ArcheAge

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Feb 19, 2015.

1. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/

Anyone given this game a go? (has a thread already been created?)

Downloading it right now, but I have an exam in a few hours so I won't be playing until after that. Seems really interesting; I'm not big into MMO's but for some reason seeing the commercial for this on YouTube grabbed my attention. The class building seems really enjoyable, and the game seems to be all about building your own life, which is something I enjoy in RPG style games. The idea of raising your mount from young is rather unique. I wanted to give it a go for a bit for free before I decide to buy a starter pack or some sort of subscription.

I've never lasted more than a few weeks on one MMO so we'll see if it lasts. Lemme know if any of you cats play, maybe we can secure a trade route together :3

--PT

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

But Skyrim?

3. PurpleTop

Well yeah, skyrim > all but I wanted to try something new.

In other news since my hard drive killed itself I have to start all over in skyrim. :/

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

RIP 100s of hours of gameplay.

The first 10 hours are pretty much all the same in skyrim, I've found. I mean, the whole tutorial + get to whiterun and whatnot.
    Then again, DLC's.

5. PurpleTop

Dude I told you you need to get the "alternate start; live another life" mod for that very reason. that'll be the first one I download when I take the time to start again.

Also yeah lost 100's hours of gameplay, and 3 files, but my main one has a back up saved (albeit probably 20 to 30 saves down from where I progressed to, but better than nothing)

6. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hate all you want WoW is my game!

Than again I only play WoW arena on private servers.

On topic: it looks like an interesting game, I might give it a go when I'm back in Belgium.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Firking dlcs

8. HiveLord

HiveLord I need me some PIE!

I played it for a little bit.
    Wasn't impressed.
    Same gameplay mechanics as WoW, blander classes, and overall less polished.

The three MMOs I'm playing now are all pretty much on opposite ends of the spectrum from each other. So I have a pretty broad palette.

Wakfu - Final Fantasy Tactics style combat, lots of unique class mechanics
    Guild Wars 2 - Super Polished, but virtually stagnant, has some interesting class mechanics
    H1Z1 - Zombie Survival, early access, FPS where players are the real enemy

9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

fight club WoW?

10. Poxbrothers

I guess you could see it like that, heh.

I never liked the PVE part of WoW that much, it is fun the first time you do it, but a lot of it feels repetitive and not challenging enough (anymore) in my opinion.

The thing I love about WoW is the huuuuge amount of USABLE abilities (screw MOP and WOD for this) in PVP and the balance in Arena (in a way it is way more balanced than most other games).
    I have yet to find another MMORPG in which I have 40 abilities bound and I use all of them (to some extend) in PVP.

By the way if anyone else here is good at WoW Arena feel free to hit me up on Molten WoW private server (Warsong) underneath the name Kthar (Spriest).
    It is Cataclysm at the moment.
    I will be playing again in 2 months.

Or if someone really wants to do serious stuff Arena Tournament is always an option!

Cheers,

Josh753

11. HiveLord

Wow began it's Death Spiral for me when they started removing "Fun Abilities" because they didn't fit in the Combat Rotation system.

Things like Eyes of the Beast for Hunters (let you control your pet and run around as them)
    Things like the Death Knight's ability to Auto-Resurrect as a Ghoul when they died.

If anything, I always felt like they needed to add MORE non-rotation abilities just to play with.

Poxbrothers likes this.
  12. PurpleTop

Making my character now. Server: Ollo. Lemme know if you wanna do stuff

13. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Stagnant how? I ask because I intend to play the game, so I'm interested in details.

14. HiveLord

It's a mature game, so it doesn't have as large of a population as it used to, and most of that small population is in endgame areas.
    It has continued releasing updates, new zones and such, but has not had any expansions that added major content like classes or races to make people want to make new characters.

I don't mean to discourage you, as I've recently gotten back into the game with a new character, and it's fun (and probably one of the best looking MMOs out right now), but don't expect to see many people running around. The starting areas are pretty vacant.

15. Poxbrothers

I wish Blizzard would just make WoW II instead of expanding on the current WoW.

I mean, more polished, fancier graphics (in the same style). New fun stuff to do etc. Meanwhile keeping all that's good and does not limit design space from the current WoW.

One can only dream!

EDIT: While we are dreaming, don't make it Warcraft but PoxNora themed, just cuz.
    EDIT 2: If someone has a couple million laying around, I'll find a team!
    EDIT 3: Apparently the two private servers I used to play WoW on merged, woop woop!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015