amount of players?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tehnicianu, Mar 3, 2014.

1. tehnicianu

tehnicianu New Member

Hello all here on the new forums....

Now that we are on the edge of a new beginning I am most curious if there are any specific plans to increase the number of players. Any targets aimed? With a maximum of 130 active players I am worried whether this amount can sustain the game. What would be a minimum amount needed and expected? Are there realistic hopes to increase this number??

For certainly I hope for a much larger player base....

Thx for the new hopes
    Tehnicianu

2. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Responses from devs seem to indicate that they're looking at implementing a beta stage for the changes with us for a few weeks and then they want to start investing some advertisement.

3. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I'm sure they are aiming to grow the population, it would be weird for them to take over, invest the time and money to make the changes, then completely drop it. In terms of sustaining the game, that's a good question in terms of the ideal number. Historically, we've had a stable population of 300-600, at our peak it was about 1000 if I recall correctly.

It's also up to us to get the advertisements out there, to invite others to join (I'm sure an incentive thing could be added, though that would be a bonus) to share this game. With that said, I feel this at the moment has more of a niche appeal than broad appeal, but that doesn't mean this can't be a successful game.

4. Donegals

Donegals Well-Known Member

In the good old days, there were regularly 100s of people on everyday. Whether we can get back to that or not is another matter!

5. KTCAOP

Much better than the 50-100 people I saw earlier =P.

6. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

I am guessing there is a slight dip from the recent norm considering factors like you currently cannot trade.

7. KTCAOP

Also due to there being relatively no information/stagnating for a long period of time.

Now that I think about it, I only knew about the change from the Facebook and forums. I wonder if it would be possible for SOE to send an email to all of the PoxNora account users about the new transition? Or did I miss it and now know about it >_<

8. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

They've sent out a couple, just got one in the last hour with details of how to transition account for example.

9. KTCAOP

D=. Why my email no show me T_T.

Either Pox or Yahoo must hate me! /despair >_<

That's good to hear though =). I'm glad that at least the information is being sent out, hopefully that can allow us to gain back some of the olds =P. I'm seeing more and more familiar faces at least =).

10. Sysion

Sysion New Member

This question lead me to asking another question, such as, why would some of the core originators of the game split of into making another game that caters to the same small audience. This game caters to a niche audience and making more games similar to this will only divide and make smaller base players for this game.