferocity of kain taris but no slots to pull from really, just not as good as it needs to be sometimes. Although I do enjoy dropping it on a Broodlord to frustrate the enemy and then full healing the Broodlord next turn with a Drone Signal.