chronomancer

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by calisk, Jun 23, 2017.

?

What Would you pay for chronomancer?

1. 70-75

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. 65-70

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. 60-65

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. 55-60

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. 50-55

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. 45-50

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I'll be frank, st has a ton of units that fit the support role and omo chronomancer does not compare well to any of them.

it has no defensive options, it's mobility is good but nothing to write home about, and you can get haste and stall in numerous ways in faction from units that can attack/do more and costs about the same as her.

spell shift is her signature but I'd rather it be on upgrade so i could take it off and run her at the cost I think she is worth.

regardless I am curious about your feelings about her, assuming you aren't running some spell spam bg, what do you believe her, ability set and build is actually worth

2. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Spell Shift should be moved to UG2 as the only option, and it should get a 5 turn CD instead of charge count. Then, increase her speed to 7. This would make her runnable with Teleport and Haste. Her defense is Stall. I'd run her at 70 nora with that.

3. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I really like spell shift as it is. This is her defense. It opens up spells that I would not normally play due to I do not have to 2X a spell in my BG. It is the same principal as to why crystals are worse off. You used to only include 1 x the rune in the BG and be OK due to the cd dropping to zero. Now you have to include 2 x crystal eating up options in your BG. If you need haste in ST there are other options and if you want stall there are options there too. Chronomancer spell shift brings flexibility to ST, and yes I know it is used primarily for spell slams but that is not the best way to run her with the way spell shift is currently at.

I did always feel that she should have more control over time stuff and her nora should be reduced. Instead of being cheaper she should have Rebuke or blockade or an ability like anchoring force, or even a ability to spend charges to increase the other players spell CDS.
    To give the feel that she is in control and the master of AP generation and Cool Downs. She will lock down the time of Poxnora herself :)

4. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

to be clear i don't want to remove spell shift, I just want the option to run her without charge abilities and spell shift if i'm not running a bg focused on that type of play, thus allowing her to be run in more decks.

for example take this upgrade path

base:
    arctic
    teleport - 1
    stall
    haste

u1
    deploy charge 1
    deploy charge 2
    blockade ( suggested by braxzee fits in with her ap control thing she has going on )

u2
    spell shift
    portal
    enervating touch

after braxzee's suggestion I went into a more ap control/teleporting route for it, as it does fit with haste/stall

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Braxzee likes this.
  5. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

U1 deploy charge 1 Changed to Static Shock.... It will play well with enervating touch and will give her a high risky way to cause damage. Engaging a champ with no defense and dmg is very high risk. I dunno if the damge type can be changed to frost and be called Frozen Time. Champ could be worthy of Legendary status and be very unique.