Call of the tundra

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by legalpwn, Jul 21, 2016.

1. legalpwn

legalpwn Well-Known Member

I really love the spell, specially for a yeti racial (what i'm running actually), but i just can'tfigure out WHY the area of the spell isnt a god damn quadrangle. I mean, you are dropping a 2x2 yeti, why is the area of effect so big? It leads to drop the spell incorrectly, and i know, someone is gonna tell me "dood, rly, just learn how to throw d' spell n stahp the QQ", but the area of that spell, has no Firking reason to be.
    <3 u all

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

The way Pox was coded, wasn't meant to consider specific scenarios like these. So you in this case, sadly, you need to learn the tricky details of tile order. But you won't waste your time anyway since knockback is an essential mechanic to learn, specially for ST (Gale Force) that uses the same logic.

So go ahead and search in General Forums for the fullguide made by kalasle that explains everything.

Also thumb.up for playing Yeti, how you doing with it?

3. legalpwn

legalpwn Well-Known Member

Hey thanks for answering. Im doing quite good, i think yetis are underrated just because people didnt actually put a real effort on understanding how good they can actually be. When you learn how to combine the characters and move them together, like wailing yeti + jakei heretic, they can be a real pain. I had to make some substantial choices on the characters i used and the overall playstyle of the deck, since there are many yetis, and a lot of them (avalancher, im seeing you) are pretty useless. So once you actually pick the right ones, i think a specially careful choice of spells can make this deck walk on its own. And one thing i ALWAYS see and proves me that lots of ppl dont rly know how to run them, is the fact that they run a scout, considering all yetis have detection for 2 AP with abominable. Detection + Fear. Cmon... its ridiculously good. Anyways the deck has some greater weaknesses, like good ranged options and no flying units (and nothing to counter aerial supremacy for example). But, once the engage is effective and looking good for you, yetis are just unstoppable. oneshotsxxx.avaaz.org (lol)

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

2x2 is basically the biggest pain in the ass Pox ever introduced :D

Karamasov likes this.
  5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

call of the tsundere
    18240_toradora_aisaka_taiga.jpg

Lushiris likes this.
  6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I've always loved the idea of this spell. Call of the Tundra is good.

7. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Hey don't mess with the holy spell of the Yetivirate.

But @legalpwn , after while using it you'll get the hang of placing the yeti where you want it to be. That's specially easy given its 1-2 range... And in several cases you can lock its position in a specific spot by seeking occupied spaces near your target. There are tons of uses for this spell once you start visualizing the roadblock it instantly gives. I've won games just by roadblocking the enemy Avatar with it.