Brain fart - Resistance: Physical

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hekau718, May 14, 2015.

1. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

General consensus seems to be, that Res: Phys is undercosted. But raising it's cost raises new issues with other champions. (and doesn't really fix it either)
    My brain did a fart.

if you would make Res: phys rank 3 more scarce ( as rank 3 seems to be the problem) . Add it only to few champions (maybe, with other weaknesses of their own) , rank 2 to more champions, and rank 1 to even more champions, it could fix the issue. Because right now, most (or all?) champions with Resistance: Physical have a linear upgrade path ( either rank 1; 2 or 3) , and everyone chooses the highest rank. If, instead these champions would have other abilities in the upgrade paths (e.g resistance: phys 2, Regen 3, Resilient) you would actually have a choice between viable builds. By making lower ranks more widespread, and higher ranks scarce, it would give more design room to champions, wothout sandbagging them and fix the resistance issue.

On the other hand, if you would just add, say +4 nora to the ability, it would be an extra sandbag to many runes with the resistance. And would require those runes to get a Nip tuck, or potentially risk them being closer to shoebox.

Lastly,by adding smaller resistances to other runes, you could actually pull out quite a few runes from the shoebox.

Thanks for reading. Any thoughts?

PhdNiceGuy, claydude5 and Engleberry like this.
  2. Engleberry

Engleberry The King of Potatoes

Seems like a pretty good solution. Wanna see what a dev has to say.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

There are plenty of bad runes out there. None of them are bad because of Resistance to physical, and changing the pricing on the ability will barely affect those runes. Change the runes if they need it, but damn, who wouldn't pay 8-10 nora for resistance 3? Changing R:phys to 5-7-9 sounds like a solution to me.

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

70-75 nefari guard still runable x2. Just stating the obvious though.

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. Hekau718

Would he be runable with Resistance: Physical rank 2?

6. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Res Phys 2 and about 70 nora would probably still be run 1x. I would say that would be a good target balance point for nef guard. It puts it on a similar level to Crowned Sauropod.

7. Hekau718

Out of interest, what do greens think of this?
    @Sokolov

8. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Is Resistance: Physical even that common?

9. Hekau718

Not that common, but lower ranks would be more common. Thus give more design options to champions. Rather than res : 1, 2 and 3.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

According to Poxbase, 44 champions have it in the raw at one or more ranks. 2 spells, 2 relics, and 2 pieces of equipment also grant or have it. 6 additional abilities also reference resistance to physical. The game has about 1500 total champions, and 2300 total runes. That means about 3% of the runes in this game have or can create Resistance: Physical. Considering the breadth and variety of runes in Pox, and that those with powerful and potentially under-costed abilities like Res: Phys see more play, I would say that's fairly common.

Hekau718 likes this.