Arctic and Ice Fall out (dun-dun-duuuuuuuun)

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by OriginalG1, Mar 1, 2014.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

In no other faction do you see so many champs sharing such common synergy as artic. Are there any st champs that do not have Arctic? (outside of leoss) There used be many forums post about all UD champs being demons, that the synergy was just brainless in demon bg. Thus UD demon class broke apart in more categories: anthropods, beasts, demons, goblins, minotaurs. (The big five there are other sup races in UD as well) During this UD break up, many champs that shared races (ex: arthropod/demons, beast/demon) where funneled into one race or the other. The other faction synergy cry that stuck out in my mind was nearly every FW champ had boon of the undead. Boon of the undead's accessibility was adjusted, though not as severely as the UD break up. Humans and creeper will not have boon of the undead. Enough people cry and the problem was at least addressed in the FW and UD cases. (Addressed, not fixed i am sure) Community players cry and cry about ST yet Arctic remains untouched. I would enjoy if Arctic champions got a split that mimic the amphibious/ aquatic relationship to FS. That there are Arctic and True Arctic champs. (True Arctic=aquatic functions in relation to terrain) And the ap generation became split among Arctic champs and True Arctic Champs. Neither Arctic party would have negative effects on snow or ice, how ever Arctic champs wold only gain ap only occupying snow, and True Arctic champions would only gain AP occupying Ice.

The Ice Fall Out. This is not about deep snow, I consider deep snow spells and abilities balanced in-relation to lava fallout abilities and spells as well as impending water abilities and spells. Ice Fall Out's only rival is Dead Magic Zones. Dead magic zones do not give you +1ap a turn while your opponent has -1 speed. My biggest problem with ice is it is becoming vary common tool for ST, as it should be, ice is effective form of ap control. With every full faction ST champion having Arctic though, and Arctic functioning as it dose currently, this ice spamming now rivals the UD demon brainless synergy and needs to be "addressed."

Additionally there is issue with flying champs occupying ice. Opposing champs occupying ice do not suffer -1 speed, however friendly flying champion occupying ice still gain one AP. This instance brings me to question do flying champion really occupy ice or not? In the case of friendly's it dose, but in the case of opposing champs they do not. This issue is less important to me then the Arctic/ True Arctic idea.

2. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

What about just dropping ready from being on ice? Snow is a little harder to produce and it would still keep the theme. I agree that its prolly a good time to address it and it is very one-sided.

1 thing I really hope greens will consider going back to the old snow ability or something close to it. Snow bgs were a real challenge to play and were so much fun, though I know they were the opposite for opponents. There's enough terrain altering now though that I think it'd be balanced.