chronomancer ?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by undred, Aug 1, 2014.

1. undred

undred Devotee of the Blood Owl

is she cool ?

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

yep she's around the correct cost now, but their really isn't a deck built for her atm.

you could fit her into a meta deck, or as a support for pretty much any deck.

but the deck she tends to excel in is a spell heavy deck built for control.

she makes a decent rush champ as well if you go teleport 2 you may as well have a 70 nora 8 speed champ that when combined with stall can probably last for awhile 1 v 1

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

@undred Your deck with Chrono + Soul + Staff + Ancestor should shine now :)

I would include Frostfall Hydra for more cheap spells and RA + Cleave combo...

4. calisk

he should try monkey + soul frost, he may as well have impervious since any attempt to get past nhk will gen nora, and he has rapid strike for an instant return.

Goyo likes this.
  5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I thought Rapid Attack wasnt a basic attack. If it is, Im against it.

6. calisk

well currently it does trigger basica attack effects, it makes it completely unplayable on leg whip since the first attack drags and then it stops attacking since the champion has moved. this makes it effectively a 30% damage attack at 4 ap

it would of been a great combo on leg whip pulling 3 times, shame it doesn't work.

as for my opinion on the ability, I believe it should maintain basic attack effects if not for any other reason then the ability has no reason to exist otherwise, and it opens up a lot of fun design space playing with rapid strike champs that have neat basic attack effects like sunder.

GabrielQ and Goyo like this.
  7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I've tried counterattack and it doesn't work. Can you confirm if the Monkey does?

In an early post about it, GrabielQ said it was intended because Strig Legwhip has Combo: Attacks. And compared with Pummel it's power is less effective most of the times.

Why you don't like it?

8. calisk

I will check as soon as i can

Goyo likes this.
  9. calisk

combo attack was why I really wanted to do the rapid attack, but drag breaks rapid so it unfortunately doesn't work

10. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

It's not completely unplayable, it still works when the target can't be pulled, like when champions block the target's path to you, or in melee range.

Description makes us believe it's not, but I clearly remember the devs talking about rapid attack proccing effects on each attack before revamp so I think it's WAI.

It's a bit of a tough call if you think well, because by itself rapid attack is weaker than execute. But with Soul Frost it builds up a victory, not to mention it's most powerful in snaptooth rider with multi. just watch one of Heroex7777's ST/FS games.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  11. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I've already reported that... With Combo Attack: Slam it would move 5 spaces and that's a nice combo with Tigereye.

12. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I personally think Chrono should be around 66-68 nora with teleport 1 and deploy charged 2.
    But thats me, I dont like expensive passive support champs.

13. Lushiris

Chrono is incredibly strong, all her abilities have the power to win games, given she's supporting the right champion, and u use the right spells. So it's not an easy task to put a cost on abilities that don't deal damage, but have such a high potential.

14. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I agree, but her speed should limit her, not her cost ^^

15. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I wouldnt say "her abilities have the power to win games", but she is definetely a good champ.
    I dont consider her even x1 auto in meta bgs.
    On spell heavy bgs, sure.

daeminicus likes this.
  16. Lushiris

Yea I wanted to say potential, but then I'd be redundant. What I mean is that in the hands of a decent player she can be very hard to kill and make kills/font captures possible when they normally wouldn't be, while being safe from harm, most times. There's a difference between having a "normal" champion with haste/stall, and having a champion that spends ap only on those abilities and relies on them to make a difference in the game. And yea spell shift.

Of course there's her minus of having no damage at all, but even so she can be quite useful in certain maps/situations where direct ombat is a less desirable option for both sides.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  17. calisk

well for me any time I've run chrono her main job was to slow things down that I couldn't really kill, so things like AA or marsh gargantua in our current meta would get slowed down enough to be easily worked around.

her haste became useful for threat presence, one your owl raider, or your juya becomes 11 speed the enemy tends to need to back up pretty far.

ultimately she is a hard champ to justify though with no damage potential herself, but that's the price you pay for her utility

18. undred

my deck is kinda cool now XD , cheap adaptive stuff XD .
    although i found out that what i really like are ours elementals .... they are soo cool , to bad they don't exactly have a good sinergy . I always thought they should eat crystal or something XD.

i haven't playtested chrono but she looks like she fits okay

19. undred

marsh gargantua is a thing ???????
    how long was i gone ? what year is it ?

20. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

i think she'd be good at 66 with dep 2 tele 1, 70 is a bit eeeeeh for me to deploy. or if she stays at 70, she needs a bit more hp or maybe +1 def