Arthropods/Sand is still bad

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Sealer0, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

btw movn, do u actually play with that insex bg u posted up because its terrible on a lot of maps, far too many 2x2s and its also very slowt resulting in u getting rushed 24/7.

Edit: i cant get any joy with it and im not even limited league tier or anything

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  2. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I do indeed play that bg.

The creep and crawl does help some of the fatties navigate better, but you will feel cramped at times.

As far as getting rushed, mosthe of the insex are cheap, so ideal you'll want to send something to simply get in the way of their rushers and just stall it out until you can start dropping pupae and cocooning things and building up.

It is a slow plodding bg that needs to survive early to get to where it shines.

3. Anima26

Thanks for the reply man, SL forums are abit of a ghost town atm. Im not having any joy with it but i refuse to give up on my bugs.
    I didnt consider Climb from c&c so theres that, hmm i guess i just gotta try and figure it out some more.

4. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Admittedly I haven't taken the spitters out since they got "buffed" but I should because they are awful and I can count the number of times I've deployed them on one hand.

5. Anima26

You mean sand spitters? What was the "buff" that youre referring to?

6. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

They went from a low 70s nora tanky champ to an awful mid to upper 80s poor ranged unit.

Their range went from 1-2 to 5-6. And their cost went up as a result.

So you've got a champ built around being a tank with the skillset for tanking suddenly standing 6 spaces away from the fight. Completely wasting all that tankiness that is now sandbagging him.

But that is what we got when I said we need insex range. And it wasn't gonna be the sandsnipe.

7. Anima26

Ah right yeh, i used to use two spitters to tank they were pretty good, but now theyre ranged but with same tanky setup like u say. im using because what else can i use really, theyre my only real range threat. would u say that i shouldnt bother playing the deck until i can get kwings?

Edit: im guessing gedden hated the sandsnipe then? could he not have just toned it down instead of shoeboxing it and gutting myxs ranged options? Was there a particular reason insex lost detection? Slasher and Tracker both lost it :\

8. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

With the possible exception of the Matriarch, the Kwing Alphas are absolutely the work horses of the bg.

The slashers are very nice to have but not essential to have in there.

9. Anima26

Looks like ill retire my bugs until i can get the elusive kwings then, sad day.

10. turtlejam

turtlejam The King of Potatoes

Thanks for the tips, guys! I've been wanting to make myx/insect deck for a while now and had no idea how to go about doing it. Turns out, reading the forums can actually help me! haha.

Anima26 likes this.
  11. sokotra

sokotra Member

I have had fun with them without deploying my 1 kwing alpha most of the time in exchange for deploying cheaper meat or Broodlord instead. I don't have slashers either.

12. Anima26

Movn whats your opinion on running Myx Drones btw, 11 dmg 6 spd 3 def 36hp and mobility on sand, with a dot and charge for 50ish nora sounds good. Ive been trying out running two cus i got the space atm and i quite like them.

Also what do you think of Locust? Im running one with Leap2 and Pounce2 to keep his cost down.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  13. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

I would agree with this if you are tryin to play FF. I do however believe its viable in a UD split. i made one recently. i only played one game with it but i think it has potential.

14. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

Bump.

Someone asked what my insex bg was, and this is the easy way to do it.

15. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

2x2.dek

Sealer0 and Sirius like this.
  16. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Ur right. I should rename it Dagda.dek

Jib, SPiEkY and Sirius like this.
  17. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

lol, I see what u did there.

18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Way to post your BG twice, movn.

It's already on page 1 of this thread.

19. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Yeah, but it's a Dagda.dek so it kinda has to be squeezed onto more than 1 page to fit.

SPiEkY and Sirius like this.
  20. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Oh man, recycling the joke, love it.

SPiEkY likes this.