Awesome strategy game

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Agirgis1, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

http://www.battledawn.com/ (pics in 2nd post down)
    This is a game I used to play that suffers a few similar issues to poxnora

Its got a heavily dedicated fan base ( was probably slightly larger then pox, but haven't checked in)

It's a real time war-game , I generally played Earth servers, so you'd literally play on a massive World map with a team ( usually top players add each other skype and plan teams..... consistent roosters of teams was very encouraging/fun) teams ranged from 1 man solo worlds to a full out 11 man ( I was always an 11 man player because I love teams)

Its really fun, kind of slow , general best players will play on 1-3 tick worlds , 1 tick = 1 move, so 1 tick world is 1 move per hour. You can fire missles, has an AMAZING , and I mean AMAZING global combat mechanic.

The way you move your units, and can perfectly move with allies or even clash with multiple different enemies.

Why I quit? I quit after first semester of college because the top level teams need insane commitment, we'd plan attacks during late night to try and maximize chance of enemy being asleep..... A lot of the top teams had each others phonenumbers/skypes and selected scouts for each day. So intense when enemy launchs a large scale attack all over the map ( if the world ends up being between 2 big teams), and u struggle to call and wake up everyone u can to reinforce and defend.

Eras/rounds last anywhere from 1 week ( 1 team ruling , no competiton) to 2-3 months ( at least 2-5 Top level teams of 11 players each fighting)

I played a few long Eras/rounds, I probably only slept in 2 hour shifts if at all for months straight.

And it was the most fun I've ever had.

Sadly I don't wanna allocate that time to such things anymore ( much fun college lyfe) ( much fun pox wrecking me). But if anyone is interested feel free.

SIDEEEE NOTEEE: it may seem pay to win at first, but the top teams just have very tactically skilled/active players. Seen lots of Fully Saudi or fully well paid adult 11 man teams, pumping insane amounts of money for every boost ( we're talking 10k team spending for the title), and most times my team or another team of the higher skilled more coorindated players just outplay whatever advantage they can buy.

TL;DR Fun war game , very time consuming , ruined my life briefly in the greatest way possible.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    Tweek516 likes this.
  2. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Few Pics of what game looks like ( I was taking lots of screenshots for one of rounds for some reason) First and 4th pic we're easy wins , Blue means team agreed to ally with us, everyone was scared to lose ( u get small recognition for even being top 10 team, usually like 40 - 50 teams if not more) So they just surrendered and let us clean up whoever wanted to fight.

Usually more competitive worlds will have a lot more RED haha, 2nd pic was a round we got destroyed in. We built soldiers that entry round, and after beating our number 1 enemy, the 2nd best enemy was well prepared for us with a tank set up we weren't ready for.

3rd Picture is a coorindated late night attack where the enemy couldn't wake up all their players to reinforce and whoever woke up was forced to retreat and let their friends armies die.
    tick 210 Agi.PNG
    EPIC BR.PNG

War Start vs TFG.PNG
    Tick 209 allience.PNG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Looks really cool, but don't really know if I wanna get into it hehe

4. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

i played this on the fantasy world years ago, i really enjoyed it but yea takes up loads of your time, my alliance was small there was not constant action which was cool. i always remember the ability to have your generals follow a team mates, i guess join to their unit - which helps when you are not active.

Agirgis1 likes this.