Burnin Battlegroup Building

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by BurnPyro, Mar 26, 2014.

1. HalfGodBro

HalfGodBro The King of Potatoes

you are right, i'm liking this one more, i dont see really what does ardent have less than a persecutor for similar cost...damnit, i love those ardent xD
    EDIT:isnt paradigm a bit OP :S

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Persecutor is a bit more tankier in general, and much better against non-targeted damage, but ardent has life siphon and defiant, so you could try.

And yes, paradigm is OP, but there are other things that are super op.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cpmCmCWckvcgLcptCoDChHCi4cgBs6Ls55s8oS4isas5hs84s5ts73S7usYrPr2q

Sorry meng lords are meh, you need broodqueens for detection. Thought I took them out, my bad. I switched a highmarshal for another persecutor. Serpentor ardents are really overrated. I mean, a persecutor is so much more useful. Will tank more consistently and will dish out more damage.

15 champs is the magic number, 16 and more is pushing it to be fair. Spellset is really important.

YES. IN EVERY BG EVER RUN DB, 2x QUICKEN AND QUICKENING. I cannot stress how important these spells are to the SL playstyle. Everything in draksar revolves around getting some champs out, using chan violence and then start chaining powerturns to win.

Always run 2x channeled violence, the cd isn't the most important thing, it's about draws. When a whole bg relies on one single spell, you need to draw it ASAP or it will screw you over.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Ardent is a lot squichier vs people who know what they are doing.

He's one of those champs that looks sooo good on paper, but either performs really well or really poorly in a game. He's by no means a bad include, but he'll perform less consistently than a persecutor.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Honestly, drop that second bg (no offense gabriel) but it doesn't contain any staples from the draksar powerhouse.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CmCWct=CgLCptCoDChHCi4s6Ls8os6wS4isas84s5ts73S7usYs5jrPr2q

Try this one. Always worth getting 2x paradigm cause he's broken as heck (lol spur), don't need valdac and the subpar draksar. As I said before, 2x channeled violence for draws. 1x mimic because it's a situationally broken spell (especially on the melee draksar who are already powerhouses)

What'd you think?

6. HalfGodBro

i think im starting to understand your point pyro, im gonna try out that second bg, thx

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Let me know how it goes

8. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

It's crazy to say "drop that bg" and then suggest one with only 3 rune changes, but I will explain why I suggested that bg in first place, not to argue with you burn, just so pleople knows.
    I make the battlegroups thinking that the people that needs advice to build a bg (or that shows some flaws at it) isn't a top player (reasonable? it seems reasonable to me), so the bg I propose will be built in a manner that wins the game with a clear outline, in that example, there are a lot of champions that grow with time, so that will be the main lategame winning condition, there are also a lot of buffs to support a phalanx playstyle, that's why psions, mengclans, marauders and valdac, because all of them provide a serie of buffs to nearby champions be it with stats or heal that will help with letting your other champions snowball. In the bg Burnpyro changed, he gets a second paradigm (doesn't snowball as well as persecutors and marauders), a second channeled violence and mimic (situational) and for that he loses psion (more range, utility, phalanx support), valdac (heals, cleanses and tanks, making the phalanx unstoppable) and mengclan lord (mengclan lord is the best support rune in SL, he has pull, drive, bound nora, shred defense, he's a game winner). So please make your own conclussions.

9. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!

Like it so much! Only few questions: cancel magic/transfusion or ferocity of kain taris? And most of all: marauders or high marshal/blackscale? Marauders are more synergic with morphs, but blckscale and high marshals are powa

EDIT: i see now that there aren't any mengclans.. Why? They are quite perfect!

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

ferocity is the least reliable, so I wouldn't go for that. You only need one maurader and 1 blackscale honestly, then marshals 2x cause they're so boss. I don't like mengclans at all, idk, they're not my thing. Cancel magic is neat, so is transfusion

11. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Burn, If I run 2x Paradigms in a skeezick bg, am I a ***?

TheNidhogg likes this.
  12. Aghatoor

Ok so at the moment i have to put my blacky on one marauder, then when i got the two marshals put in for marauder and blackscale, i like it :)

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

incredibly so

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yeah one blackscale is enough, he's pretty costy. But when you find the right time he offers a lot.

15. rogreborn

rogreborn Devotee of the Blood Owl

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CgXChKcpWC2oChFCfHc9iCiJcdXs6Ls8os6wsas84S26s73S7usYS6vrPr2q

What's good?

Anyway, took out the skeezick that are aight. Put in the skeezick that are dope and great. (can you afford 2 blackguards, cause they're everything in skeezick atm). Put in some more powerspells (DB quickening and quicken (quicken was made for skeezick, always 2x), took out the equips. Honestly, no equip in SL is really shocking. Only relics you ever use are hive and banner.

Whatchathink

17. HalfGodBro

well, to be honest, it did not go very well...i kept getting matched against FW and Frost Amped ST -_-...i never win against those, any tips on fighting FW or ST?

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

FW is a joke to face with draksar because of the amount of decay. It's downright stupid. Your best shot here is to try and get 3-4 champs out that can hit hard and just rush. Get channeled violence up and a powerturn and go hard. You can win mid to lategame, but it requires him to make mistakes so you can powerturn through all their free meat.

ST depends on which battlegroup they're running. If it's the meta kas guide spam, same as FW. If not, their lategame isn't as good as yours and you can generally build up as long as you keep their AoE spam in mind. (antispell!)

19. Aghatoor

Ok in the end i'm trying your Bg and it's very good, i've only changed one rune, i put one ardent for one paradigm, it's great with channeled violence if plaied at the correct moment! And i've got another question: i've just got basilisk templar and judge torien, are they good? I'm gonna try them, probably i'll put torien on one morph and basilisk on the marauder or on mimic (i don't like it so much, great in some situation but dead draw more often)

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Templar is alright, just 2x2 and costy which is annoying. But really good in certain situations.

Torien is only good in a dedicated judgement bg imho, too costed