Bowmage @ PCR5

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Dec 2, 2014.

?

Which buff to bowmage is most desired

1. Choice 1

37.5%
  2. Choice 2

18.8%
  3. Choice 3

43.8%
  1. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

i dont know how the formula for calculating a champs price before the upgrades are taken into account :( so i'll be relying on you guys for editing my suggestion lol.
    This was more difficult than i first imagined. I enjoyed coming up with ideas for him, but the difficult part was making him a viable option in today's efficient meta without making him OP.

2. DaPoxagon

DaPoxagon Member

Bump but change Electric to Lightning. Defenseless makes him cheap but also easier to take down with melee units. All units need this balance to keep it cheaper and have some sort of vulnerability. With some of the suggestions in here, he will be auto include because he is too strong and will get stronger and not balanced, IMO.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  3. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Final, Final!

DMG: 10 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 4-5 | DEF: 0 | HP: 45
    Base Abilities- Attack: Magic Arrow (0 nora), Precision (+6 nora), Magic Blast (+10 nora)
    Upgrade Path 1 (Mage) - Imbue Stun (+12 nora), Sever Summons (+8 nora), Weaken Spells (+6 nora)
    Upgrade Path 2 (Archer) - Sunder (+8 nora), Evasive 3 (+7 nora), Vindictive (+10 nora)
    Estimated Nora Cost: 71-80

Fine, I changed the quiver. Now it should be done!

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Remove Vindictive for Commander Archer. I would run something similar to this.... Sunder on a ranged champ is a no-no for me. Not sure what to replace it with.

5. xezno

I did agree that Equip: Frostcall Quiver was to much on him so I switched that however I have a retort for this ^^

I don't even use commander: archer on archer commander and it would just be a dead upgrade slot on him and I am trying to make all upgrades as viable as possible. Vindictive is for elf decks (though they are getting the nerf bat pretty hard it sounds like) and in combination with magic blast, should prove to be a very nice combo (at least in my mind). As far as sunder goes, I wasn't going to put it on him until I saw it on Barbarian Archer, Dwarven Hooligan, G'hern Soothsayer, Starlight Sylph, and Voltaic Slag.

However all that being said magic blast AND sunder maybe to much, I agree, so I changed him again.

Base Abilities- Attack: Magic Arrow (0 nora), Magic Blast (+10 nora)
    Upgrade Path 1 (Mage) - Imbue Stun (+12 nora), Sever Summons (+8 nora), Weaken Spells (+6 nora)
    Upgrade Path 2 (Archer) - Precision (+6 nora), Evasive 3 (+7 nora), Vindictive (+10 nora)
    Estimated Nora Cost: 66-76

Even threw in a little cost nerf so he isnt seen as to efficient. This way he is also super simple. He is nothing more than a mage/archer with his base attack being his archer ability and magic blast his mage ability and each upgrade path following suit. Also he has build options for Archer decks, Magic amp decks, elf decks, and general meta.

I like this evolution he has taken so thank you for the feedback!

Leadrz likes this.
  6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Commander Archer... I don't use it either, but it is his theme. Fair enough.
    I thought I mentioned this before, Imbue Stun is his Signature ability. It should be on base, replace with Teleport 1? And drop his damage to 9. After this, I think this is a safe choice for a patch change. Good work.

7. xezno

I am new school. His old school signature, awesome as it is, looks good as an upgrade but Magic Blast could be his new school sig. The game is changing and it is time for a new era of bowmage! Ok I am done. Realistically though getting this guy picked into the top 3 and then voted on and then surviving the dev changes, I feel making that change would compromise my true vision for this guy to much with all the other incoming changes. I have a dream and I am living it as we speak. However feel free to copy and make those changes. I still think teleport on him is an awesome idea but I didnt include it in this build because I was afraid it would be to over the top just due to insane mobility.

If you cant tell I have finals in a few days, the stress is making me nuts :confused:

8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i still think that strike will be more useful than vindictive since no other archer has it

9. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'll stop taking suggestion in three days. So get them in now.

10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

But keep it coming, even if you have more than one suggestion.
    I'll take them all into consideration regardless.

11. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Bowmage- DMG increased from 9 to 10. HP increased from 40 to 45. Attack: Arrow, Blindfire, and Imbue Stun removed from base. Adept Arcanist and Aim added to base. Upgrade Path 1 changed to Imbue Stun/Paralyze/Stun. Upgrade Path 2 changed to Evasive 2/Farshot 2/Punish.

Bowmage (After Changes)
    Base Abilities- Attack: Magic Arrow (0 nora), Adept Arcanist (+10 nora), Aim (+8 nora)
    Upgrade Path 1 (Mage)- Imbue Stun (+12 nora), Paralyze (+4 nora), Stun (+6 nora),
    Upgrade Path 2 (Archer)- Evasive 3 (+7 nora), Farshot 2 (+5 nora), Punish (+6 nora)
    Estimated Nora Cost: 70-80

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    Tweek516 and Pixyrus like this.
  12. chickenpox2

apept arcanist will be really awesome on him

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I fluffing love these changes.

14. chickenpox2

10dmg + aim + farshot+ bale= 13 dmg 4-9 range every 3 turns that better than arrowsingers preparation lol

15. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

The range could get pretty good with all of that. Keep in mind that Farshot is +1 AP per shot. Still, it is something to keep in mind. Farshot could easily be changed for something else if the consensus is that it would be too much. Impair Vision?

16. TinyPickle

TinyPickle The King of Potatoes

Can you guys/girls please stop making bowmage too OP/efficient. Also look at KF as whole. Lots of things other stuff can make him stronger.

17. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I think in the future for buff like this, I'll do this same system.
    I like the way this is turning out. And at the very least if what I choose dosent really fit well with the vesion of Gedden or the new Dev
    I can always link them this thread and they can pick and choose.

18. chickenpox2

i want you to keep farshot it a good ability its that the damage will be high so i would advise to move his damage back to 7 and reduce cost by 8 nora

19. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Like this choice a lot.

20. chickenpox2

Dam 7
    Spd 6
    Rng 4-6
    Def 0
    HP 42

Base: Attack Electric Arrow, Precision , Aim
    Upgrade 1: Farshot 2, Rain 2, Barrage 2