BGs that escalate through the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vitor, May 27, 2015.

1. vitor

vitor The King of Potatoes

Hey there guys!
    I would like to know your opinions about which BGs have a a escalating power, that is, a game with a good late stage that is also viabl.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Many Draksar have Violent, so their damage can continually increase over time. Is that what you mean?

3. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just about anything FW has a good to great late game, recycling champs with low cd along with creeper getting the globes and UT printing nora. Jellies racial mechanic gains strength as more runes are put on cd so it gets better the later the game goes.

4. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Thirst for battle units. 4 in IS that are good at the moment. There is also adaptive. Combine that with armorers to stack armor quickly. The new brew has violent for dwarfs. Key units are:

Armorers 2x
    Brewmasters 2x
    Crusaders 2x
    WEG 2x
    Magnus with adaptive

Add in spells that support your soon to be super champs.

Its fun. It can look like you are losing then swing back in your favor as your units ramp up.

5. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Witches are pretty strong you perma curse your enemies at some point.
    Moga are also pretty sick late game with the surge and what not.
    Jellys are also good late you fully CD your enemy rune bench.
    Stitched pretty snowbally.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Most Sundered Lands, Forsaken Wastes, and Ironfist Stronghold BGs and variants do well in lategame, often for different reasons. SL has Quicken and DB and can damage ramp through Violent. In addition, their natural durability makes them scale well against opposing offense. IS usually has plenty of buffs, and once those get stacked up quick and hard to make a scary cadre of champs. FW can grind out a game the best of the set, and while they often lack the enormous damage power of IS and SL, FW remains more versatile and efficient over a long game. They recycle champs faster, and often gain an edge with UT. Additionally, they have numerous sets of runes that form engines to produce value one way or another as a game goes on.

7. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

That's just cheesy Bane Shift that gets countered by anything that doesn't rely on basic attacks.

8. Wraith

Wraith Administrator Octopi

I've always seen Jellies as having great late game.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The fairest statement for Jellebriums is that their late-game is indeed better than their early-game.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  10. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I know it's a little specific, but I love my Vothsair Ireguards with their 2/2/5 attack chain and +1 damage increment for every attack.

30+ often in the late game, with the able assistance of Nef Guardians.

11. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Actually Jellies are more of a mid game bg. You starve off the initial push then push back asap with regen and tp before your opponent regroups. Otherwise you lose late game because jellies are crap in combat.

Wraith likes this.
  12. Psilokibes

Psilokibes Devotee of the Blood Owl

Devotes of DeĀ“Lims can stack damage and hp if well played, but are hard to play and easy countered.

Good vs IA but need luck with the rune draws and a good strategy while u protect ur main champions.

13. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

14. vitor

vitor The King of Potatoes

Among these BGs, which can be built kinda budget? I have a draksar BG I used to play some years ago, but I have Vyndrax, Draksar Lord and the Shifter, but thats about it in this area hahaha
    How can you make a good IS BG like that? I have one (also a little outdated) paladin BG, and some dwarves.
    I have found few threads, so it would be of great help if you could point me a guide or tips/BG example
    Also, are stitched too expensive? I have kiergana and two mirrorskins, but I think thats it xD
    Thanks for the responses too!

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Toilet bowl/graveyard skells.

16. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I thought I was the only one!

IMAGIRL likes this.
  17. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Delim have one of the strongest late games around (In side of KF) check out my BG Hub thread within the KF forums!