Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KingJad, Jun 2, 2015.

1. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Just played a game I should have loss. But there was a weird interaction with knockback via Gale Force. Even though avatars are immune to knockback the avatar took damage as if it was knockbacked into a space that was occupied. My jakei shadowstriker was to the left of the avatar and to above,right,and below the avatar was plenty of empty space in the event it wasn't actually immune to knockback it would have been free to move. avatar had 43 hp and loss about 30-36 don't remember exact number.

2. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Unstoppable don't stop relocate, Planar Bound does.

Dragging attack and pull count as relocate, not knockback.

3. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

nerf ST

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If you will provide me with the exact coordinates and double check the current version of the Complete Rules, I'll see what's up. Vers 1.2 actually has more information on KB damage, especially 2x2 KB damage, and that may be relevant here. Hit me up in-game.

5. dirtylimey

dirtylimey Devotee of the Blood Owl

My avatar is missing an ability when it transfigures. I've seen other KF avatars that have it but mine doesn't, it actually has an effect on my games because it's the aoe healing aspect that he's missing now.

6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Let me ask you a question wise giant. If a 2x2 unit is knockbacked let's say, southwest. Which unit adjacent to it in that direction will took the knockback damage? The west or the south unit?

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

West. This was actually something that went into Vers 1.2. Units that are out of line with take no damage.

Here is the specific, concise (but also a bit confusing) wording from the update:

In any knockback damage calculation that involves at least one Large (2x2) unit, any units which obstruct a knockback path will only receive damage if their topmost tile is in a direct, tile-side-to-tile-side line with the topmost tile of the knocked back champion.

Goyo likes this.
  8. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I find it well explained and clear :) Thank you!