Can a ST BG be built without...

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Bondman007, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

the flower? It is still ridiculously powerful for its nora cost and the stealth aspect of it just makes it all the better. Easy to amp frost and churns out tons of damage with its blast and addable aura. Is ST so dependent on this rune atm that it can't win without 'em?

I'm just asking because it fits into ALL of my ST BG's atm!

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Yeti tracker uses the same slot, brings the same utility and has declare target, icewisp is superefficient, it's true, but tracker is really interesting

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I don´t know Bond, I wouldnt say that it´s a must include rune for all ST bgs.
    For example, running it in a beast/lonx/yeti/flying bg is sub optimal. It´s 4 types of bgs right there.
    But yeah, it´s undeniable that it is a great rune, but I wouldnt say ST is dependant on it AT ALL.

Morfeas likes this.
  4. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

What better shatter options are there for Flying or Lonx? I think it's a must have unless you run Rebound instead..

5. Pedeguerra

Thinking you NEED to run shatter options is where you are wrong. Equipments are hardly relevant to the game, thought you knew that. Unless we are talking about that AP lock bg, but then that thing is probably on the next nerf list.
    Besides Nid, you are well known for not running pure "thematic" bgs - aka running The Doc in a skeezick bg - so I don´t suppose you´d understand my advice to Bond.

6. TheNidhogg

I don't mind breaking theme to make a deck better, and since you claimed optimality rather than theme, I think it's irrelevant.

Also, you don't need to run shatter, but I frequently find I want a 1x option in case I get in a bind. Icewisp is good enough to go in pretty much anything without hurting yourself.

7. Pedeguerra

But that´s exactly my point, and you missed it: breaking those above mentioned themes (Lonx, Flying) will make the use both of the bg and the rune suboptimal. Including it, even as a x1 option, for shatter alone, handcaps draws and playability of the bg.
    But hey, tastes are like butts - everyone has their own.

8. TheNidhogg

No, I didn't miss it - which is why I said I still think adding it makes it better. I definitely don't think it is a must include though, so I think I actually agree with you.

9. Pedeguerra

All right, bud.

10. Lanfear

Lanfear Well-Known Member

Its true, the flower is the Silverclan Engineer of ST. So amazing.