Aquatic deck help?

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Paper Skull, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Can we talk for a second about just how cheap aquatic units are?

I threw together a super cheap aquatic deck and I keep having way too much nora.

Razorfin Slider is a 18 damage 9 speed, 38 hp for 35 nora. Swamp octopus is Multiattack 3 with poison 1 and 54 hp for 50 nora. And have you even seen Wavecrasher? 135 BASE hp. ( I know I know, short lived 1, but still the combo potential.)

Anyways, I don't really play FS. Is there a good (or just playable) aquatic deck?

Seriously someone needs to cast Repurpose on Wavecrasher. Seems kind of good.

2. only

only Active Member

if you honestly think such a champion as Wavecrusher wouldn't have been (if possible) already exploited by spells like Repurpose, you need to think again. and again!

I'm bigger fan of aquatics than mirefolk. however, I do not seperate them as aquatic vs semi-aquatic as many players tend to do... I mean both require water. I know that bound difference is very huge, but it's not like you use completely different runes there.

just look at Mirevixen. COME ON! and I like to play them with Tortun Favored instead of Tide Master. he babysits like a baws. Elder Murkwurm is another great addition to your arsenal. and Pool of Dreams ofcourse. the more you deploy, the better. I have posted my aquatic deck several times on forums and I used to play the same deck for a while.

I simply can't stand using those Pirahnids. it so low...

3. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I dunno, I'm going to try repurposing a Wavecrusher onto a Death Lily. Crap he has Pariah.

4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

You could always try Blood Exchange, but IIRC that doesn't modify max HP, so it would just function as a large heal and a way to make the Wavecrusher much more vulnerable.

Anywho, the main thing you get out of your extra nora is the ability to play "moar runes." Often enough, that will include water generation to help fascilitate movement (both directly, and potentially through the Slipwater spell or Dive abilities), but that isn't always the case. You might instead play some extra champions, or powerful spells/relics to get that final damage out for the kill, etc.

If you have too little nora for another champion, and don't have the opportunity to kill things, you have two options: save that Nora (and runes) for later when it will be more impactful, or use it to spread water around/buff your champions to set up for a power turn or what have you.