Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

If we are nerfing dots across the board on ranged units, make sure to also reduce Fire for Effect and pretty much all equips that grant dots.

I feel like it would be easier and better to instead just make it so units can only have 1 dot, whichever would deal the most damage. Same for damage auras. Abusive stacking of these mechanics has been around a long time. would require much less changing of individual runes this way. But i dont know how hard that would be to code?

2. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I agree tough is a bit overcosted. But I also think it is on a few too many runes.

I think it is fine as a temporary buff for short durations, but problematic on any champ stacking damage reduction abilities. As a permanent ability, it should be an alternative to high defenses, not an addition to them.

What if we made it so it works like Stoneskin Potion/ Armor abilities? IE make it a trade off for AP to have the buff for 2. It could be cheaper that way, like frost/fire Armor type abilities.

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

zombie plague weakens the zombie theme significantly as a summon versus real. as recently as a few months ago it was real champions.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't understand what you are saying, Zombie Plague wasn't changed recently. It's been a summon for over a year now.

5. Sokolov

Just tested Zombie Plague, seems to be working properly. Can you provide more details as to what is broken and what isn't working?

Ssharsted likes this.
  6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

honestly at this point he's just talking Bane Shift about you guys without provocation. I vote just ban him.

7. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

Ritual of destruction:
    Played a game where it worked as intended against a lesser maulers summoned from attacking a bone elemental.
    A few hours later I played against a KF bg and the bug was back. Ritual of Destruction damaged the sapling I used the ability on.

EDIT:
    Just played another game
    Works fine against lesser maulers from cloak of skulls, but fails against summoned skellies from dark rising...

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

depression and similar abilities should only affect enemy champs...

ritual of destruction is still glitched and doing damage to the summon it destroys.

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

note that the targeting is closest to champion with the ability. so its possible you were just in position to hit the bone ele with the ability instead of the summoned champ.

10. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

Stiched hex doll is bugged - Not giving hex as stated in description.

11. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

Hmm - This could be it... I have to check that

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

drown still isnt working on undead even tho it no longer says so in drown's description.

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

For some reason in-game descriptions got changed for whatever reason. There's a handful of abilities that have incorrect in game descriptions atm but I've reported what I can to Sok.

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the eater, acolyte, amp, and flamestrike nora increases all need to be reverted asap. the changes were horrible.

15. Sokolov

Eater costs weren't changed so nothing to revert.
    Acolyte abilities are OP and will be 14 nora until they are code changed.
    Amp is staying the way it is for now.
    Flamestrike costs haven't been changed so nothing to revert.

16. Sokolov

Yea, some descriptions are wrong because they were incorrectly pushed to the client (note that the website is correct). This is a problem with the pipeline that I am pushing to have resolved so it doesn't happen again.

17. Sokolov

No, they shouldn't. It'd just be Dread then.

It's good to have variety in abilities and have double sided effects as well. Not everything needs to be the same.

Please post bugs to the appropriate forum. Also, this is fixed for next patch.

IMAGIRL, Ssharsted and themacca like this.
  18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov you need a small council of knowledgeable players to help significantly on the games balancing. No disrespect intended because you work on the game and dont have time to play it but based on your responses you have major holes in your understanding of the games pvp. This is problematic because it will prevent you from getting the game anywhere close to a decent state of balance because you wont be able to identify what that even is.

acolyte was not overpowered, there are several reasons why I can say this.
    ive played against it as often as almost anyone because of how much i played in the past year and never had any issues with it, if it was strong I would have noticed.
    I have also created several elemental and fire bgs including acolyte based, none of the bgs I used that relied on acolytes at their core were anything better than mediocre and actually needed alot of work to make them stronger overall.

Before the amp nerf magic amp, frost amp, and psychic amp were among the strongest amp bgs and were decently strong.(the rest of the amp bgs were pretty weak unless I am forgetting one)
    magic amp as a whole wasnt any stronger than the current elves or kf mix it just had high potential damage if you managed to get the amp high enough(with a weaker early game compared to the other 2 kf bgs i mentioned) If it needed a nerf at all it would have been to aurora inspector and possibly to stellar horizon. The amp nora cost increase just shoeboxed this theme as well as most other amps in the game.(put the alreaedy shoeboxed amp themes deeeper in the shoeboxed)
    psychic was another strong amp theme that has been recently nerfed heavily. firk mask increased by 5 nora, void shield was nerfed which affected several core psychic champions, soulthief lost dark favor, and stillwater mutant lost survivability. the firk mask nerf was fine, the void shield nerf was pretty harsh, soulthief was shoeboxed, and the stillwater mutant nerf was somewhat justified. All of these things together tho greatly weakened the theme, the only runes in psychic that were clearly overpowered was extispicer(it may still be) and stillwater mutant and tho it may have been overnerfed. also pinger was nerfed and lost its damage shield just because of a random player complaint after said player had lost to someone using the rune...(making changes based of random player rage doesnt make sense)
    frost amp was probably the only other decently strong amp theme besides psychic and magic amp. what made this theme so strong was the ability to attain frost amp and use howling wind for 40% aoe vulnerability. frost amp itself was no where near undercosted before its cost increase and howling wind is probably close to being shoeboxed at its current cost.(what it needed was a reduction of the % and or aoe not a cost increase) ice storms cost increase also hurt this theme alot because its the only aoe damage spell in st that does not damage your own units.

icesnap is now 90-95 nora with the new amp cost, it was already expensive before.
    frostvine is now 87 nora with the new frost acolyte cost which is just ridiculous, this rune sucked even before you increased the cost of the ability.
    these are just 2 examples but tens of runes have been affected negatively in similar ways as a result of the increased cost of amp and acolyte.
    the numbers might not mean much to you but to st players who understand, you just ruined the heck outa these and other runes.
    I dont even want to get into other amp/acolyte themes because they already sucked before you increased the cost of these abilities, now they are just that much more garbage.

I dont see how you think it makes sense for a champion to pay for an ability that debuffs not only enemies but allies as well, that is what depression is atm. changing depression into a aoe 3 debuff does not make the same as aoe 8 dread and even if it did that is that really worse than paying for an ability that harms your own units. paying for abilities that hurt your allies is not making the ability different or unique and its silly that youd even say that. dread is also overcosted(but should probably have a max number of dread stacks possible, like 3 for example)

Last time I checked it was you moles and wraith working on balancing the games pvp by yourselves. considering none of you are very skilled or knowledgeable of its workings past a basic level that is not good for the game at all and is not going to get us anywhere... This game desperately needs a small council in instruct the devs of the proper changes to make in order to allow the games pvp to function properly. Otherwise this madness is just going to continue and the vast majority of decks wont get fixed.

I really dont want to but I could fix nearly all of this games current pvp problems myself in a short amount of time, im sure a small council with a similar amount or more game knowledge as myself could do the same.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  19. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Depression is only 2 nora, not sure what the big deal is.

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

it debuffs your own units, its a stupid ability as it is. reckless blast is the same way and incoherent babling.

it doesnt make the abilities unique, fun, or different, it just makes them stupid and impractical.

@Qucas i dont complain about practical abilities that are costed properly. I complain about alot because alot of stuff is and has been messed up, so there is obviously alot to complain about...