AP denial draks

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by fattyy2k, Nov 9, 2015.

1. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Interesting. I forgot that existed. Might need some playtesting

2. fattyy2k

I managed to grab centurion and high priest so I added them in place of doom drak and battle fatigue. I just never used battle fatigue. I might find a spot for it but not right now

What upgrades do people run on he flagellum?

3. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I run Punish and Tormented on mine. Ive been tempted to try Terrorize a few times now though, Punish just works so well with Terminus.

4. fattyy2k

Yeah I definitely wanna keep punish. I kinda wanna put drive on the u2 but it's a big cost increase.

5. Anima26

Maybe if he dropped Ready 1 which would be a -4 nora discount, it would allow people to take other upgrades on U2 line. 84 nora is a high price to pay, but then again, Drive is very strong and even more so on a dude with Terminus.

6. fattyy2k

Yeah I have enjoyed the rebuke/drive then punish

7. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!

This is the bg i'm trying out: just one flagellum cause of lack of money lol. It's so funny to play with, and is not that bad i suppose, but i'd like to have a piece of advice :) i was thinking on putting in slum market for strike, but i can't find a spot for it. Also ravenspeaker could be arguably a good include, or reforge too.

Attached Files:

fattyy2k likes this.
  8. Anima26

You could try replacing Burning Sands with that new spell Vex Cor Pram? If you do, let me know how the spell is, i havent tried it yet.
    Id try and work 1 Ravenspeaker in personally, good answer to summons. He can provide Cleanse too.

9. fattyy2k

I added Raven speaker for those reasons. Wish his attack was magic though...

10. Anima26

Yeh i thought same when he was released but its not a problem for me personally, i run 2 High Priests and 2 Consulates so i got plenty of Magic.

11. fattyy2k

Thinking about tanking out hunter for akakios. I wanna try his rework :p

12. fattyy2k

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I'm actually running something errily similar.
    [​IMG]
    As a note: I've been thinking about taking out Burning Sands for a Antimagic Field/Metamagic Backlash

14. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

If you're running ap denial skywing eminents have cull. Granted they aren't draks, but synergize with the theme and 5 range.

15. fattyy2k

Interesting build. What's the logic with using explorer vs persuer? I like the sundered exploit and leap.
    Why run constrictor? I love her and want to use her but she feels counter intuitive to the deck strategy. How is the fabricator working for you in this deck?
    What's been your experience with vex core pram?
    Tornado? I haven't seen anyone use it in ages. Why do you? Is it just preference? How effective has battle fatigue been with you? Can you explain why 70-80% of players use DB over Quickening (like your deck)?

I thought about them, but I opted to go Draksar strategy infused with ap denial vs full ap denial. Seems to flow better. Indignation gives me enough cull. I like to throw it on akakios or Draksar lord making them a true threat.

16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Accure makes him an 8qp first draw.. An I have a tendency to draw him early. In the even I don't draw him early, accrue lets him get were I need him faster. Overall tho, just more of a different preference really.
    Love her too, my guilty pleasure run in this bg. She's also a beast if you can get her to constrict a ranged champ.
    Been using him for spot ranged, and Stall support. Used to for Anti-Equip as well, but I'm currently running one with Drive, the other with Gattling Gun just to see what I like. He works really well considering I'm running most things pretty cheap. So units like Constrictor, Explorer, Flashblades, and Hunchback can get some extended range.
    Pretty positive. Easy enough to get the full potential damage, and it's been solving my annoying Crusader problem that I seem to be having recently.
    Little of both tbh. Nostalgia has me on this one. Kinda similar to Constrictor in that regard. The fact that most relics are 20hp now a days doesn't hurt tho.
    Gotta be honest. Firked myself a couple times with it. An nearly firked myself many more. All in all, once you learn to use it right. I can see this having pretty massive potential. I'm still learning to use it tho. XD Probably sees play every other game or so, just depending on who I'm fighting.
    Because Draconic Benediction is Quickening in a sense. Think of it like this. Most champs have 6 spd. DB gives +3 DMG +2 Spd, +1 Def, and +2 Ap. The extra 2 speed ensures that all champs will gain the +2ap benefit as it increases Spd which inturn inceases the AP cap. Now at the start of your turn, your units should have 6 ap. +2 ap makes it 8. That means all of your units should already be able to attack twice. Meaning that +3dmg is +6 total damage on your targets.

The way I look at it is like this. DB when your already in the fight. Quickening when at least half your units are not in the fight. Ideally I like to run 1 of both. Kinda ran out of room.

That pick is old, now that I realize it. I've since traded out Burning Sands for a Metamagic Backlash, and the Marshal for D. Lord. Was only really running the Marshall for Shrive.

How's Taint been working for you?

17. fattyy2k

I only really use it on akakios but it is awesome that way. The biggest part is making him a Draksar. My fav combo is taint onto akakios then equip with indignation. Hit something once with punish and akakios will clean up. People decide to kill him and he get guarded to go off and maybe roar of the fallen. It can also be used on Valdac if you want to boost his offense.

I also wanted to run marshal but couldn't fit him in.
    I do see DB being more versatile.
    I might try to fit in the vex core. Don't know yet.
    I also haven't learned how to best use Battle fatigue yet and everytime I have used it it has been meh or it hurt me.

I kinda want to fit in backlash, but haven't decided if I wanna remove something for it

18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Also, Punish/Blind
    Just can't justify the 74 nora Logistics build. It assumes you get him early an the match plays in a way that allows you to deploy consecutively. Blind, Punish, and Ponderous Blows brings too much utility for the trade off imho. Alternatively, run 1 of each, and pray you get the Logistics champ early. Tho, I still wouldn't recommend it.

19. fattyy2k

Yeah, I still haven't made up my mind. The range six is just so powerful and it has proven awesome particularly with rage band. But the blind is fantastic as well. I am still testing logistics

20. CodyW

CodyW Well-Known Member

i feel if you are running battle fatigue, you should run quicken/quickening before draconic benediction. I understand DB gives a bit more damage, but quicken and quickening lets you still double tap even if you lose all your ap. Also another must i feel is slum market. Opportunistic Assault + close ranged punish is so op.. go up to a ranged unit with it, he cant move, or any unit for that matter.

IMAGIRL, fattyy2k and Anima26 like this.