Blast Doors

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by MogaBait, Jan 4, 2015.

1. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

This following blast doors bug occurs with every use of the spell, and it follows the pattern as described below.

If you have one door out, you spend 35 nora to blow it up. Works fine.

However, say you have two doors out. The initial cost still drops you 35 nora. Next, door 1 blows up. The problem? When door 2 blows up, you are dropped another 35 nora. Total cost after the sequence is -70 nora.

Three doors out? Again, 35 nora is dropped initially, first door blows, then for each subsequent door that blows up you again lose 35 nora. So 3 doors will cost a maximum of 105 nora. The biggest use of blast doors for me has been with 9 doors out. The pattern stays consistent.

What do I mean by maximum? Well, say I have 45 nora, 2 doors deployed, and cast blast doors. The initial -35 nora drop brings me to 10 nora. The first door goes boom. The second doors goes boom. I'm assuming there is no state that allows for negative nora bank values, so the second subtraction of 35 nora won't lower your bank past 0. At the end of it all, you are therefore left with 0 nora.