Air Drop rework

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by only, Mar 22, 2014.

1. only

only Active Member

I think that signature ability of Commando Airdrop isn't exactly working as it was intented designwise. it might be even considered toxic in some way. it's very frustrating and too game deciding. I will propose suggestion how to completely rework it with idea to mainstream relics and their interactions.

Air Drop - Target relic within 7 spaces is destroyed and this champion is relocated to that space. CD2, Ap4.

so AP-travellingwise it would be on par with Teleport (3), but you couldn't use this ability for early font captures and rushing (while it still would maintain its aggressive aspect). so in exchange of rush power, you can more utility. another important detail would be to move to a direction of specific roles/tricks to define champions. not like the current version of Air Drop doesn't do that!, but I somehow feel it lack interaction on the board even if it should feel totally opposite.

this is an idea just for the ability, it doesn't mean the champion would need further tweaks.

0ryuk0 likes this.
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Don't you think that given the limitation of needing a relic to relocate the ability could afford a bigger range?

3. only

only Active Member

I definetely not. I think range restriction should be clear and 7 is hella big one. I do understand that this version of ability might be not so strong, but I don't think it should become one. at least, not for price of range.

in other words, if this ability needs be stronger, it's fine, but increasing its range is not a solution in my eyes. I don't have problems for some ability to be not so strong since champion consists of multiple abilities.

the suggested version of Air Drop was compared with Teleport (3) so it would seem reasonable distancewise. no intention to compare them powerwise.

I guess something could happen when you trigger it. becoming Stealthed? gaining some stats?

decreasing CD to 1 from 2 is an option I suppose. and well, increasing range might sound not so bad if it was like 8 range, but I doubt this is what you meant.

4. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

There are more interesting things that can be done with this ability. I'm not sure that a range decrease is in order at all. It's range is 3 more than the highest rank of Teleport and it has a condition necessary to activate the ability.

Why not reverse the condition? Why not have it only be usable on a space in an unowned font, instead of an owned one?
    Alternatively, or in addition, why not give some sort of temporary stat reduction (Speed?) after having used the ability? I could even see it stunned for 2 turns, after the drop.

P.S. FS is the last faction that needs another source of relic destruction...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  5. only

only Active Member

it would be even worse version based on draw-winning.

6. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Hmm... True. Could start on CD though, and have a longer CD or be removed on use.

I think it would be a lot healthier if it was used to support whatever other unit one has contest one's opponent's font.

I'm really taking a liking to the idea of stunning the unit for 2 tuns (why is stunning not broken on damage, but paralyze is? Reverse this...) after it drops.

Air Drop
    *CD increased to 5 from 4
    *Changed to start on CD
    *Unit is stunned for 1-2 turns after using Air Drop
    *Range increased to 12 from 10
    *Stun condition changed to be removed upon taking damage, Paralyze changed to not be removed upon taking damage
    *Target clause changed to uncontrolled font zone, instead of controlled
    *AP cost lowered to 3-4 from 5 (or could be changed to have a cost of zero, but use up all remaining AP)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  7. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

I just wanna say.. Air Drop should be nerfed. That's all.