Changes SLers would like to see

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by MovnTarget, Nov 18, 2014.

1. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

At some point in the future the will probably be a patch. In this patch there will likely be stuff.

What do people want that stuff to be?

Bear in mind what I suggest can very easily get ignored partially or in its entirety. Also bear in mind I'm becoming increasingly less inclined to humor people who post things that are stupid and/or annoying and I am likely to lash out in a fully justifiable rage.

Woffleet likes this.
  2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

wow who's this guy anyway

MovnTarget and BurnPyro like this.
  3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

buff bearcat pls

kthxbai

4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Well i will list the things that in my opinion could use a change. Some i do not know what change exactly they need and others the change i propose might be unintentionally overbuffing them because i like those runes. in any case i leave my suggestions to the devs criteria:

General design:
    Abilities:

• Regen rank cost from 3/6/9 to 3/5/7
    • Sand generation abilities are overcosted compared to other terrain generation, please check them again.
    • Brood Bond: to also grant something to this champ when an egg relic hatches, could be +1AP and synergyze with the spell "awaken brood".
    • Change all those repetitive upgrades to give options..
    • Remove regen from several champs (specially those that require teammates to work like Draksars) and create an ability that grants a rank of regen to friendly dragonkin within 6 spaces, could be called "Dragon Blessing" or something lorefriendly. This then could be given to support as an upgrade choice or base as you see fit.
    • Please consider "Adaptation" as the Draksar theme ability(is the one that copys the enemy activable ability). Fits with the theme's "evolutive" lore.

Champeons:
    Skeezick:
    • Master Trapsmith: costs too much, right now it's not even worth including on a trap bg. I'm not sure what is overcosted on him or if he is lacking weaknesses to take his cost down or even if his ability set look too basic.
    • Skeezick Dragonslayer: Scale Armor on the rend UpPath
    Draksars:
    • Blackscale Centurion: Its a tanky beater, boring. I would like him to have 3 command abilities on one upgrade path and "battlemaster 2/drive/Sweep" on the other upgrade path.
    • Broodguardian: I don't see how he could give use to "relic guardian", to me to reflect his role he looks like a good candidate for "Slam" replacing that. Also it could have "Dragon Blessing" or a small healing ability on it's upgrade paths.
    • Draksar Archer: It has no abilities.. Could have "rain of arrows" or any other cool archer abilities... If "Far shot" is THAT expensive then maybe replacing it with preparation or something more versatile..
    • Draksar Broodqueen: Remove violent, could have "Relic Guardian" on any UpPath. Its a candidate for this "Dragon Blessing" ability i mentioned early.
    • Draksar Forerunner: Remove "Camouflage" from base, it already has "Elusive", Remove "Violent" from UpPath2, Remove "Sentry" from UpPath1. This champ is a candidate for "Sapping Strike", "Running Strike" and It could have a DoT on each UpPath to work with "judgement" bgs as a dotter.
    • Draksar Hunter: This guy is a loner, Remove "violent", remove "draconic force". Add "Declare hunted", pounce and pummel on base or on UpPath as you see fit.
    • Draksar Marine: Add race Mirefolk, Remove "Violent". Attack charged 2 base. UpPath1: Water Vortex, Pin Down, Stunning Sweep. UpPath2: Dive 2, Mutation: Gore, Domain Water
    • Draksar Sandstalker: It looks like a loner to me, remove "Violent", generally sand theme does not have many draksars.
    • Serpentor Ardent: Booooooriiinggg. I dont know what but it needs love everywhere.
    • Skywing Patrol: Add Detection 2 on UpPath 1
    • Draksar Morph: Too little use as a Draksar support at that cost, too expensive for the Mutation theme. Imo if her abilities are changed around and ends with "Mutate" on base and low base nora she could be added to her themes.
    Dragons:
    This next two should be moved away from 2x2 6spd melee basic attack beaters to something more unique and special:
    • Demolisher: Remove his basic attack and give him "Charge 2" and mobility base. Upgrade path1 to "Heavy Charger/+1 spd/Massive Leap" and the other path to "Tough 2/regen 3/resist phisical 3".
    *It would focus on his role with "Break the Line" with some interesting choices.
    • Destroyer: Remove attack phisical, rend and cleave from base. Add Base "Horrific Howl", Tough 2, regen 2. UpPath1: "Swallow Whole/ Charge 2/ Crushing Charge", UpPath2: "Heavy Charger/ Trample/ Sweep"
    *Less strong than Goliath Fesh, it's only role would be to move in, make it's grace then move out. each ability on UpPath1 synergyzes with one with UpPath2 for different builds.

Other Champs:
    • Sand Elemental: Remove Attack Sand, Replace all the sand generation abilities from the UpPath1 for "Dehydrate/Crystalize/Deflect:Sand". Add Sand Spray base and create an ability called "Sand Reconstitution"(this champeon gains Reconstitute as long as it's on sand terrain).
    *I imagined this one not as a natural elemental but one magically made by a wizard sandstalker, thus its not a walking generator but a meat creature that needs Sand to subsist and make an attack from time to time.
    • Tainted Vinecreeper: Plant regen on a Hidden: Sand champ? really?.... Sand already has too much phisical damage, make it something fun.. Also Mutation: Horror works better for a gigant mutant carnivorous plant. Why not pull?

Spells:
    • Awaken Brood: Add "Summoned champs hatched by this effect gains 3 ap" and make it release "Cocooned" champs.
    • Blaspheme: Add to its effect "Relics on affected area cant trigger their effects or activable abilities", like that SP spell.
    • Blood of the Dragon: gives too little.. Maybe if it were two rank3 shields, or 1 shield and "Reflection" rank 3/4
    • Broodguard: Doesnt make sence to spend nora on egg relics while the point of them is to hatch as soon as possible...
    • Draconic Pulsar: From fire to magic dmg and apply iluminated instead of charred or some kind of knockback effect like the art suggest.
    • Nora Trap: Instead of a targetable ability make it do: For the next 6 turns all nora generated by external sources from fonts and shrine by your opponent goes to you instead.

Relics:
    • Skeezick Furnace: Also every time an equip is destroyed you gain nora.

Equips:
    • Bonesplitter Maul: Make it Warriors AND Brutes
    • Dragon Claw: Grant Melee attack at -4dmg that applys 3 rank1 dots.
    • Enciotropic Clasp: To also add inhibited
    • Poison Fang: Grant Envenom 2 + Enveloping Mist

Even if some of this suggestions are crazy at least the post is prolix.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

iheartubb

6. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

What I think I think I think:

Dragons are currently the best SL theme, probably a little too strong between the rumblers and the maulers.

Skeez could still use a few tweeks but they are quite runnable and good even.

Drakkies are far better off than they were previously but they still need work. I imagine this will be tied largely into some racial Gedden wants to give to the Drakkies so I don't know what all to do without knowing his thoughts on that. Overall assessment, runnable, but room for improvement.

Beasts are bad right now. The issue lies with the fact that the theme is entirely predicated on the Herder, and desert herder is a very strong ability. There is also the problem that the Herder as a unit is laughably awful right now. He is 92 nora. 92 NORA. Yeah. So ideally some of the strength and cohesion of a beast deck would move away from the herder and onto other beast units. I'd also like to try and see the herder be less LoLworthy than he is right now, because 92 NORA. Verdict: Bad place right now. All the best ranged beasts are LEs/LEGs.

Insex/Myx. Insex still need some good range outside of the chickenwing alfa. The chickenwing alfa needs his bugs resolved and will then need to get adjusted accordingly. They are runnable but there are a large number of matchups in which they can often find themselves that are so absurdly uphill. Runnable, albeit barely, needs work.

Other themes: Sand, Mutants, Amp - Before anything else in sand can be addressed the sand stuff has to be costed properly. Mutants got lobotomized by the revamp. Amp is hardly even a thing in SL despite a relic that amps 25%. That's a problem in and of itself.

I'd like to make a few tweeks to Beasts and Insex, possibly a little drakkie alteration, but my biggest hope is to try and tone down some of the stupid. Ideally I'd be able to work towards toning down some of the stupidly strong crap in other factions and address our own stuff too. I'd like to think I've been doing a pretty good job of bringing a lot of our stupid in line to this point such that now I can look to the stupid of others.

That is not to say all of SL's stupid is gone. There are still some stupid SL things I'd like to see done away with. Those include, but are not limited to, a range on transfusion, no stacking of Ferocity of Kain Taris, and a un-RNG-ification of minefield.

There has been not much of anything as far as green speak goes concerning a next patch so when/if anything happens could be a long time from now.

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

if you do try to push beasts up, desert herder will have to go down. no two ways about it. seems like a job for MATH but i dunno

BurnPyro likes this.
  8. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Agree with that completely. Herder's ability is just too strong if beasts are independently strong.

I just can't over how laughably expensive that little guy is at present.

9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i was playing beasts the other day into iajababooboo's constructs, i hadn't realized wtf had happened to herders prior so i'm freaking out ingame

they still did hella work, but i got early draws and i got my money's worth out of each drop. neither of which is true all/most of the time

#lifesavingmoments

SaintKiwi likes this.
  10. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

lol "iajababooboo".

As far as nerfs go, Maulers obviously need toning down, but HOW is the hard part because there's also something off with Sibling in itself I think.
    Now, I've been playing dragons ever since the revamp and the strange part about the Rumblers is that I started out convinced they are OP (and they totally were against the early post revamp decks) and even now I still think that should be the case (with their Surge rank 2), but strictly judging by how they performed against everything recently I'd be tempted to say they're good, but not that big a deal. Especially since they die so fast (and if they don't, they die anyway). Idk, maybe I got that impression because I've been playing against other OP stuff. I'm not defending them in any way, just noting my impressions ingame. Also, I'm sad about that first upgrade path, because no one's gonna pick anything other than Surge ever.

About Transfusion: it's been fun to ocasionally bounce AP between my only 2 champions over the whole board, but I can agree with the change.

As far as buffs go, why did Imperator get the cost bump? The only person I recently noticed playing him was Senshu. And I tried it out myself before and somehow wasn't impressed, so I dropped him. Imo, he needed a buff before and now even moreso. And I can't help but feel that faction wide, our alternate damage keeps being removed/toned down often.
    I'd also like to see the Sand theme make a return.
    And I really wish Sundered Hellion could get Swoop back even if it meant losing some stats, because right now he's booooring.

I was thinking about Mimic. Maybe it could be changed to grant all activated non basic attack abilities of a champion (maybe opponent only/friendly only?). I'm hoping that would be better than the current version, but can't tell whether it would be OP.

I'd love to see Boil, Thaw and Drought reworked, though that seems hard. I like the AP drain aspect of Drought though and I'm gonna test that spell in game for a bit.

Also, I've been wanting to make a suggestion regarding Skeezick Wylder. Since we as a faction lack CC and probably won't get it as a spell, I think the next best thing would be to get it acessible in the flexible form of Imbue Stun. Nowadays every faction has some CC and I believe it is important for SL to have some, even in a limited form. The only CC I can think of in SL is Draksar Forerunner's Pin Down. So I propose that Skeezick Wylder get cheaper (he can lose stuff for it) and remain usable outside of any theme for the sake of covering this role successfully.

11. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Unfortunately that would also make him pretty damn buff in any theme he fit in. He is already a major powerturn enabler in skeez, straight out buffing him would be a mistake.

12. Kampel

I agree with Sealer0, Wylder is really good as is, in any case we need more "imbue" around the faction instead of overbuffing the only champ we have with it..

As for CC that stops enemy's movement somehow in our faction:

Arthropods
    1. Archnic: Clamp/Assault
    2. Myx Adamant: Clamp/Stun
    3. Myx Broodlord: Tremor
    4. Myx Matriarch: Cocoon
    5. Myx Sandlion: Ambush
    6. Sand Scorpion: Stun

Draksars
    1. Draksar Persecutor: Clamp ***This champ has an entire path of regen..
    2. Basilisk Templar: Petrifying Gaze ***This champ has an entire path of regen..
    3. Draksar Chameleon: Constriction ***This champ has an entire path of regen..
    4. Draksar Constrictor: Constriction ***This champ has an entire path of regen..
    5. Draksar Forerunner: Pin Down ***This champ has sandbag abilities (Violent, Sentry Path, Camouflage)
    6. Judge Torien's Defensive strike + punish? ***This champ has an entire path of regen..
    7. Dreadnought: Tremor

Beasts
    1. Diamondhide Basilisk: Petrifying Gaze/Combo atk: Stun/ Stun
    2. Dunes Manticore: Petrifying Gaze

Skeezicks
    1. Mounted Sauropod: Tremor
    2. Ruthless Netmaster: Entangling Attack
    3. Skeezick Netter: Entangling Attack
    4. Skeezick Baiter: Hinder Movement
    5. Skeezick Filcher: Knockout
    6. Skeezick Wylder: Imbue

Others:
    1. Tainted Vinecreeper: Ambush ***This champ has a bad design

I colored the rarity so you have an idea of the sources.
    It looks to me that you wont see CC on draksars until you get the Legendary ones, Skeezick have the only ranged ones and you find Petrifying Gaze on the Beast theme where they lack alt dmg making it less effective.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    Anima26 likes this.
  13. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I'm the guy who became the guy after the guy and the other guy both didn't want to be the guy.

14. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

For Drakies What about
    BLESSING OF THE SCALE: ALL friendly draksar within 3 spaces gain a rank of regeneration per each Dragon under your control.
    ANGER OF THE SCALE: ALL friendly draksar within 3 spaces gain a rank of enrage per each Dragon under your control.
    STRENGTH OF THE SCALE: ALL friendly draksar within 3 spaces gain a rank of Stat Bounous DEF per each Dragon under your control.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

People play dragons?

16. Kampel

I like it but i see 2 problems:
    1)its global, the "of each dragon you control" could be cheaped to "for each dragon within 6 spaces".
    2) making it work only with dragons is kind of limiting your idea, could it be one rank of regen for each draksar on range and 2 ranks for each dragon in range or something like that? for versatility i mean.
    Also if it's a proximity aura then it doesnt need to work just for draksars, the phalanx playstyle would make it more favorable to use it with them, no need to force it, would end up like:

BLESSING OF THE SCALE: All friendly Mutant and Dragonkin within 4 spaces gain a rank of regen for each Draksar and 2 ranks of regen for each Dragon within 6 spaces.

Woffleet likes this.
  17. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

cool!

18. Kampel

And for SL healing:
    Spontaneous Metabolism: When this unit is deployed, all friendly champeons heal an ammount of HP worth of 2 turns of their current regeneration rank.

Like "Divine Favor" but for SL, for example Tanks with Regen3 would heal 12HP and Rangeds with Regen1 would heal 4 hp. Even our deployment zones gives 1rank of Regen so it would work on almost all our themes, it's fantastic.

19. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Why the surprise, do you perceive them as that bad? They lack Magic dmg and ravenspeaker, but other than that...

I wanted to add, I think Transmission Relay should probably be changed to sacrifice HP for every use. The recursion does get a bit ridiculous at times. (Another possibility would be to pay nora for every use, but that seems really bad, it's not like we got nora to spare).

Also, I'd love to see Skywing Patrol fixed. Before checking it in poxbase I assumed drop: beacon must cost at least 30 nora or something, but no, it is just 15. I was also gonna say that reducing the cost a bit and adding even a non-stackable -1 Def on attack might be enough, but after seeing its stats... Honestly I don't understand where that high cost is coming from. It's like they applied a penalty for it being ranged Sunder and then they removed Sunder. Or something.
    I don't even know what to suggest for this one. I do have ideas but the cost vs what you get is making me too confused. Reinforcement rank 2 might need to be dropped in the process of fixing it though, because of the dual race.

About the Skeezick Wylder. I didn't realize he was already that good. Part of it might be that I never play Skeezick. In any case, the basic premise that we need more CC/our CC made more viable is still worth pursuing (now I wish Basilisk Templar was not legendary so he could get a small buff/be shifted a bit; maybe when legs become forgeable?).

Kampel likes this.
  20. Kampel

Well thanks to Templar's awesome art he can actually be changed easyly without breaking any flavour. For example it could make the basilisk attacks and the rider just throws the axe.
    The mounts attack could be frost damage to add some variety