Boost Overlap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baskitkase, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I moved my Robodog from where the white high-lighted square 3 spaces behind him is up to the position he's at now. He left the boost range of the first Dwarven Engi and entered the range of the 2nd Dwarven Engi before leaving the range of the first. As you can see, boost left but did not reestablish.

Exhibit A:
    [​IMG]

I then moved my Robodog Southeast towards my shrine outside of my uppermost Dwarven Engi's boost range and then one square back into his range and boost was reestablished:

Exhibit B:
    [​IMG]

Another test was, after the boost was not reestablished, like in Exhibit A, I moved the Booster (Dwarven Engi, top) instead of the Robodog. It also reestablish boost:

Exhibit C:
    [​IMG]

2. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

They fixed complex machine

Goyo likes this.
  3. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Good post baskit, I had been noticing something strange in a few of my boost bgs.

I haven't been able to reproduce it, but there are times where moving the booster doesn't refresh, and I wind up with effectively no boost at all, and the boost-ees, will only accept boost from one of the two boosters, regardless of in/out if range refresh

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Basically, if I'm right, what happens is this:
    In order to avoid boost to stack, when the units are affected by more than one boost effect they are "told" to ignore boost instances until there is only one left, going from older to newer. The problem is that the units aren't told to stop ignoring the boost instances they already ignored when the active layer is removed.

5. paldirs

paldirs Devotee of the Blood Owl

Also casting hippo pygmy stampede in beast boost range is wrong. The pygmys only have 5 hp and when they then walk out of range, they die.

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

haha

thats funny and fail all at the same time.

7. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

The same is true of the birdman summons. Although instead they have 4 hp.

8. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

yeah, the stats correction of the hippos happen after bonus are applied, so augment creation and other abilities are useless on them.

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I saw someone cast hippos and it seems to reduce their HP after casting which is different than how it used to work, IIRC, they simply had 5 HP.