Arthropods/Sand is still bad

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Sealer0, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Not to mention at least myx slasher is begging for a nerf, dunno about krikkin alpha with 2x2s getting less discount.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Shocking.

3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

How are arthropods /sand bad? Deploying 40 hp meat sacks is pretty damn good and on top of that when they come into play they create sand within 10 spaces. Myx sandlion with ambush hits for 12 damage with no wasted ap and causes ensnared at that point its like a free champ kill, not to mention you can use massive leap to push units into ur ambush. Broodlord has 14 damage 7 speed 3 def 62 hp and colossal with one of the best ranges in the game. Not to mention using cocoon and doctors to further more beast up the broodlords.

Then you have sand elemental with 2-4 ranged which is one of the best ranges in the game 58 hp with banner and 13 damage 3 def . Mantid tracker with declare target and being able to go stealthed can set up some crazy power turns with quickening oh and he has elusive. Just noticed also the adamant which i haven't even been using has adaptive sl calcify and vigilance for only 69 nora. Finally you have slasher for a whopping 61 nora can stealthily walk in between ur enemy units to get spur going and then pounce to ruin your opponents day.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Anima26 likes this.
  5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

^ I too had many hearty lulz at this.

6. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Too bad SL has such a terrible rep who won't even bring crazy op stuff like sand ele in line.

Dagda likes this.
  7. super71

I'm sorry please explain to me how 2-4 ranged isn't one of the best ranges in the game? You can still disengage and attack in the same turn and he has enough ranged to be a ranged threat 2-4 and 1-3 are great ranges in today's pox i fail to see what's funny.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  8. super71

I also love how you took ten words and disregarded the whole rest of the post which was very valid put i expect such a thing from the troll well-known members of this wonderful forum. Doesn't it ever get old when the only thing you guys do is troll and complain and yet we wonder still why pox has never progressed lol. More to the ignore i suppose it's funny how the only players on my ignore are well-known players because your opinions for the game are the least helpful, insightful or open minded.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
  9. Sealer0

Did you comehere to discuss anything, or did you come here to rage and tell people how you put them on ignore?

If you want to have a conversation, get your whiney, infantile attitude elsewhere.

I also don't give 2 shits if you will ignore me or not, and trust me, the guys you add to ignore don't either.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
    turtlejam likes this.
  10. Sealer0

First of all, sand elemental doesn't need to disengage, because you will usually want domain sand, so he has mobillity. Yes, it does invalidate one of your points.

Second, 2-4 is pretty bad (more on other units then sand ele, but still) because you can't hit enemy melee without being in danger of them getting in your face, and you will get harrassed badly by most of the enemy range units, to which the only thing you can do against is powerturn them (or use other units). So the middle ground is pretty meh.e

Third, sand ele got shoeboxed last patch, when sand spitter got good range, so mentioning him invalidates a lot of what you are trying to say.

Go ahead and check how many people run sand elemental right now.

Big. Fat. 0.

11. Sealer0

Slasher is a fair point, because guess what, it's the most Firking broken rune in this faction. Funnily enough he is also one of the only units which can output good damage on their own in a myx/sand deck, so he is a 200k pb cash legendary which is 2x autoinclude if you want to compete with paladins/other top tier decks.

Adamant is an excellent unit as well, a little op, but not enough so he warrants nerf cries, since there's plenty of stuff which is way more broken then he is currently.

Free meat is always good, that is also correct, although I find "eggs" to be one of the most balanced summon mechanic in this game.

Everything else you mention is biased, or plain wrong, and I'm in the mood of writing a page of explaining why something you think is op (lol you realy got me with sandlion) isn't, apart from sandlion.

Just because you mentioned sandlion ambush, I can see that you probably haven't even played against myx/sand deck post revamp, or you played vs it once and lost then came here to cry. For the record, sandlion ambush is bugged and triggers only at 1 space away, so if he is used against range 1 beaters he will simply get destroyed, if the enemy deploys detection he is close to worthless, if you use him to attack before ambush, ambush opportunity is wasted. He is the worst unit in myx, and you are trying to sell him as a "free kill generator".

12. stayflyazn

stayflyazn Devotee of the Blood Owl

sand ele just needs to be a good fruit holder again

13. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Why Sand-Fall creates moving dirty UGLY sand?

14. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Because no one has ever bothered to fix it.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

People using super71 as a joke.

How rude.

Dagda likes this.
  16. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

They need to change myx sandsnipe to being how it was.

17. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

What a brilliantly original and thought provoking point. I sure do wish someone would mention that to our rep such that that could get changed right away.

Dagda likes this.
  18. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

It would also be good for SL as a whole giving us an extra ranged option. I am not sure if I would drop my Draksar ravenspeakers for it as I need detect.

19. Sealer0

10/10, would read again.

20. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Well, post revamp Sandsnipe sucks ****, he's flavorful yes and i like that but hes still a huge vendor of fellatio.

Take this with a pinch of salt because im a nooblord y2k but...
    I like Myx and most of their units tbh, they're nice and cheap albeit squishy, thematic and flavorful, fun to play mechanics imo, id just like to see one or two new Myx/Insex that fill the holes, and one of them to have some form of range and BOTH of them to be 1x1s.

Myx Spitter is kinda cool (i run him at lowest nora cost i can get him), but dies when something farts on him, sometimes i think Myx Spitter is confused, he dont know if hes meant to be ranged or melee. The Sand Spitter is so expensive and is another damn 2x2 which annoys me a little bit.

Krikkenwing A is not an option for me and should never be a core ranged unit for Insex or Myx as hes a legendary and a hard to get one too due to being op?

Also more 2x2s. What is with all the insex and bugs being impossibly huge btw, surely there isnt enough oxygen for them to grow so huge and they wouldnt be able to support those huge exoskele...wait a minute im trying to argue logic in Pox, scrap that never mind.

Slasher is same as K wing but atleast hes a 1x1!! Hes amazing but sooo hard to get, took me ages to just get my hands on one of em, still need a second. Why did he lose detection btw and so did Mantid tracker, now i have to go out of theme which kinda sucks. Im just man mode-ing it atm and running no detection because fok going out of theme.

Myx/Insex has too many 2x2s and i think its a slight issue imho. I want to play Sand Scorpion buuut more 2x2, same with Adamant really. Can we perhaps have this addressed somehow, make em 1x1s but rebalance them to compensate somehow.

Nobody running the Rolling Shrieker? I always used to love that dude, im still rolling with 1x cus i love his skillset but are other people not using him anymore?

I also feel that Myx/Insex could do with a 1x1 bug that can tank, some sort of hard shelled bug that has low spd, just a cumbersome, bulky looking thing that basically looks like a rock with legs basically what Adamant SHOULD have been but hes yet ANOTHER 2x2 and his in game model looks like Bane Shift who designed that crap, i have too many in the deck and its very annoying. I keep getting tempted to go out of theme and add 2x of some kind of bulky 1x1 rune like persecutor, skithmaw or res skeez, anything that can tank atleast for 1 turn and isnt 2x2.

What about giving detection to Sandsnipe btw, then hes suddenly very useful again imo. Is that too much?

Im not gonna lie im running 2x Broodlords because hes a rare source of 7 spd and hes one of the coolest runes in the entire game, imo, and he has Collosal which is nice. Hes the only thing that tanks! How do u tank without Broods? I still use the drone signal consume combo also.

Im currently enjoying playing with 2x Wylders, he maybe expensive but in most my games he lives quite a while with hidden sand and with a quicken and some charges he can atk 4 times in one turn and hes obviously good vs ghost and all that shiz. He feels thematic enough with his sand synergy and he just chills with his buddy Arthomancer.

I think ive covered most of the things that were on my mind. Give me some 1x1 arthropods!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    sokotra likes this.