Black wind Pillager FS/SL

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by NiGhtMaRiK, Apr 26, 2014.

1. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Name:Black wind Pillager FS/SL Tortun Warrior
    Cost:91
    Rarity:Rare
    Spd: 6
    Dmg:12
    Rng:1
    Def:3
    Hp:50

Abilities:
    Atk: Physical
    AxeThrow
    Soul Collection
    Tariff
    Ponderous
    Tortuns Trade
    Unstoppable
    Turtle
    Conqueror
    BlackWind: This champion Suffers -2dmg -1spd and -2def while a friendly Tortun without the Blackwind ability is in play under your control.

Upgrades:
    Rampage
    Essence Capture
    Nora Theif
    Ransack: When this champion destroys an opponent champion that champions controller loses 1/3 of that units nora cost.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I like ransack, but not the design of blackwinds as a whole.

3. NiGhtMaRiK

Thats fair. What do you not like about them specifically. Id like some insight on whats unsatisfying and where to place my efforts on future designs

4. only

only Active Member

their racial. you should tie tortuns together, not play them seperately. revisit their racial to tie blackwinds together and not fight against other tortuns.

many abilities are just different version of what already exist.

Sunder+Slowed
    perma&stronger Debilitating
    Tariff on crack

5. GabrielQ

yeah basically what only said. Also, the fact that your are leaving normal tortuns out of the ecuation forces you to include redundant champions and the overcomplication of some abilities is unnecessary.
    I see mangleshell's crew working together with draksar marauder, ruthless netmaster and draksar marine so maybe that should be taken into account while thinking about the FF SL variant, I would go the mutation way, and, I like that you included other races to tortun's trade, but I think it's time for a name change for somehing more general.

6. NiGhtMaRiK

The lore i had in mind for them was that they were shunned and outcast from the Tortuns. More indepth background on Mangle Shell and how he ended up in SL and the Black winds were his crew that followed him in exile. So it was my intent to separate them by lore before i had even designed the actual runes. I understand your want for the Tortuns to be cohesive and work together although i feel it would be more interesting lorewise with the rivalry between the two.

As far as the cranked up abilities go i fully understand. I mentioned in the archive of all the runes that i made these during Corpse Era. So the contriving on new powercrept abilities was the norm. Its largely why im just now posting these after years because i know the ability creep on these Corpse Era runes cant fit in the future of pox.

Mutation abilities on some of the blackwinds and incorporating the runes you mentioned into the fold would be a good step forward. If you have any suggestions on a racial you'd like to see on the blackwinds please post them. Keep in mind that they are helping The False King and that they are mangles crew.

Thanks for all the feedback

Woffleet likes this.
  7. only

only Active Member

I think it's more than just name change to Tortun's Trade. the whole package of Tortuns: Amphibious, TTrade, Ponderous and Turtle is somehow disgusting to see. all champions start with 4 abilities. it's so unoptimized.

I would consolidate Tortun's Trade with Amphibous.

Tortun's Trade - When this champion makes a successful basic attack, it gains 1 nora for every friendly Tortun within 6 spaces. This champion ignores restrictions and penalties imposed by water.

it would help in two ways: the package has ability less. and on top of that, the Tortuns having nothing to do with basic attacks wouldn't need to have TT since it's based on Tortun Race, not the ability itself.

now instead of packaging every single Tortun with Ponderous and Turtle, spread such a flavorful abilities around, but not package. so one Tortun might be 5 SPD, other might have Ponderous, another one could be with Defensive Turtle and so on. to put it simple, spread the thematic "slowness" across the theme, not package them all with the same 4 abilities. honestly, this is what I thought the revamp will be about. too bad, they're too busy working on that lame new revamp system.

haha, I never gave attention to Marauder being so close to tortuns flavorwise! that's so cute. just one more reason for this champion to be the coolest guy around!

Woffleet likes this.
  8. GabrielQ

I always imagined that if I were looking for the serum of perfection, I would definitively hire mangleshell and the rotmaw's crew, and you can see those guys are really piratish, in fact, that's the only explanation I found to charged fire bomb on marauder.

9. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I think a racial that gens Nora tends to be a prob, that would mean if u have around 4-5 tortuns, and say 3 of em attacks, you get 15 nora.. That's like 7 Call to Arm procs...

It can't be 100% nora gen out of a basic attack, I think to be fair, it should be at "1 nora for every TWO friendly Tortuns within 8 spaces" (to clump less. racials that should clump...should be pitied upon).

This would mean with 10 Tortuns in play (WOW... ) you'll get the same effects as a mid game 7 Call to Arms proc. Normally, you'll get 3-5 out at a time before one of em dies, So that's like 2 Nora for each attacking Tortuns, and say 3 of em attacks, you get 6 Nora. Not so bad right, that's a Call to Arms racial-kinda

10. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Black wind torts
    What are they? pirate tortins that work for Mangelshell
    Racical of regular torts?( Noragen)
    Racial of pirate torts?
    Pirates are different from sailors. When a sailor finds gold he splits it with the crew. When a pirate finds gold he hides it and saves it for himself. The perfect way to represent this is with charges. Charges are the currency used by the pirate torts.
    What do they spend charges on?
    Pirates love 2 things, Bigger and better boats, and stronger equipment
    How can that be designed by using charges?
    Ki strike is the perfect ability, A pirate blows all his cash on 1 big attack then has to find more, Charged fire bomb, Charged frost cone, etc.
    Pirates used their aqquired money to cause pain and suffering to others, They can also get a banker who has add charge, recharge, and race charged, (The idea here is for him to help tie the pirates with regular torts)

thoughts?

11. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

I have a suggestion