Budget Dragons

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by vipoid, Jul 19, 2014.

1. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Is it possible to build a budget dragon bg?

Is so, what would you recommend?

2. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Yes, it is possible to build a budget dragon bg, and it is currently overpowered so it will do very well.

MUST haves:
    - 2x Mauler: they are just so strong it's stupid. frankly, between this, Rumblers and Drakewing Swarm you don't truly need any other champion, but you have to fill the rest of the bg's slots. deploy as soon as revealed most of the time (the only time you would reconsider is if the situation really demands a specific answer - which is almost never - or mid-late game when Rumblers are bonkers);
    - 2x Skywing Rumbler: use them with Surge Dragon 2 obviously; they just get retardedly strong and if you pack some Skywing Beacons/Skywing Patrols, you can deploy closer to the enemy to wreck more;
    - 2x Drakewing Swarm: it doesn't do much and nothing much gets done to it, except the rare occasional AoE (but that doesn't really matter when it costs 56, which is less than the 57 you produce per turn with 1 font; the practical difference between evasive 2 and evasive 3 is so small you can just keep it at 56 nora). this is moreso the Silent Doom of the deck because deploying it alone gives +6 dmg to your Rumblers;
    - 1x Skithmaw Hunter: awesome champion; I take it with full upgrades for maximum movement and regret nothing! 68 cost for a great detection+ decent font harasser/grabber+ secondary fighter. he is not broken imo, but he's a good champion;
    - at least 1x Transmission Relay: it reveals your deck fast and gives you infinite recycling potential; it's the Nail in the Coffin;
    - Dragonfear: a lot of the time, casting it means you take out a champion out of the fight for 6 turns (esp since some people just start moving it as far away as possible until the effect wears off), unless they cleanse it;

Good options:
    - 1x Skywing Patrol: I take it as cheap as possible at just 1x and use it for some ranged option with a deployable Skywing Beacon;
    - 1x Skywing Beacon: I usually want 2 sources of Skywing Beacon in the deck and post-revamp, I can barely bring myself to use ONE Patrol. so I run the actual relic instead;
    - 1x Krikkinwing: there are some times when he is very useful, both as a ranged alt damage option for dragons and because the Poison Cloud can deter the opponent's movements or weaken things that would normally be very resistant to attacks;
    - Summon Dragons;
    - Skywing Agitators and Acidcraws: they're good, honestly; it's just that they're overshadowed by the OP dragons that you will be deploying most of the time for maximum benefit;

Also, do not use equipments, unless you consider Forbiden Fruit as a possible inclusion. I never found a use for any equipment, not even for cleansing. I'd rather just deploy more, cast a powerturn spell or place down some relic (I actually ran dragons with Tainted Statues, but I don't consider them necessary). No need to bother anyway, when Transmission Relay will revive your overefficient stuff. Both Maulers and Rumblers kill a lot more a lot faster than they get killed, so you're usually winning that way.
    I haven't found a use for Basilisk Templar, but I tried him before the algorithm change, when his cost was in the high-80s. Idk how he would fare now with his lower cost.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  3. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

It's pretty possible since you don't really need dragons beyond rare rarity except maybe Vindrax. Or new ones not in Rune Forge.

4. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

That's a lot of help, thanks. :)

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Must haves?

Draksar Dragonhandler and vindrax for obvious reasons.