Beast God's Pyre

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by allyorbase, Mar 24, 2014.

1. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Beast God's Pyre
    Shattered Peaks

Relic

Flavor text: Though discarded even by their oppressors and bloodbound kin alike, those who followed the old ways were beginning to realize they weren't alone...

Visual: A blazing pyre, comprised of animal bones and branches. Through the pyre's violent flickering dance the shadows of various unseen animals -- a zebra, a lion, a wolf, a bear, and a rabbit. As

Gist: A beast-themed, fire-based support Relic that summons a 2x2 manifestation and has Guarded: Beasts.

Cost: ?

HP: 30
    DEF: 0

Effect:
    When deployed and at the beginning of its turns, if there is no Manifestation of this unit in play, a Manifestation of this unit is summoned within 3 spaces. This relic has Guarded: Beast and Immunity: Fire.

Note:
    The Manifestation looks like a Pit Wolf on fire, and has the following kit:

Name: Wolf Spirit
    Race: Beast, Spirit
    DMG: 11
    SPD: 6
    RNG: 1
    DEF: 0
    HP: 24

Attack: Fire
    Detection 1
    Immunity: Fire
    Leap 3
    Manifestation

WHY:
    SP Beasts has become less viable than other factions' beast BGs, but it's still good enough to come back with a few solid support runes. A relic that contests fonts and simultaneously buffs friendly beasts when it is attacked seemed like a decent place to start. I also think a relic with a Manifestation is neat/weird.

Spot Detection 1 is obviously something, as well. It may actually give this rune a solid place in non-Beast BGs.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

It's neat, I remember that manifestations have a passive that pops them if thy are too far from the projection unit, you need to add that.
    Also, detection is widely available in beasts in every faction, so I think it's not necessary, and I would make the manifestation as simple as I could, eliminating burn in favor of damage stat, and immunity fire (on manifestation) isn't a big deal, as they can be renovated anyways.

3. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Thanks. I removed Burn from the manifestation. Because it is a Manifestation, it will be tethered to the pyre. I mentioned that in a note, but I also added it as an ability.

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I like it. But I would suggest.
    Nora Cost 45
    Hp from 30 to 15
    +1 Defense
    Bulwark: Beast added to base.

If you wish to keep its Hp at 30 I would add an ability called. Smoldering: This relic loses 2 hp at the beginning of each of its turns.