arctic change

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by undred, Aug 18, 2014.

1. undred

undred Devotee of the Blood Owl

what if arctic worked like aquatic/semi aquatic , and most of our runes simply had ice walker ?

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

arctic is already losing ready. Babysteps my friend no complete overhauls those never work.

Entrepidus likes this.
  3. juril

juril New Member

Arctic replaced by ice walker would be fine in my opinion.

4. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

buff st speed

5. undred

my idea was meant to be a buff to the snow based decks . the same way aquatic does to water decks

6. KingJad

your idea is a buff through nerfing the entire faction.

7. undred

dude arctic will lose ready ... that is prty much the only diference between arctic and icewalker , if we actually chang earctic to be a meaningful ability while giving regular units icewalker could be a possible solution

8. KingJad

re-read arctic.

9. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Calisk intention is to make that part of Arctic redundant, making all our spells affect only the opponent (for conditions).

10. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

that would be ideal, gedden might prefer to just keep arctic as a clone of ice walker rather then rewrite all of the arctic spells, we'll see how it goes though.

11. undred

my idea was to rewrite arctic spells . give our units icewalker ( so we work the same way as FS ) , but some units ,like ice wurm for example , could get arctic which would work like aquatic/semi-aquatic

12. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I would like to keep the aquatic mechanic unique.

Aside that, gaining the aquatic bonus for being on snow doesn't make any sense. Maybe we can thing something for Ice like Penguins Belly Slide.

13. KingJad

I'm not that big on stealing mechanics from other factions. Removing ready from arctic is enough. Pls stop proposing this change you post it in every thread relating to arctic

14. undred

seriously . penguins are not cool -.-
    and my idea is that some units may not be able to live outside of the tundra , i would not give it the same buff but it is the idea that i am talking about.

arctic-"this unit has one rank of (frost aura) and +1 speed while standing in snow , if there is no ice/snow terrain within 3 spaces it takes 3 fire damage"

15. KingJad

spontaneous combustion when not in snow. WTF

Goyo likes this.
  16. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

JAJAJA WTF MAN!!!!!! XD

Pedeguerra likes this.
  17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Haha, yeah this expressed my feelings as well.

18. undred

more like evolution , they adapted to the snow creating ways to retain the heat , meaning that in "normal" temperatures they are too hot .

19. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

So what you're saying is, Frost Amp is really. . . Frostfire Amp?!

Suddenly I agree with every nerf to Frost Amp. . .

20. undred

no , dude polar bears have fur and fat to protect them of the cold temperatures . they are not able of surviving in "normal" climates ,that was what i thought that would be cool in the game