Aspect of Growth redesign

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Capitulator, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

I think it has popped up before that Aspect of Growth's design is a mess. Here are some of my thoughts on a redesign to crack the lid open on the shoebox.

Firstly, the charge mechanic can be a cool alternative to cool-downs when it lets you and your opponent manage the charge generation (i.e. not Supercharged) or when you have to choose between several abilities to spend the charges on. AoG has charges but doesn't actually make use of the charge mechanic.

The two abilities Supercharged and Recharge just change Grow's CD from 5 to 2.78 (with Supercharged 2) or 3.57 (with Supercharged 1). Just remove these two abilities and make Grow CD 3.

Secondly, AoG is a massive tempo hit for a champion that won't do anything for quite a while. I'd like the tempo hit to be less, but to still cost roughly the same once it's usable. My first thought is to make Grow cost 5 nora on activation and drop AoG's nora cost down to about 60-65. It's just usable after 3 Grows and pretty good after 4 (at 85 nora total cost).

To save on coding, it could just be given Mercenary (one free Grow then 9 nora/Grow at 3 CD) and drop its cost further to about 55-60 base.

Thirdly, a kind of tangential reduction to the tempo hit. Make it a little bit useful as a support while it is still low on HP and Dmg. Something like replacing the Supercharge ability line with a choice of Growth or Nature's Connections (to keep in theme). Final default nora cost: 62 (on the nose).

Cinder405 likes this.
  2. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I haven't played to much with it because it just plain horrible on paper. It would be an awesome addition to your FS plant.

Anima26 and Capitulator like this.