Burnin Battlegroup Building

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by BurnPyro, Mar 26, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I would urge you to use poxbase, makes it a lot easier for both of us to analyze battlegroups, even if they're incomplete

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/Cu@CgLCptCoDCaKCi4caQCgBs6Ls55s8osas5hs5ts2-s73S7usYs5jrPr2qe22

anyhow I'm not familiar at all with this kind of bg, but I took what you started with and went from there. I kept the AoVs in there and put some tricks for it in (transfusion, mimic, ferocity of kain taris, bloodblade), then focussing on the mutation side: marauder and persecutor are key. Mutant yeti is aweful, draksar marine is ok, but trash compared to marau/perse. The double matriarch compliments the 'buff my champ' nicely, they're great support champs and cocoon buffs your champs up even more (since you're already mutating, I figured you'd like buffing champs up). Doctors and morphs are obvious. Snogvie is snogvie. Patrols are there because you need range, and ranged sunder is epic.

Spellset is the basics + adjusted to work for your AoVs + buffed up champs. 1 Ferocity is nice since everything has regen and most factions can't kill perseverence the same turn.

Note: never.ever. run taint. Unless you want to lose games in horrible fashion, in that case run 2.

I'm not sure what you wanted exactly, let me know what you think.

2. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Cool, thank you. Going to try a forbidden fruit instead of enslave.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Why wouldn't you run Taint? It gives you Violent, which will proc off the original race as well as the new one, as well as Draconic Force, which if you're keeping your champs somewhat close gives a damage boost. Sure the Regen 3 isn't as useful since a lot of champs get one rounded, but on an AoV when using the charged ability, you can build up a lot of damage. Put it on a Myx Matriarch and suddenly all of your Draksar are getting a speed increase.

4. Desregoth

Desregoth New Member

Hello, I just came back from a hiatus that lasted a few months and I wante to update the SL side of a split deck. If you're ok with looking at a split deck, I'd like your feedback on my deck. It's a shrine kill deck using Ethereal Pool, Nefari Torch and Energy Overload and UD's Raze units. The reason I split with SL was for Energy Overload and the RipDemons to help not get screwed by Demonbound. However, I'm having a hard time choosing the other SL runes that would best support the deck (probably stuff to help vs rush).

The current deck looks like this: http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cuUci3cu0C7DC9yC9qC5=caQCgBCjNS10S3pR2kRkE4e2Ie27Ez.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It all sounds good, but you're playing SL, not IS. Using your 30 nora so passively doesn't work for SL unless you're already really far behind. SL thrives off efficiency in champs and powerturns. You can never spare 30 nora in the grand scheme of things. Even on the matriarch it sounds good, but it's honestly not worth it. Once you climb the ranks efficiency is everything.

6. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

There is also a bug with taint and the SL font bonus that makes it even more terrible such that you'll find yourself sitting with only regen 1 or 2 after all is said and done.

Besides, if you're looking for violent on something rage band is the far better answer.

7. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Pretty sure if you wait for the font bonus to wear off the regen 3 is fine. Taint also gives the gift of draconic force, which is situationally stupid good. Prismatic skywings + taint is kinda lolz

HalfGodBro likes this.
  8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I agree

9. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

While it doesn't happen every time I've seen it drop down to regen 2 after you go into a font and get the font bonus then let it run off.

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

the reason this bg will fail is that while it looks really great on paper, you've got no damage and run way too much support. You don't have any cheap champs to let die for your death benefit either (like a graveyard would do in FW). Wyrmpriest is also horrendously bad. I'd urge you to put in more mutations and focus on that side, unless you want to run FW/SL or FF FW death benefit will not work in FF SL.

12. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

BurnFat, how do you lose weight?
    Oh wait, it's fatty Burn :p

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

jealous cause there's more teh luv

14. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Hmmm..

You could just use another varu dragon and a spell of your choice. Cancel magic would be nice. You'd only be running 14 champs though. You can run Skywing Acidcraws if you want, but I'm not a fan.

16. HalfGodBro

HalfGodBro The King of Potatoes

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cpmCmCkvcgLcptcoDCjFChHCi4cgBs6Ls55s8oS4isas5hs84s5ts73S7usYrPr2q

Always run 2x quicken, in any SL bg ever. Also 2x channeled violence in draksar. Burning sands is really dope too.

I took out the lesser poweful champs and put in better ones. I'm not sure if you have to budget to do so, if not, just tell me what you can/can't do or want/don't want and I'll edit it to make it cheaper.

This bg should be a lot stronger spell and champwise, enjoy :)

18. HalfGodBro

HalfGodBro The King of Potatoes

i dont have 2x high draksar, everything else i do, my main problem here, is the lack of serpentor ardent, and not enough champions, i rarely run under 16-17, im such un unlucky guy on first draw
    and also, 2x quicken, 2x Channeled Violence, and Quickening and DB o_O thats so insane no? are those powerturn spell that much good? it feel sad not bothering with all the other good spell from SL XD
    Edit: also, no detection is gonna kill me on some match up, im not as good as you, those skeletal lerper and other shadow strike unit are gonna Firk with my head xD

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  19. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!

20. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

You'll like this one more:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cogCmCWckvct=cptCoDCjFChHCi4cqis6Ls8os6ws4is5hs84s73S7usYs5jrPr2q
    1x channeled violence because cooldown is low, no DB because it's too costly for only 2 ap. Added transfusion so you could make strong paradigm rushes with ferocity of kain taris, that can be game winning if your opponent doesn't have the required counters. No ardent because he's only good in 1vs 1 situations, and paradigm is good in 1vs1, and in any case that you are able to match him against ranged units only, so he's plain better, but if you still want ardent in, replace one paradigm or one persecutor with it.