Backlash should be Removed from Earth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TeaScholar, Mar 19, 2015.

1. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Because I said so.
    It's just too op that u can include one rune to counter my whole bg.
    Maybe make backlash stop working when my UT is at 50% hp.

FIX IT dawgs

oh and delete Centaur regulator

Rokkushun, D4rkSteel and Netherzen like this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Eh, maybe it shouldn't stack.

TeaScholar likes this.
  3. TeaScholar

Thank you for your feedback. Here,
    take my like.

Take it. Take it you scoundrel.

Netherzen likes this.
  4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Oh Tea, I have bad news for you then:

[03/13] Backlash - Add shrine damage for player-sourced nora generation

For real, though, nora gen is too powerful and deserves an equally powerful counter.
    Sorry to break it to you, but running nora gen and deploying it will have to be thought through carefully, which is a good thing.

Baskitkase likes this.
  5. TeaScholar

I'm aware of that ^ mr. foot

I believe that would apply to FS things like marsh song, or maybe soulsift (?)

Besides, UT was proving too much a tempo-hit, and was actually losing me more games than won. And that's without backlash anywhere x_x I would just be out deployed, low on a font everytime, and rushyrushed into oblivion as soon as UT saw daylight

Netherzen likes this.
  6. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

We need to lower/nerf nora gen,adjust it to be a less of a tempo hit,and have more soft counters to nora gen(like resonance or nora leech) and remove backlash.

TeaScholar likes this.
  7. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I heard you get likes here...

Nerf Backlash please!

8. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Reported for being a like-*****

Pixyrus and TeaScholar like this.
  9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Running nora gen and deploying it will not have to be done carefully, right now at least, because it should be not run and thus never deployed. When there are strong BG's floating around in the format that deploy Backlash just for the hell of it, not even because it counters nora gen, expecting gen to do anything is nonsense. Every faction has both access and incentive at this point.

See the entire "remove Sever Summons" thread.

Honestly, fumbling around with generation and font numbers ain't that hard, and could clean up some of these problems. I remembering bringing this up with @DMrBadguy before: slightly increase break-even times but shrink the generation rate of all gen. This cuts down on generation as a tempo hit while making nora generation less oppressive as the game progresses. Nora Miner goes to 2/4/6 with no cost change but minor tweaks to the champions that own it. UT goes to 1/1 for ~35. Not gonna post the whole set of theoretical changes here, but it's possible to shift around numbers to reduce Backlash as an ostensible balance need.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    Netherzen and TeaScholar like this.
  10. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I am what I eat.

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. Pedeguerra

See my reply there.

12. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

UT has ruined more games of pox in it's long existence then I care to think about, back lash and nora counter are the only reason it exists. deal with it

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

vvv

Elaborate?

14. Pedeguerra

Sigh, again? Ok.
    Summons as they are now are bad for the game. They bring too much stats to the table for "free", and can do too many things (attack, deploy relics, collect globes, serve as roadblock, etc). Thus, sever summons isnt bad at the moment, because a powerful interaction such as a summon needs a powerful counter as well.
    Thats how I feel about nora gen too.
    I disagree wholeheartly with your sentence here:

Running nora gen and deploying it will not have to be done carefully, right now at least, because it should be not run and thus never deployed.

#1 Devils still runs his nora gens and still owns with it. More counters are welcomed.

My humble opinion.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Could you articulate why this is better than changing the thing?

16. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

because collectible games need edges, strong mechanics that force players to adapt their bg's, to change the meta in varying ways and not make every game into the same stale game of checkers.

sometimes the answer to a powerful mechanic is to include a large number of counters into your meta, causing fluctuations over periods of time where players adapt their decks to what would be considered the meta of the week, and then adapting to those decks as the previous ones get countered in return.

as long as every deck has an answer then it's your fault for not including the answer.

17. Pedeguerra

The thing, as in, the summon?
    It's not - if summons would somehow be nerfed (again, btw - they could contest before) - I'd totally be down to nerfing sever as well.
    Since its not the case, they have to be kept in check by an overpowered counter (because they are overpowered themselves at the moment).
    Key term here is "at the moment".
    If summons somehow got weaker nerfing sever would have my support.

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'm well aware of how to handle a competitive environment -- that is not nor has it ever been my issue with Backlash or Sever. I dislike their design. I disagree with strong and obvious counters as a way to pressure diversity, at least, at first glance; I've never seen it work before. The closest parallel that comes to mind is MtG Graveyard hate. I could get into the myriad and important distinctions if you want me to do so, but GY hate and its location within the MtG meta-games is incredibly different from either Sever or Backlash.

Aight, then we're mostly on the same page. Some folks would rather see this than what we have now, which is why they are pushing for changes.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  19. Pedeguerra

Since we dont have the emote here in giving you thumbs up right now.

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

And I would like all defense counters to be removed so my 10 DEF paladins take no dmg from anything.

See where this is going?

Try playing a game without access to twice the resources as your opponents have.

Better yet, play a game with half the resources of your opponent like the rest of us and you'll not only be screaming for backlash to remain, but for it to be stronger and more counters be added.

Nora is the single strongest gainable aspect in the game, and you're playing decks that just puke it every where.

Pedeguerra and KingJad like this.