Bowmage @ PCR5

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Dec 2, 2014.

?

Which buff to bowmage is most desired

1. Choice 1

37.5%
  2. Choice 2

18.8%
  3. Choice 3

43.8%
  1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Discuss! I'll add my top 3 favorites and we'll go from there.
    Please don't vote until I've added the suggestions. <3
    Choice 1 @Xirone

Bowmage (After Changes)
    DMG: 10 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 4-5 | DEF: 0 | HP: 45
    Base Abilities- Attack: Magic Arrow (0 nora), Adept Arcanist (+10 nora), Aim (+8 nora)
    Upgrade Path 1 (Mage)- Imbue Stun (+12 nora), Paralyze (+4 nora), Stun (+6 nora),
    Upgrade Path 2 (Archer)- Evasive 3 (+7 nora), Farshot 2 (+5 nora), Punish (+6 nora)
    Estimated Nora Cost: 70-80

Choice 2 @Entrepidus
    (Flanking) Bowmage - [8 DMG | 6 SPD | 5-6 RNG | 0 DEF | 40 HP]
    (Archer) Path 1 = Declare Target | Piercing Shot 2 | Strike
    (Wizard) Path 2 = Flamestrike 2 | Illuminate | Lightning Skewer
    Base = Attack: Arrow | Imbue Stun | Precision | Flanking
    (Default upgrades = Strike + Illuminate)

Choice 3: @Xirone

Bowmage (After Changes)
    Base Abilities- Attack: Lightning Arrow (0 nora), Evasive 2 (+5 nora), Precision (+6 nora), Spellswallower (+6 nora)
    Upgrade Path 1 (Mage)- Imbue Stun (+12 nora), Lightning Storm 2 (+10 nora), Stun (+6 nora)
    Upgrade Path 2 (Archer)- Farshot 2 (+5 nora), Punish (+6 nora), Rain of Arrows 2 (+10 nora)
    Estimated Nora Cost: 70-81

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  2. DaPoxagon

DaPoxagon Member

Dam 10
    Spd 6
    Rng 4-6
    Def 0
    HP 42

Base: Attack Electric Arrow, Precision, Imbue Stun, Defenseless
    UG 1: Jolt 3, Farshot 2, Rain 2
    UG 2: Combo Attack: Slam, Drain, Stun

Osidan likes this.
  3. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Bowmage
    DMG: 9 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 4-5 | DEF: 0 | HP: 44
    Base Abilities- Attack: Lightning Arrow (0 nora), Precision (+6 nora), Jolt 3 (9 nora), Spellswallower (+6 nora)
    Upgrade Path 1- Imbue Stun (+12 nora), Invigorate 2 (+11 nora), Sever Summons (+8 nora)
    Upgrade Path 2- Farshot 2 (+5 nora), (Multiattack 1 +8 nora), Evasive 3 (+7 nora)
    Nora Cost- 75-82

Lighting Arrow just makes sense due to the picture and Jolt fits the DoT theme of archers. Since he is also a mage he can guild his arrows with magic (Precision) and gain some energy from the magic in in the caused by the enemy (Spellswallower).
    Path 1: the mage path - depending on the games current meta, is quite versatile.
    Path 2: the archer path - choice of distance, aggression, or survivability depending on setup.

Stole much of this from @Xirone but changed it enough to make it my own.

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Bowmage- DMG increased from 9 to 10. HP increased from 40 to 45. Blindfire and Imbue Stun removed from base. Evasive 2, Precision, and Spellswallower added to base. Upgrade Path 1 changed to Imbue Stun/Lightning Storm 2/Stun. Upgrade Path 2 changed to Farshot 2/Punish/Rain of Arrows 2.

Bowmage (After Changes)
    Base Abilities- Attack: Lightning Arrow (0 nora), Evasive 2 (+5 nora), Precision (+6 nora), Spellswallower (+6 nora)
    Upgrade Path 1 (Mage)- Imbue Stun (+12 nora), Lightning Storm 2 (+10 nora), Stun (+6 nora)
    Upgrade Path 2 (Archer)- Farshot 2 (+5 nora), Punish (+6 nora), Rain of Arrows 2 (+10 nora)
    Estimated Nora Cost: 70-81

With these changes you have a very versatile champion. You can take a budget Bowmage, with Stun and Farshot 2, for only 70 nora. If you are feeling more spendy, you can have a champion with two AoEs, a first in KF. Imbue Stun is an option for those who want a more classic feel to the champ. Punish is added to the archer upgrade path to add something special to archer decks. Many of the upgrades are Rank 2, by the way, to symbolize the generalist nature of the champion (and to make it so those AoEs don't get too strong from Spellswallower).

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  5. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

where are you guys getting the prices for the abilities? i wanna know too :/

6. Xirone

Poxbase :)

chris0024 likes this.
  7. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

Bowmage
    Dmg: 10/Spd: 6/Rng: 4-6/HP: 40
    Base Abilities- Attack: magic arrow/lightning arrow(0 nora), Evasive 2 (+5 nora), Imbue Stun (+12 nora),
    Upgrade path 1 - Shrive (+6 nora), Impair Vision (+4 nora), Precision (+6 nora)
    Upgrade path 2 - Barrage rank 1 (+6 nora), Bounce (+6 nora), Defeneseless (-7 nora)

I took blindfire off of him since it was such a sandbag and i also increased his range and dmg by 1. My approach is bit more on the control side but you can also get him really cheap if you take defenseless. I wanted a way where archers would have a method for dealing with high def champs so I included shrive or you could have a bit of control over the opponents range with impair vision. I am not sure how this would play out in an actual game but feel free to take pieces of my approach to bowmage if you like any of em :)

8. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

So far so good, they're all different in their own respects. Lot's of good upgrades and a slew of variety for builds. Loving it so far guys. :)

9. xezno

Second Idea:

Bowmage
    DMG: 10| SPD: 5| RNG: 3-5| Def: 0| HP: 41|
    Base Abilities - ATK: Magic Arrow (0 nora), Equip: Frostcall Quiver (+5 nora), Teleport 2 (+10 Nora)
    Upgrade Path 1 - Jolt 1 (+2 nora), Scour 1 (+3 nora), Rabid 1 (+3 nora)
    Upgrade Path 2 - Sunder (+8 nora), Imbue Stun (+12 nora), Evasive 3 (+7 nora)
    Nora Cost: 63-69

Cheap DoT machine. Low speed but teleport to help make up for that. Magic arrow is just for looks unless you really need magic damage, then just shatter.

10. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

where the prices on poxbase it all disappeared

11. xezno

They are still there for me. I really liked your lightning blast idea but I think magic blast would be even better. With magic blast he could would well in magic amp deck.

12. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

ye i really think magic/lightning blast should be on him cause gives him an aoe dmg

13. Xirone

Shrive has got to be one of the most under-costed abilities in Pox right now. I do like Shrive but it is probably too good for KF to get access to right now. Apart from that, I like the suggestion!

Edit: I will try to calculate what his cost range will be later but Defenseless may make him too cheap. If he comes in near, or under, 60 nora Defenseless probably would need to go.

Edit II: Yeah, maybe Defenseless should go. Choosing anything other than Defenseless is to add +13 Nora to his cost.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
    chris0024 likes this.
  14. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I see 5 options in the thread, but only 3 voting choices. Please enlighten. Gracias.

15. xezno

FINAL!

Base Abilities- Attack: Magic Arrow (0 nora), Precision (+6 nora), Magic Blast (+10 nora)
    Upgrade Path 1 (Mage)- Imbue Stun (+12 nora), Sever Summons (+8 nora), Equip: Frostcall Quiver (+5 nora)
    Upgrade Path 2 Sunder (+8 nora), Evasive 3 (+7 nora), Vindictive (+10 nora)
    Estimated Nora Cost: 70-80

I love this guy. He is perfect for magic and archer decks. There is so much I could say about this guy but just imagine for yourself (mainly because I am tired).

16. xezno

Once karmavore picks his three favorites the voting commences so feel free to throw up your idea or comment on the ones you like/hate.

17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

In that case let me just say I don't like the Equip: Frostcall Quiver idea. It currently costs 10 nora. It is bound to get a nerf sometime in the future, which will ended up forcing a nerf unto Bowmages Ability to cost compensate. There is also the fact that with Fire for Effect, he could have too much DoT to easily. I don't for see this becoming a good thing.

Keep in mind this is just speculation. As much as I love archers, this would just be too much imho.

chickenpox2 likes this.
  18. TinyPickle

TinyPickle The King of Potatoes

My version:

BOWMAGE

DMG: 7 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 4-6 | DEF: 0 | HP: 45
    Base Abilities- Attack: Magic Arrow (0), Precision (+6), Spellswallower (+6), Defenseless (-7)
    Upgrade Path 1: Imbue Stun (+12 nora), Magic Blast (+10 nora),Grant: magical aura (+8)
    Upgrade Path 2: Rain of arrows 2 (+10), Barrage 2 (+6), Piecing shot 2 (+7)

Estimated Nora Cost: 70 - 80

Now he has a full wizard path and archer path.

Alternavtive abilitie:
    Knockback 3 (+8)

19. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

7 Damage? He's already weak at 9!

20. TinyPickle

TinyPickle The King of Potatoes

Banner +1 dmg, bard +2 dmg, drive +2 dmg, spellswallower +X dmg, bullseye, fire for effect and lots of other stuff that can buff him up. Besides path 2 makes up for that low dmg.

I don't really see how he is weak at 9. Most KF (elves) champs are around 7-9 dmg and they work just fine.