Cheap meat

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by DukeofDunks, Aug 24, 2015.

1. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

cheapmeat.png
    Playing pox after a long hiatus. Only got a vague idea of whats good after watching a lot of games. Wanting to run a FW bg thats not lich or skele, what am i missing?

2. 15Deadmen

15Deadmen The King of Potatoes

kalasle would tell you to run Wandering Zombie.

Might want to consider corpse pile, and removing catapult.

Fade Wasp fit cheap meat a bit better than High Warlock, and it's got better DOT.

Death Harvester? :/ that guy sucks but maybe he works in cheap meat. RIP dusk creeper...

WELCOME BACK TO POXNORA :D

3. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

They have been a dead theme since the revamp.

4. DukeofDunks

Warlocks were more for the easy use of ravish than dot but ill defer to you, harvester completely went by. Desperately need the detection despite his shortcomings. Tossed in aspect of death because i like to look at him. and he can work here(i think)
    cheapmeat.png
    I currently fear the deck isnt cheap enough but that whats the threads for.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  5. 15Deadmen

15Deadmen The King of Potatoes

skellie raider can be used as detection now, he's actually pretty good. aspect is too expensive, but he might work. best of luck :D

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

First thing, welcome back!

Soul Collector. It sucks, but he fits into a ED/GY engine along with the rest of the cheap meat staples perfectly.

Wandering Zombie is not as good as he used to be. After facing about 10 nora in total cost increases over a couple patches (~20%), along with poor interaction with Death Harvester and Soul Collector -- he never drops a nora globe, and the second form has a nora cost of 0 despite what it says -- he just doesn't pull his weight as often as he might. Still a good unit, but never going to be 2x without changes.

Broken Bones can kick some butt after his buffs. I support that inclusion.

Cutting a Repurpose and maybe an Essence Drain would open up room for more versatile options. I'd recommend a second Festering Wounds. You won't always want it early, but chaining two can win a game.

Afflicted Corpse is still a good rune. I run 2, but that's hardly automatic. Consider trying out 1, though.

Bile Zombie is still iffy-ok. Consider a 1x to see if he works for you.

I'm also running some number of Putrid Creeper with Creeping Harvest. Bonus SDZ can be insane in a cheap meat BG, and he can pick up floating globes from Graveyard to get triggers of his various abilities. Still need to feel that one out, wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but consider if it's your thing.

7. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I'd definitely drop the WZs for a couple Zombie Behemoths. While they lack a bit of raw HP, you get all 73 of it up front without having to deal with the unreliability of WZ's second form. Furthermore, with his recent buff to 12 damage he hits just as hard now, while being immune to almost all forms of cc with Unstoppable and Iron Will. I'd also like to echo what's been said about Skele Raider. Now that he's got a reasonable price tag, his inclusion in cheap meat is assured, even if only a 1x for Detection. Lastly, I question the use of Essence Devourers along with double Repurpose. Since both runes destroy your own champions, you may find it hard to maintain board presence, especially with only 14 total champions in your deck. Even with Graveyards to feed them, ED is a dead draw in the early game, which isn't something you want in the traditionally slow realm of cheap meat. Unless you're planning taking up Kalasle's suggestion to grab the Graveyard globes with a Putrid or Soul Collector, I'd recommend dropping the EDs completely, and perhaps 1 Repurpose as well.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think Essence Devourer is great, but like Jazz says, if you either aren't used to using them or don't intend to take advantage of everything they do, it's best to drop them. They're don't shine until you deploy them for a second time.

9. DukeofDunks

Wow, loads of great responses. Got a void spider for another deck so the martyrs are too rich for my blood, replaced them with beserkers for the time being , suggestions?

cheapmeat.png

Latest revision