Circadian Arcanist

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Makorov, May 2, 2014.

1. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

How much would she improve a semi-aquatic bg by being included? Is she absolutely needed or just good to have? Or is she even worthwhile at all?

Thanks for any replies!

2. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

very good inclusion as you get alternate magical damage for all your pirahnids (good against FW for example) and after that provides alternate damage itself by simply taking all the damage that is dealt around her. Would play at least 1 in Mirefolk BGs.

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

circadian arcanists are top champions in FS, long range, good speed exellent damage output (don't let that 12 fool you, arcanist are more often than not hitting above 17 damage) and deflect, and most importantly, they benefit from slipwater and mirefolk revival (the two things that mirefolk have and FS lacks: global powerturn and instant cleanse)
    If you don't have arcanists you can do well enough with tidemasters and enchantress, but I wouldn't keep them outside the bg if available.

4. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Don't forget she does a global 3 dmg on every enemy within 3 spaces of a mirefolk and I believe it still stacks. You could easily get 8-12 free dmg.

5. Makorov

Awesome, thanks for the help.

Also, recently I've been running the original Pirahnid, the one with surge semi/aquatic on base, and I'm impressed. Multi attack 3 means he can get off 2 attacks with 4ap, he'll have decent damage consistently thanks to the bg being a semi-aquatic bg, and Feeding Frenzy is a spot +5 dmg for him.

Feeding Frenzy isn't terrible.... I kinda like it. Fun rune.

So, what do you guys think is more consistent; 2 Pirahnids or 2 Frenzied Pirahnids with surge semi/aquatic? I can't decide because Pirahnid can actually save up ap and is 7 nora cheaper, but Frenzied has more survivability.

6. Skullferno

This is one for the pros, I never liked either, and stuck with Bloodfiend and Tempest. I was more of a The Thing type of guy.

7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

The easy answer is 1 and 1 and try if you need the tactical advantage of stacking AP or the burst damage potential of frenzied, keep in mind that frenzied is 9 speed vs 7 from pirahnid, and 18 + 4(dot) multi 2 damage base against 11 multi 3. It's true also that the more champions you have, the better slipwater becomes, but all things considered, I think I'd run a death lily or a marsh troll instead of pirahnid, but I think it's worth testing.

Skullferno likes this.
  8. Skullferno

Added note on Gabriel's Post: Death Lilly+Poisonous Fumes is a great cheap combo that usually can one round a lot of things. Death Lily alone, is a great champ.

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Frenzied is infinitely more consistent than non-Frenzied, IMO.

Tempest can also be good. Tempest has more AoE/Utility at the cost of cost and single-target damage potential (relatively speaking). I've always viewed The Thing as being more of a tank where Tempest and Frenzied are more about the damage.

Also, since I often use a Vault or two in my Mirefolk builds, as well as two Arcanists, I personally don't care as much about Tempest's (generally superior) base damage type, but if you're not running much in the way of either, that is certainly worth thinking about. For me though, it's part of what makes Arcanist so neat, that I can worry less about damage-type diversification with the rest of my build.

*shrug* YMMV

10. Skullferno

When I meant The Thing, I meant less rush high dmg and more turtling and tanky champions that have snowball effects. I have a deck basely with x2 Marsh Troll, x2 The Thing, x2 Overlord and other various combos of mirefolks, and it's void of any Pirahnid at all. It works with the same idea but, at a much slower pace. Also a rune not suggest yet that is amazing in a bg with this idea would be Swampgaurd Crusher.

11. Makorov

Of course, Tempests and Bloodfiends are absolutely amazing champs (Bloodfiend's pretty op) but things are more fun when you try out less often used runes.

I don't get crazy with it though, considering I am currently running 2 Bloodfiends.

Also, I can't afford The Thing

12. Skullferno

Yeah, The Thing is one of those crazy runes everyone wants yet no one runs them a lot. He isn't needed. Marsh Troll can be a better tank 2/3 of the times and he is cheaper in price/nora too.

13. Makorov

I ran into a The Thing recently, and he's ok. Maybe a 7/10? 8/10?

Also, I've dropped the Pirahnids :(
    I really, really needed detection and, without any form of ranged defense, it was just too much work to keep them alive against better players.
    So, Marsh Troll it was.

EDIT:
    By "I ran into" I meant I played against someone who was using him.

14. Skullferno

The Thing is a wonderful tank, but marsh troll can easily replace him, which it has atm. Hopefully after revamp, I can show him more love. Probably one of my top 10 favorite champion runes.

15. soccamasta

soccamasta New Member

I run x2 Tempests as my only pirahnids. Evasive really helps him to survive. The Things are actually pretty great, as they provide the Tidal Wave water for drown/undertow/slipwater.

Skullferno likes this.
  16. Skullferno

Also, they are pricey but FS doombringers. I find them to be great range/snowball dmg. Throw I usually have them shooting 2 attacks a turn for 19 dmg and the ability Doom is great for stopping those stupid crutch/superchamps

17. Makorov

I hope they hurry up and make a legendary version of Doombringers.

18. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Death lilies are x2 auto for me in a semi-aquatic bg

19. Skullferno

They will never make a Legendary version of Dooms, Harbs, or Renovators. Geddens and even said he would never re-release them.

20. Skullferno

Death Lilly is good, but slow spd, easy target. I rather run 1 of them and throw in something more fun. Not everyone wants to use the same old dry meta. Sure it wins, but it's boring and bland and lacks creativity and fun