after nerf amp frost ?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by undred, Jul 4, 2014.

1. goldmonkee

goldmonkee I need me some PIE!

Maybe Flight & Arctic changed when I wasn't playing, but Arctic Flight = +Resist: Frost (1), while regular Flight = +2 Spell Presence? I'd take the spell presence for sure...useful almost every game, while Frost Resist seems almost useless with most ST mirrors agreeing to a draw.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

with this particular champions having ice eater, all of the additions to flight that arctic flight brings are useless, so I prefer the 2 nora cheaper and with sentry regular flight.

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I know, but I believe it's a matter of design.

Although I checked and Wizened Wren has Arctic and Flight... And Tundra Whisper has it on upgrades (and doesn't even has Arctic).

4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

This is an outrage

5. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

If that was their intention then they failed it. Arctic Flight still gives units Ready over ice/snow. It just doesn't say it in the text anymore.

6. KingJad

thats a bug then you should report it

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Just be glad that whoever came with that nerf patch is too stupid to realise what makes the theme a little above the power curve - even now.
    It's still good.

8. undred

undred Devotee of the Blood Owl

i would love to see a buff to jakei shaman ( only played her when i started playing the game , 6years ago if i am not mistaken), i would also like to see some love to jakei mindstriker , becuase of her personality :p , and she could help ST/FS players .

PurpleTop and Goyo like this.
  9. goldmonkee

Any tips? I've been getting rolled since the nerfs :(

10. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well you can PM me with the stuff you think is problematic and I can try to help.

11. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

The theme is hurt atm. Biggest blow I would say is the loss of amp on the icewisps, but their overall efficiency did in fact need a fix. Yeti spirits are an auto now, but I feel that even with a shard it still isn't enough. I'm currently running a lonx adept too, because he is relatively cheap and offers alt damage, but that still isn't enough. I would for sure like to see the shamans have a cost decrease.... maybe put htem at -6 overall nora? I'd run them then, and they are an interesting addition if you can find space. I also agree that a -5 or -10 nora decrease should be added to the Shard.... at it's current level 40 is hard to find time to drop.

Something that I would however love to see is a buff to the Ice Dragon; this guy wayyyy back when was an efficient powerhouse (and i'm talking like 6 years ago), but he has never seen play since then. His current price is competitive, but there are still better options for what he does. I think he could use a slight cost reduction, or I also think he is an excellent candidate for Frost Amp. Put that on him and maybe raise his cost by 2 or 3 and I would run one if not two. He would be a good option for a Colossal counter then.

Arcadon is a good candidate for this position as well, but I feel like Frost Cone is an ability that should really be emphasized in Frost Amp BG's, and the way it currently is I don't see very many runnable champs that have that ability. In fact, for this very reason, I am running Yetihide Cape. So yeah, in short, I would like to see frost amp added to the Ice dragon, with a cost adjustment of course.

Goyo likes this.
  12. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

I am going fairly good with amp still, currently i love Snare Fairy with Chill 5 and snow blast

Goyo likes this.
  13. KingJad

I always considered chill 5 a waste of nora and felt chill 3 was much more efficient to choose

14. PurpleTop

is anyone running any amp champs besides 2x yeti spirits? I currently have one adept and one arcadon, but i would love for better available options for the Adept. Arcadon is nice for colossal champs

EDIT: And are people still using 2x icewisps?

15. goldmonkee

Yeti Curate seems pretty good. Heal 3, Snowblast and the psuedo-detection from Abominable.

16. PurpleTop

Ahh yeah I like that. I could probably actually find room for a couple of those in my deck. Thanks! do you still use two icewisps?

17. goldmonkee

I dropped the Spirits for Curates and Icewisps for Arcadon & Shard. But as said above, haven't been having much luck with Frost so o_O