Boghoppers That Do Nothing But Leaping

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by doubtofbuddha, Dec 17, 2015.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Boghoppers who have entire paths of Leap 1 to 3:
    Boghopper
    Boghopper Elite
    Boghopper Huntmaster
    Boghopper Paladin
    Boghopper Pupil
    Boghopper Spitter
    Boghopper Tad
    Boghopper Zombie
    Darkmarsh Enforcer
    Darkmarsh Fury
    Darkmarsh Instigator
    Darkmarsh Outlaw
    Darkmarsh Shadow
    Tide Master

Boghoppers who have entire paths of leaping abilities:
    Bloated Toad*
    Boghopper Bull*
    Kartch, Finlord*
    Misshapen Boghopper*

We still have a bunch of boghoppers that have entire upgrade paths dedicated to Leap or Leap-related abilities. While this distinguishes Boghoppers from other themes, it does not really seem like it is doing it an a particularly fun or interesting way. It actually is less of a problem for the leap-related abilities but it is thematically similar enough that it is worth noting.

So what to do?

For some of these I think we probably should just remove leap entirely. Boghopper Spitter, Darkmarsh Fury, and Darkmarsh Outlaw particularly stand out there, with Spitter and Fury being long range units who don't have a huge use for it and Darkmarsh Fury mostly using phantom dash to get around.

For others I think there mostly should just be more options or choices. Leap 3 and/or Leap 2 should be there just for thematic consistency but there should perhaps be the ability to chose something else.

If it is a matter of limited resources, than just hit some of the rare or greater champs. Boghopper Elite, Boghopper Huntmaster, Boghopper Paladin (keep Leap 3 please!), Tide Master (also retaining Leap 3), and Darkmarsh Outlaw (getting rid of leap entirely) should be targeted in this case.

@Sokolov

Gnomes likes this.
  2. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Why rare or higher?
    I think he should go for whatever champ he's got a good idea for
    So,
    instead of going for Outlaw and forcing some weird ass changes onto him just because he's a legendary, maybe he can go for Fury or Shadow if he's got a clever or interesting idea for them

3. doubtofbuddha

When I was complaining about repetitive paths in other threads, people were pushing back by saying that more common runes should have more repetitive paths.

Also I think the Darkmarsh Outlaw should be the one who most definitely does have non-Leap options. Like you should be able to take Leap 3 if you want, but he already has Phantom Dash so it seems like a bit of a waste.

4. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Phantom dash on U1 with leap is an Indra, cause well why leap when you can dash.

5. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Good points on the Outlaw

Oh, I didn't know most people wanted legends ties and whatnot to get the interesting builds

6. doubtofbuddha

Yeah, I disagree pretty strongly about it but cutting down that way works well enough I suppose. It essentially just comes down to whichever ones, if any that @Sokolov wants to redesign. This is not a high priority thing, and I mostly just wanted to bring it to his attention.

7. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Massive leap. Glorious leap. Ellusive leap? One of those three for the leg?!

8. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Store AP, Phantom Dash in, attack and leap out. I do see a use for Leap on Outlaw; besides pseudo-speed, I mean.